4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Having withdrawls

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 01:29 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default Having withdrawls

Well, it's been over 2 weeks without my Stang and I am having withdrawls. I am stuck driving the Mrs' SRT4. Now it's a very fun car to drive, but no V8 rumble.

I am still considering selling my Stang for something different, but am really getting curious how much more HP my tuner will be able to get out of my little 2V 4.6. I guess, if I can get the kind of numbers he is saying, I will keep the Stang and go really crazy with it. If I keep it, I am going to get a 3 1/2 cowl hood, a nitrous system, drag set up front end, set of Weld wheels with ET Streets for the weekends, racing seats, rear seat delete, etc. We will see what happens.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:52 AM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Having withdrawls

what exactly are ya doing to ur car code3?
Old 11-27-2005, 01:53 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: dlazrael

what exactly are ya doing to ur car code3?
Getting a retune on it.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:57 AM
Dalthius
2nd Gear Member

Naw fug that...I wanna know what you do for a living, lol. I know you used to be law enforcement...but what now? Must be something at least kinda sweet to be able to afford those kinda mods...
Old 11-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

There are people running 2v's in the 8's but a car with that power wont last long even with the best forged internals. I have a buddy that put together a 6.7 second Vette race car but he said after every 8th run they had to rebuild the motor. A 12 second car is not fast enough for you on the street? Or do you want a dedicated race car? Do you have forged internals in that thing? If you do I don't see it being very hard to be running 11's but with a 10 second car drivability on the street is an issue to me. I like my car to drive nice and have alot of performance but there is a fine line to where it feels uncomfortable to me.
The World's Fastest 2-Valve Modular
Old 11-27-2005, 01:33 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: Voodoo

There are people running 2v's in the 8's but a car with that power wont last long even with the best forged internals. I have a buddy that put together a 6.7 second Vette race car but he said after every 8th run they had to rebuild the motor. A 12 second car is not fast enough for you on the street? Or do you want a dedicated race car? Do you have forged internals in that thing? If you do I don't see it being very hard to be running 11's but with a 10 second car drivability on the street is an issue to me. I like my car to drive nice and have alot of performance but there is a fine line to where it feels uncomfortable to me.
The World's Fastest 2-Valve Modular
The people running 8's as well as the link you posted have big time power adders. I am low-mid 12's right now N/A. And "no", a 12 second car is far from being good enough for me on the street. The motor I have now was built to be a nitrous motor. It's just that the 2V is kind of depressing, because of the cost to pull moderate HP...especially N/A. I have had a 470RWHP S/C 2000 Mustang GT with a built motor, and while it was fun, I am kind of over the S/C bug right now...I mean anyone can slap a blower on and "POOF" you have 400 HP. So, if the Stang stays and the tuner gets the #'s he is shooting for, I will work on lightening her up a little and working on suspension and shooting for 11's N/A. If I succeed, I'll put some kind of kit (nitrous) on the motor for fun on the street.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:05 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

aww, two weeks code? lol

if you lived anywhere north of texas you'd know what its lke to put your car away for 5 months.....[&:]
Old 11-27-2005, 09:08 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

aww, two weeks code? lol

if you lived anywhere north of texas you'd know what its lke to put your car away for 5 months.....[&:]
Been there, done that....NO FUN. Had to have a winter beater car. It would never fail, some really HAWT girl would pull up next to me at a stop light, smile, take a look at my beater car and laugh. I just wanted to scream, "I HAVE A TOTALLY COOL CAR, but it's in storage".
Old 11-28-2005, 01:22 AM
sickspeedgt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

aww, two weeks code? lol

Been there, done that....NO FUN. Had to have a winter beater car. It would never fail, some really HAWT girl would pull up next to me at a stop light, smile, take a look at my beater car and laugh. I just wanted to scream, "I HAVE A TOTALLY COOL CAR, but it's in storage".
lol, those are the superficial girls, i don't want them............................ well then again, yes i do