4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Lowering Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 12:54 PM
pnicholson
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Lowering Question

Strange that you would say that. The Sportlines ARE Eibach springs. I also have Eibach Pro-Kit's on 2 of my Mustangs (an '02 GT and an '03 Mach1) - and had them on my '99 Cobra - never had any problem with them. Ride quality was great. They also have a million-mile warranty.

Have the H&R springs on our '05 exhibition car - also a good choice.

Page
Old 12-13-2007, 12:56 PM
1fstblckgt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: I8URRICE

I would not reccomend Eibach..they sag and not a great ride..i would either go with coilovers or get a SportLine kit..pretty good ride or go with H&R...very satisfied with what they produce.

Did you smoke a crack rock before you got online?

Sportline is made by eibach..
To the OP do not take that advice, clearly he has no idea of what he is trying to say and none from exp.
Eibachs do not sag. They are a very well crafted product.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:35 PM
bigplu1

I use the car as a daily driver and I am just looking to drop it a bit but keep it performance with a decent ride quality.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:01 PM
1fstblckgt
I ♥ Acer

Well my car is a DD, I love the sportlines. If you have really bad roads where you live or a bad drive way that you have to get into then you will want the prokit or another brand spring that drops 1.5" I love the 2" drop though. If you want to actually tell that you have it lowered i would go with the sportlines. Shocks and struts can come later on. I am still riding on my stock ones for now. You will need to get an alignment about 3 weeks after the install. Give the springs time to settle in all the way. You may or may not need C/C plates. When you go to get your alignment, they will let you know.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:46 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

I would not recommend spending that much on an eibach coilover system. The only reason or way I would recommend eibach products if your looking for performance gains, is if they were cheaper. Unfortunately they are not, they are more prone to sagging than any other spring I have seen. H&R's have had an amazing track record so far, and as for a coilover kit, buy them from a company that actually track tests their products, Griggs and Maximum Motorsport coilovers are about the only ones I would trust as they thuroughly track their products.

Good luck with your decision, take what everyone says in here with a grain of salt.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:52 PM
wgdt21
5th Gear Member

I havn't had a problem with my sportlines yet!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:54 PM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bigplu1

I have an '04 GT and I would like to lower it about an inch to two inches. What all is needed to do this and a what kind of cost am I looking at? Thanks!
I have an 04 gt and used the steeda sport springs to lower it 1 to 1.25 inches. When I got my alignment, I was borderline good/bad because there wasnt enough adjustment with the stock plates. I would suggest getting the caster camber plates. I got the steeda 4 bolt cc plates and then got my car aligned again and its soo much better.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

What ever brand springs you like. If you want to go low you'll need CC plates. And don't forget your alignment when you're done.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:06 PM
darcnytemare
2nd Gear Member

I got the eibach prokit on my car. lowered it bout 1.5". still have a moderate amount of wheel gap but its delable considering the handling. eibach springs r stiff so the ride may be a little harsher(not really bad though) but they do let your car corner better. if you want a low stance got with the sportlines
Old 12-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: darcnytemare

I got the eibach prokit on my car. lowered it bout 1.5". still have a moderate amount of wheel gap but its delable considering the handling. eibach springs r stiff so the ride may be a little harsher(not really bad though) but they do let your car corner better. if you want a low stance got with the sportlines
eibach springs are actually a lot less stiff than most people think they are, the main reason why your car rides like *** is due to the fact that your stock shocks/struts arent able to dampen much with any type of shorter than stock spring. Eibachs arent all that great at cornering, but make you think that way as the stock springs were very forgiving and designed that way. H&R springs would have to be the ones I'd say handle the best out of all the diff mustangs I've sat in during our mustang club's autox day.

Quick Reply: Lowering Question