4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mission Possible??

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 01:56 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: Mission Possible??

Nick, Intruder is saying nothing to make him look like an idiot.

Take 2 cars with a 20-30hp difference and it'll be a drivers race.....
Old 07-10-2004, 03:00 AM
NicksMeanGT
2nd Gear Member

man!! you guys just don't get it! lol, its really entertaining to read whats been posted.

dan, if you read my posts replying to what ls1 said, you can hopefully see why he made many mistakes in what he said while he was attempting to "call me out"/roast me and thats why it's hilarious.

if someone's gonna try and be cool and prove me wrong, they should at least have full knowledge of previous posts/correct info in their replies.

If he or anyone else can't take back what they've been dishing out, then they shouldn't be on a discussion forum trying to prove people wrong.

I can take the heat and answer questions but i guess some people can't.

Its been a pleasure...and i've learned alot about people thru this thread.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:27 AM
katamaster

Ls1 on the dyno has a way more HP difference than just 20-30. If I’m not mistakes (correct me if I’m wrong) they are putting down 305+ rwhp on the dyno compared to a 220-240 on the GT. Stock Vs Stock it takes a very good driver and a lot luck to even keep up with them. I see Nick has a few mods which is going to make it easier for him but damn, still impressive. I’m not calling nick a liar but I would say that the other kid driving the Camaro is a sorry driver.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:59 PM
beezy
2nd Gear Member

I have raced 2 99+ Z28s once when I was completely stock and once with xpipe, catback, and short throw. Both times I took the Z28 off the line but that didn't last long at all, basically side by side for 1st and 2nd gear and once in 3rd they just pulled on me really hard and put a few car lengths on me.

The Camaro may be ugly but they are strong.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: katamaster

Ls1 on the dyno has a way more HP difference than just 20-30. If I’m not mistakes (correct me if I’m wrong) they are putting down 305+ rwhp on the dyno compared to a 220-240 on the GT. Stock Vs Stock it takes a very good driver and a lot luck to even keep up with them. I see Nick has a few mods which is going to make it easier for him but damn, still impressive. I’m not calling nick a liar but I would say that the other kid driving the Camaro is a sorry driver.
I never said there was a 20-30hp difference in a stock GT & stock LS1. I should of been more descriptive. You can take 2 cars that have only a 20-30hp difference stock (this isn't the case though), put those cars on the streets and it'll be a pure drivers race.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:25 PM
SCARFACE
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SCARFACE

Can't we all just get along ?!
and I repeat! LOL it's fun to keep reading this thread
Old 07-10-2004, 05:47 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Ls1 on the dyno has a way more HP difference than just 20-30. If I’m not mistakes (correct me if I’m wrong) they are putting down 305+ rwhp on the dyno compared to a 220-240 on the GT. .

Not to be rude but I have to correct you. The 2002 LS1 put in the SS and WS6 are putting out 325 FWHP. That means after you subtract the drivetrain loss (15%) then you are looking at roughly 275 at the wheels on a STOCK LS1 in one of these two cars. My GT isnt stock and Im pulling the same numbers as these two rides are. I just dyno'd mine a month or two ago and im pulling 276 at the wheels and 329 at the flywheel.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:53 PM
katamaster

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

Ls1 on the dyno has a way more HP difference than just 20-30. If I’m not mistakes (correct me if I’m wrong) they are putting down 305+ rwhp on the dyno compared to a 220-240 on the GT. .

Not to be rude but I have to correct you. The 2002 LS1 put in the SS and WS6 are putting out 325 FWHP. That means after you subtract the drivetrain loss (15%) then you are looking at roughly 275 at the wheels on a STOCK LS1 in one of these two cars. My GT isnt stock and Im pulling the same numbers as these two rides are. I just dyno'd mine a month or two ago and im pulling 276 at the wheels and 329 at the flywheel.
I thought they where underrated
Old 07-10-2004, 10:46 PM
IntruderLS1
2nd Gear Member

No worries about being rude mate (LOL especially in this thread it seems). It's a common mis-understanding, and one that I carried myself for probably the first 18 months I had my car. But GM rated them as RWHP, and just didn't tell anybody. I've heard a lot of people guess as to why, but in the end, who really knows. But they're putting 300+ to the pavement. To the grinch, I'll say that you should go back and re-read what I've written so far. (LOL except for the BS part ) I was trying to be polite in my first thread, and offered your friend some simple things to check out on his car. Then when you told us he was selling it at such a huge loss, ... I dunno, I still can't see taking that big a hit on a new car. Does he know that the 17k is going to be built into his new loan?? The insurance thing is a different matter. He should still shop around before making his decision though. He's got a bum record, and that's not going to change w/ his car. As a side note, once I tried to sell my Camaro for insurance reasons. I was paying about 3k a year, a little more. So I priced out a new Kia Rio (LOL I know, I know...) and my insurance was only going to drop like $20 a month. Which now I'm glad, because I kept my car. And when I said you've found yourself a buyer for that SS, I wasn't kidding either. I'd GLADLY sell my Z for a SS w/ less than a 1000 miles on it. LOL And hey, when I stop by to pick it up, we'll hit the road, and re-post your thread. How's that sound?
Old 07-11-2004, 01:36 PM
NicksMeanGT
2nd Gear Member

ls1, yah i really am not sure about his insurance now....$6000 a year is just ludicrous and he said that he shopped around(I highly doubt). The only questionable thing is that he got in an accident earlier this year w/ a semi....(semi vs. toyota camry...guess who won lol?) They both tried to merge into the middle lane in a 3 lane interstate and they hit eachother but the semi never stopped. He claims that his insurance rate did NOT go up due to the fact that it was listed as a road hazard. But who knows.

Oh yah, and about him selling the car for such a big hit. Well i tried to tell him to at least try to sell it as a private seller before going to carmax. Traderonline.com is flooded w/2002 ss's asking $25-$30k w/o all of the options he has(mainly the $5000 slp package). But since he didn't listen to me in the first place when i tried to talk him outta buying the car...well then it seems he'll be on his own in this case too. But if he does decide to sell it privately, i'll let you know.

Quick Reply: Mission Possible??