4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

DROP IN FILTER OR FULL SYSTEM??

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 09:28 PM
JT76

Default RE: DROP IN FILTER OR FULL SYSTEM??

Just get the CAI anddont go half ***, its probably the same, but i hate ghetto rigging crap on my car, but thats just me
Old 03-26-2007, 09:30 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

The only real reason to buy a cai is for appearance. How is it ghetto rigging something? All you do is remove one flexible rubber boot? It looks just the same as stock.
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/0205mmff_boltons/index.html

Old 03-26-2007, 09:33 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

ORIGINAL: GThopeful

I dont care if it gave me any more power or not, I bought the JLT RAI. I just like the way it gives a cleaner appearance in the engine.
Is it a bitc* to install/clean?
Dude, easiest install ever. Its easy to take the heat sheild off and the filter to clean also. I'll upload some pics in a second and post them.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:59 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

Here are some pics of my RAI.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:03 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang430

I have an 02gt and i was just cleaning her up today and decided to do some stuff to it. first off, i bought some wheels and tires, then i did the gas pedal mod, then i had to buy a new alternator because the diodes were bad and kept draining the battery, and lastly im goin to get a new air filter. I was just wondering if its worth while to spend the $50 bucks on a K&N drop in -vs- the whole system for an extra $200? would i see about the same gains? any info would be appreciated.
i believe it's march that makes a ram air tube kit that goes to the front bumper it's about a 100 and adapts to factory boxes i think it includes filter
Old 03-26-2007, 10:06 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99gtstang

ORIGINAL: mustang430

I have an 02gt and i was just cleaning her up today and decided to do some stuff to it. first off, i bought some wheels and tires, then i did the gas pedal mod, then i had to buy a new alternator because the diodes were bad and kept draining the battery, and lastly im goin to get a new air filter. I was just wondering if its worth while to spend the $50 bucks on a K&N drop in -vs- the whole system for an extra $200? would i see about the same gains? any info would be appreciated.
i believe it's march that makes a ram air tube kit that goes to the front bumper it's about a 100 and adapts to factory boxes i think it includes filter
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

also if you want to get the K & N kit summit sells a summit brand which is what i bought and it's identical to the K & N they just pack it so it's about $30 cheaper same item # and everything

heres the K&N

heres the K&N SUMMIT PRICE
Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

With the march kit i believe you have to cut out some of the front bumper cover, just the little lip that goes around the bottom.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:27 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

i wouldnt want people to see a full CAI under my hood, theres not bragging rights, all they think when they see one is "this guy is an idiot that wastes his money" thats what i think when i see a full CAI under someones hood, or i think "okay this guy knows nothing about cars" then i move on
Old 03-26-2007, 11:27 PM
mustang430
3rd Gear Member

i think ill stick with the $50 dollar drop in and remove the silencer. thanks guys
Old 03-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

I have the March Ram Air with a Tunable Induction pipe. You will gain mileage and throttle response. Power? Most likely, but I don't go to the track and don't have a dyno, so the mileage increase and throttle response upgrade are all that I can attest.

The March system is a sealed ram air, which will perform better than unsealed. However, ram air also delivers a whole lotta dirt to your filter, so you'll want something that can take it. I run a 2-stage oil-based foam filter with an additional foam wrap around the outside. This has to be cleaned every 2500 miles along with the MAF.

Quick Reply: DROP IN FILTER OR FULL SYSTEM??