Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.
Sponsored by Cruizin Concepts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-08-2008, 11:49 AM   #1
Melectrok
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Melectrok Send a message via Yahoo to Melectrok
Default SpeedCal install issue with pics

Just completed my SpeedCal install, so I thought. It doesnt seem to be working right. Where can I find the settings to the upper dip switchs?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g/SpeedCal.jpg

I dont have the extended range unit. There is no E on any corner of the box. The instructions only tell you how to set the bottom dip switchs not the top. The top switchs are the only thing I can think of that might be my issue. The problem is I have to get this install completed by sunday night. Dallas mustang isnt open until monday so I cant call them.
What happens is when I go in gear the speedo will move up slowly until it gets to 10 MPH then it will just drop down to zero. No matter what gear I am in.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ent=Speedo.flv

The first two runs are in first gear, the third is in third gear.
As far as I can tell everything is hooked up right. I used a switch power source from the radio and had a voltmeter on during the test and it held 14 volts the whole time the car was running. (12 with engine off key on).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../Stang/VSS.jpg

I have the blue and green connected to the vss sensor. The sensor worked fine as I tested it just before starting the install.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...CalHarness.jpg

The grey wire goes to the (origonal vss) ground wire, the pinkish with org one. Same as it says in the instuctions and I have tested it with a voltmeter as well.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what else it might be if its not the top dip switchs? Im puzzled.

In case anyone wants to check my dip switch settings it is for 4:10 gears, 245 45/17 tires with the stock speedo gear.

Car is 1996 Cobra Coupe.

Thank you for your help.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Melectrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
Melectrok
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SpeedCal install issue with pics

what do i have to change to make these pictures work?
Old 06-08-2008, 12:19 PM   #3
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1994 Mustang GT

remove the [IMG] and [/IMG]and just post the direct link in the add image box i thought the speed cal was ment for 99-04 with the eletronic speedo you should need the little plastic gear swap to make it work

Latest slowness----1994 Mustang GT

Opinions are like as*holes, and there's alot of as*holes on this site.
jrherald420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:06 PM   #4
Melectrok
2nd Gear Member

Why cant I do any searchs for this? I search for SpeedCal and leave everything on generic and it says no records found when I have a post right here?
Old 06-08-2008, 01:08 PM   #5
jrherald420
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1994 Mustang GT

the search function hasnt worked since the site messed up and never really worked right before that.

Latest slowness----1994 Mustang GT

Opinions are like as*holes, and there's alot of as*holes on this site.
jrherald420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 96 GT Vert 600rw (Gone)

ORIGINAL: Melectrok

Just completed my SpeedCal install, so I thought. It doesnt seem to be working right. Where can I find the settings to the upper dip switchs?

Click the image to open in full size.

I dont have the extended range unit. There is no E on any corner of the box. The instructions only tell you how to set the bottom dip switchs not the top. The top switchs are the only thing I can think of that might be my issue. The problem is I have to get this install completed by sunday night. Dallas mustang isnt open until monday so I cant call them.
What happens is when I go in gear the speedo will move up slowly until it gets to 10 MPH then it will just drop down to zero. No matter what gear I am in.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ent=Speedo.flv

The first two runs are in first gear, the third is in third gear.
As far as I can tell everything is hooked up right. I used a switch power source from the radio and had a voltmeter on during the test and it held 14 volts the whole time the car was running. (12 with engine off key on).

I have the blue and green connected to the vss sensor. The sensor worked fine as I tested it just before starting the install.

The grey wire goes to the (origonal vss) ground wire, the pinkish with org one. Same as it says in the instuctions and I have tested it with a voltmeter as well.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what else it might be if its not the top dip switchs? Im puzzled.

In case anyone wants to check my dip switch settings it is for 4:10 gears, 245 45/17 tires with the stock speedo gear.

Car is 1996 Cobra Coupe.

Thank you for your help.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:36 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
cal199420045, dallas, dip, dipswitch, extended, install, issue, mustang, range, rnge, set, settings, speed, speedcal, speedextended, switch, unit