4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mission Possible??

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 06:31 PM
IntruderLS1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mission Possible??

ORIGINAL: NicksMeanGT

alright, let me clear things up...as i stated in my first post, the car is BRAND NEW...it has less than 1000 miles on the odometer. it was sitting on the new car lot along w/ 5 other 02-03 f bodies that no one was buying. all of them brand spanking new.
I'm about done, but did have 2 more questions for you, and one observation: The observation is that they stoped making the F-body in 2002 (simple mistake if you're not a Camaro or Firebird fan, so I don't hold it against you). My 2 questions are; how did you manage to find a 99 GT w/ less than a 1000 miles on the car, and do you really think it's going to be easy for us to accept that some hidden dealership somewhere has 5 2002 brand spanking new F-bodies that have not been sold?? People would come from out of state for something like that. Okay, I've said my peace. Don't bother trying to sell me any more of your story either, because I'm just not that dumb. LOL Like my boss used to say when he'd catch us doing something stupid.... "I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night." Peace.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:44 PM
NicksMeanGT
2nd Gear Member

ok ls1 i'm going to have to hoist the dumbass flag on you. you must have been born last nite...LEARN HOW TO READ BEFORE YOU SPEAK!

AGAIN, as I stated in my first post, the kids ss is brand new. Then you ASSumed that it was beaten and abused....therefore i told you it had less than 1000 miles on it.

The dealer is Schepel buick/gmc in indiana on route 30 that has these "hot" f-bodies.

The reason he's willing to take such a hit on selling it is b/c of car payments and b/c his insurance is $6000 a year. He sees that it makes much more sense to buy a brand new $19,000 gt and put several grand into it to make it very fast than to keep a vehicle thats already depreciated vastly and pay $6000 grand a year insurance as opposed to $2500 at most on a gt.

And yes he is an idiot. Are you satisfied now?

But hey what do i know...i'm full of sh*t anyway right...

You make yourself look like an ***.

PEACE
Old 07-08-2004, 10:10 PM
SCARFACE
3rd Gear Member

Can't we all just get along ?!
Old 07-08-2004, 11:39 PM
NicksMeanGT
2nd Gear Member

scarface, i know what you're saying but when i get accused of lying and being full of it, i have to stand up for myself like anyone else would do in that situation.

And i'm sure all of us can get along if people didn't have such huge egos for their cars or if they knew how to read and understand posts prior to posting.

I know that my gt cannot beat all ls1s, and if i never beat one ever again i am content b/c if i bought a car just to be beating ls1s, i'm pretty stupid. I just wanted to post what happened that nite and find out what might be the cause/problem of the incident. thats all...plain and simple. i didn't ask to be bashed nor did i bash anyone else first or anyone's car(s) for that matter.

Later

p.s.: none of this was directed towards you scarface
Old 07-09-2004, 12:49 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ok... we all see my mods and what I have done to my car and as we all know, my roommate has a 2002 WS6 and the only upgrade is the LS6 intake which was factory modded. We raced on a 4 lane highway at 0300 in the morning and we didnt stop till I hit 140mph and we were still side by side at the end. When he shifted he would pull a little and when I shifted I would pull right back, so we were door to door like all three times we went at it.

No need to say but he was really pissed to know that my "little" 4.6 hung with his 5.7 346ci "monster!" His car is stock at 325 HP.

[IMG]local://upfiles/6126/Db840222150.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-09-2004, 02:17 AM
NicksMeanGT
2nd Gear Member

jdaniel, i know exactly what you're saying.

when we went to go test drive my 99 gt before i bought it, my dad was not so happy. He's got a 69 camaro in our garage that he bought brand new when he was 16...pretty sweet huh? so needless to say, my dad's a chevy guy thru and thru, and me... well i'm the black sheep of our household lol. i had an 88 gt for a year, which to say the least was not very impressive(vert and auto) so my dad really didn't like stangs. Well that was up until.....

When my dad drove the 99 gt, he was like "if you don't buy this thing, i'm gonna!" He loved it to say the least and he was shocked at how much power such a small displacement could put out. He was used to the good old days of ss 396's and big block chevys. Its is really amazing how good a 4.6 can run w/ some of the big dogs. I'm proud to have my pony...which can give my dad's camaro a run for its money(dad's not too happy about that, lol)

Later
Old 07-09-2004, 03:40 AM
IntruderLS1
2nd Gear Member

ROTFLMAO!! Look man, don't get too up in arms. You told us what happend, and nobody said you were full of crap, we were only saying that something wasn't right there. Then you spent the next little while getting upset and saying how it was all on the level, and it was as it should have been (that's when I called you out). If your friend really payed 40k for that car (last week) than you need to sit him down as a friend and talk some sence into him about selling it for 20 something. That's just lunacy. Because that 17K is going to go right on top of his next purchase making it so he's paying twice what his new car is worth too. Hell, if he's really going to sell it for 20, and it's as new as you say it is, tell him to look no further for a buyer, because I'm right here. A word of advice to you.... It's not worth your health (ie: blood pressure) to get up in arms w/ forum discussions. You take things this seriously your whole life, and you can look forward to a big fat heart attack at age 30. GL to you and your friend. .... ( I won't retract my previouse statements, but I won't build on them either.) lol
Old 07-09-2004, 05:36 AM
katamaster

I don’t know what to say, but the chances of this happening are basically from extremely slim to none even with an average driver. But I’m no one to call it BS, you never know it could have happened. IMO newer camaros are one of the ugliest sports cars out there from every angle but you can’t argue with the engine, it’s a beast.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:53 PM
IntruderLS1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: katamaster
IMO newer camaros are one of the ugliest sports cars out there from every angle but you can’t argue with the engine, it’s a beast.
LOL yeah, a lot of people think the same way you do. Honestly, I think the TransAm's are much better looking cars too, but I've been a Camaro guy for so long, that it's an emotional thing at this point. lol. Emotional's probably the wrong word, but you know what I mean. Like I think the new (retro) stangs are ugly too, but I'm sure you guys will see it for more.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:55 PM
NicksMeanGT
2nd Gear Member

dude ls1, for your own health and little bit of integrity that you still might have, please quit posting on this thread. You make yourself look bad, seriously.

If you think I was up in arms about this thread, then you haven’t seen nothing yet.

And no one ever said i was full of crap??....ok anyone on this thread can see that you are fooling yourself once again....observe...

do you really think it's going to be easy for us to accept that some hidden dealership somewhere has 5 2002 brand spanking new F-bodies that have not been sold??
wait it gets better...

Okay mate, now I'm going to hoist the BS flag on you.
and finally

This whole story is BS, and aimed at getting a rise out of people, I'd put money on it.
these were all from our good buddy ls1…now if these don’t saying I’m full of it then I don’t know what does.

Let's say you were not only a factory freak, but a factory SUPER FREAK, and put down 300rwhp (never in a million years, but for arguments sake) you STILL would not defeat that car!
and about this statement…well you just read jdaniel’s testament to hanging w/ a ws6 ls1…and I believe he posted a while ago that he does not even have 300rwhp at the time of his dyno and he has said he’s beaten his buddies ls1 before also. So if he doesn’t have 300rwhp, then why wouldn’t someone’s 300rwhp gt beat an ls1??? I’m for sure not saying my car has 300rwhp, b/c it’s obvious it doesn’t but your statements are just coming from the mouth of a biased f-body fan.

Bro, don’t come onto threads and post unless you have some REAL ammo.

I’m done now.

Quick Reply: Mission Possible??