4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

X-Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:35 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ArchAngel416
slp x pipes have cats most other xpipes dont and i dont want it just so i can say full slp, just because everyone else freakin mixes and matchs and i cant be like everyone else. i gotta be different. so its watever, most other xpipes/h pipes are no cats and thats just crazy. no thanks

you're missing the point.

there are plenty of people rolling around with an x pipe and an LM1 catback. just because they are different brands doesn't mean anything because the sound and performance will still be the same. i don't understand what the big deal is. having a full slp exhaust isn't going to make you unique by any means. it's more about going for the sound that you like. if you want to spend more money to achieve the same sound, go for it.

exhaust is not like suspension. mixing and matching doesn't have negative side effects.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:00 PM
kast1376
3rd Gear Member

I have a Bassani catted X and SLP LM1. Sounds good! The Bassani doesn't hang much lower (it might be the same height) as the stocker as well.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:42 PM
ArchAngel416
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
you're missing the point.

there are plenty of people rolling around with an x pipe and an LM1 catback. just because they are different brands doesn't mean anything because the sound and performance will still be the same. i don't understand what the big deal is. having a full slp exhaust isn't going to make you unique by any means. it's more about going for the sound that you like. if you want to spend more money to achieve the same sound, go for it.

exhaust is not like suspension. mixing and matching doesn't have negative side effects.
I kno that mixing and matching doesnt affect it at all, i am aware of this. What i am saying is I dont want to be like everyone else out there, i dont want to be given a list of what everyone does to their car and say thats wat i want. then its not my car its someone elses. everyone in my town has freakin bbk its all i hear about its annoying. one other guy has a bassaini mid, i want the car to be mine not someone elses, thats why i dont want to Frankenstein it. guess some ppl dont fully understand that. u get a car u mod it to be Your Car not someone elses
Old 06-10-2009, 09:50 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

I kno that mixing and matching doesnt affect it at all, i am aware of this. What i am saying is I dont want to be like everyone else out there, i dont want to be given a list of what everyone does to their car and say thats wat i want. then its not my car its someone elses. everyone in my town has freakin bbk its all i hear about its annoying. one other guy has a bassaini mid, i want the car to be mine not someone elses, thats why i dont want to Frankenstein it. guess some ppl dont fully understand that. u get a car u mod it to be Your Car not someone elses
you're worrying about what others have and IMO that shouldn't matter. put on your car what you want, if others have it, so be it.

what you are saying makes some sense, but not enough to spend extra money for the same thing. we are talking about exhaust....thats one part of a car. put different stuff on the other components.

explain to me how having a single same part on the car makes it not yours? if that was the case none of the cars we have would be ours. there is a limited aftermarket and i can guarantee that someone in the world will have a certain part installed.

btw....are you trying to say that no one is running a full slp exhaust? that's stupid....and so is your logic IMO.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:54 PM
DreamerGT
5th Gear Member

well its your car you do and spent what you want on it.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Eduardo
3rd Gear Member

what are you going to do when someone else in your town installs full slp exhaust? you'll both have the same exact setup and thats not what you want. someone is bound to ask you what exhaust you have and they're going to like it and get it too, so really you're not going to be any different for long. and i have some of the same exact exhaust combo as many other mustang owners and last time i checked, its still my car, no one else has the keys except me. sorry dude i just cant justify spending that much money on a name, when that money can be going somewhere else.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:20 PM
ChalknCover
Sgt. Killjoy

Alright guys, it is his car and you all are getting OT, he asked where he could pick it up cheap, he didn't say what other brands are there, he didn't ask your opinion, and he didn't ask for ya'll to keep bashing his choice of pipe. So get back on topic or GTFO. It's this type of BS that drives new members away.

OP, go with AM, PM AMNick, ask for the code, he should hook you with it. I believe that is the cheapest out there, I shopped around for my catback and loved AM for it. Also, youtube the vids of full slp exhaust just to be sure that the LM1's are what you want. I love the LM1's by themselves, but with my new o/r H, I will be picking up the 2's here shortly.

Last edited by ChalknCover; 06-10-2009 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:47 AM
gunpig0313
3rd Gear Member

I have the SLP X-pipe on my car I love it. Te best thing about it is you can change from catted to no cats in 30 mins and back again. I use it because the gay state of CA. Take it to get smog tested through them on. Done with that take it off. I'm running them now cause I just put Spin Tech super pro street mufflers on and it was loud as hell.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:06 AM
black35th
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BlueBloodedPony
Alright guys, it is his car and you all are getting OT, he asked where he could pick it up cheap, he didn't say what other brands are there, he didn't ask your opinion, and he didn't ask for ya'll to keep bashing his choice of pipe. So get back on topic or GTFO. It's this type of BS that drives new members away.

OP, go with AM, PM AMNick, ask for the code, he should hook you with it. I believe that is the cheapest out there, I shopped around for my catback and loved AM for it. Also, youtube the vids of full slp exhaust just to be sure that the LM1's are what you want. I love the LM1's by themselves, but with my new o/r H, I will be picking up the 2's here shortly.
Who the **** died and made you a mod?

All that they are trying to do is help the guy not spend so much money on something that can be had for less. Sounds to me like the OP needs to get over his phobia of not wanting to be like everyone else and to be unique and blah blah blah. No matter what you do to these cars, you can bet that someone else within probably 20 miles of you has done the same thing.

If you want to be unique then find a Pinto and put a LS motor in it. I'll bet not too many people have done that....
Old 06-11-2009, 08:34 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

I had to lol at this thread...I have a full SLP exhaust, and I paid a mint for it compared to a summit exhaust, but its completely modular, completely stainless, and a very good quality setup.
OP- you can find SLP products cheaper on ebay, just gotta look. That's where I buy most of my stuff. The SLP X is nice because as stated previously it is modular, and you can swap from cats to not cats very quickly.

Quick Reply: X-Pipe