4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:29 PM
99 muscobra

Default NEED HELP!!

hey guys am a little new to the site but i need some help. I have a 99 cobra and im having some difficulties with it. About 4 mouths ago i was just driving it pretty casually, i was in 5th gear and downshifted to 4th and thats were everything went haywire the entire car shut down and was makin a huge banging sound which i thought was my clutch so me being afraid to start it back up to cause further problems i got a tow home and found out that it was low on oil thanks to my dumb a$$ mechanic. But anyway i let it sit for a few months b cuz of work and now the only way it will start is if i hold the throttle to the floor and it takes a while for it to get going but it wont stay idling by itself i have to be constantly on the gas for it to stay running ive tried several different things: put a new battery cuz the old 1 was dead, i dont have cats so there not clogged, puled the 02 sensors ,checked the pcm and cleaned it, new coil pacs and new plugs, drained the gas and everything out of the lines, checked the pcv valve, checked the relays for the fuel and for the pcm, oh and did an oil change.
I really need some help guys its driving me crazy any input would be great thanks
Old 02-27-2012, 09:35 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I would like to help, however I am old with marginal eyesight, and cannot read that glob of run on text. Perhaps you could split it up into paragraphs, and use upper and lower case as appropriate...
Old 02-28-2012, 01:02 AM
trexflyer
1st Gear Member

This sounds vaguely like the "I'm done with this car" thread already.