4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

How can I run my gt in 15 psi safely ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 08:33 PM
00_buck
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Black_GT_02
I disagree as well. My daily driver is my car.
If I want to be into the racing scene it must be on my DD...no way around it.

Until I get a decent job after I graduate from college it will continue to be
I don't know man I would agree when i was in your position as i was but now that i have three cars, it's a lot more practical to upgrade my car now. I mean it took a month to tear my engine and tranny down and rebuild them both, thank God i have two other cars to drive in the mean time; not to mention things that will go wrong after the install (THINGS WILL PROBABLY GO WRONG). It's not wise to put your DD through that stress and if you can't even afford a second car why clean yourself out upgrading a car? buy a cheap 2k dollar car and then work on the stang. It's like pouring your lifes savings into buying a house and when something goes wrong your too broke to do anything...
Old 12-29-2009, 09:59 PM
5sp04GT
2nd Gear Member

^^^ +1 i get a lot of piece of mind from havein a back up car. no need to rush around on a sunday night cuz your car is in pieces and you dont have a ride to work the next day.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:46 AM
Fobra
Banned

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
what car do you even have? never heard you mention it, much less seen a pic.

Who the F@*% are you?...

Well its a good thing I dont care what you think.

Last edited by Fobra; 12-30-2009 at 01:39 AM. Reason: hes a douche
Old 12-30-2009, 05:18 AM
silver-Mustang

I already have 2 cars . i found a good stroker in MMR for the kenne bell . but who have idea about MMR .
Old 12-30-2009, 07:20 AM
00_buck
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by silver-Mustang
I already have 2 cars . i found a good stroker in MMR for the kenne bell . but who have idea about MMR .
i guess you mean to buy the small block and not a stroker kit. I considered buying a stroker when i rebuilt my engine but backed out because after reading enough threads, the cons outweighted the pros. Everyones different but do know if this is your DD, a stroker kit will put much wear and tear on a motor. Buy a stroker if your car is dedicated to track driving. Go research pros and cons of a stroker. Apparently the stroke on these motors stock is almost the same stroke on a 383 chevy, so if you stroke it out to say a 5.1L your stressing that little *** block out. and remember just cuz you have a motor stroked out to a 5.0 doesn't mean it will perform like one. Just buy a 5.0 shortblock and bore it out, it will still use the same heads and all just let the manufacturer know what app your buying it for. Stroking is a waste of time and if your buying a kit, don't forget to add in machine costs for block honing and balancing the assembly (about an extra 500 bucks together). I bought my 4.6 forged assembly from stage3 and if you have a supercharger thats probably what you should get, not a stroker. Get 18.1 CC dished pistons, works very well with FI.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:34 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fobra
Who the F@*% are you?...

Well its a good thing I dont care what you think.
lol

thanks for the response i was expecting.

as i thought it must not even be worth mentioning. you talk big game but probably don't own $hit.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 00_buck
i guess you mean to buy the small block and not a stroker kit. I considered buying a stroker when i rebuilt my engine but backed out because after reading enough threads, the cons outweighted the pros. Everyones different but do know if this is your DD, a stroker kit will put much wear and tear on a motor. Buy a stroker if your car is dedicated to track driving. Go research pros and cons of a stroker. Apparently the stroke on these motors stock is almost the same stroke on a 383 chevy, so if you stroke it out to say a 5.1L your stressing that little *** block out. and remember just cuz you have a motor stroked out to a 5.0 doesn't mean it will perform like one. Just buy a 5.0 shortblock and bore it out, it will still use the same heads and all just let the manufacturer know what app your buying it for. Stroking is a waste of time and if your buying a kit, don't forget to add in machine costs for block honing and balancing the assembly (about an extra 500 bucks together). I bought my 4.6 forged assembly from stage3 and if you have a supercharger thats probably what you should get, not a stroker. Get 18.1 CC dished pistons, works very well with FI.
well just stroking might not gain huge peak hp on an n/a car, but it gains a fatter power band. i am planning on doing an aluminum stroker this next year. the stroker will keep the exhaust valves open longer and spool up the turbo quicker. this way I can run a bigger turbo without increased lag. that will flow alot more air to take advantage of the increased displacement
Old 12-30-2009, 07:04 PM
Black_GT_02
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frostbitten
well just stroking might not gain huge peak hp on an n/a car, but it gains a fatter power band. i am planning on doing an aluminum stroker this next year. the stroker will keep the exhaust valves open longer and spool up the turbo quicker. this way I can run a bigger turbo without increased lag. that will flow alot more air to take advantage of the increased displacement
Good post. That's a nice way to explain it. I was just having a conversation about it this way and wish I could have said it as simple as you put it
Old 12-30-2009, 07:42 PM
00_buck
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Frostbitten
I admit i don't know as much about a stroked engine but it seems buying a small block stroked is a little better than buying the kit. The small block i looked at on stage 3 had a much bigger bore than the stock 4.6 bore can handle, about a .1 increase. The stock block usually can't stand more than a .03 increase which would work out pretty well but the sticker on it was 3.5k; not worth the pennies imo. You can get big power gains with the stock block and stroke without spending a lot, a forged kit is like 1.7k and the stock stroke gets a higher rpm range than the strokers especially with upgraded heads and cams. I would think a turboed or SC'd car would like a wider rpm range and an N/A car would enjoy a stroker better but i could be wrong.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:08 PM
N&MRACING

Ive delt with kenne bell superchargers, and kenne bell will tell you what you can and cant do. When you call them they will ask you some questions about your engine, tire size, gears, and so on. Kenne bell deals with one on one cutomer relations. You can put a 2.1L w/9 pounds supercarger on a stock motor and be smoking most of the people that put thousands into theres. Most of your questions will be asked on there web site. kennebell.net Plus alot of people dont know that much about them because they dont sell there supercargers to any parts houses. Further more Kenne bell put on one of there superchargers on a stock 98 4.6 and ran it over 300 dyno runs. As long as you got a strong motor there wont be any problems.

Quick Reply: How can I run my gt in 15 psi safely ??