Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT in the body shop - going thru withdrawls!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 01:12 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

Default GT in the body shop - going thru withdrawls!

Man do I have Mustang withdrawls bad!

My GT has been in the body shop for a week after being rear-ended by a 20yrd old that "didn't see me" at a red light....and I ended up with a Dodge Stratus from the rental company. Yuck! That Dodge is such a piece of crappola! I can't believe they ask $20K for that car. Man! I miss my plushy leather driver seat, my shaker, my shifter, my sonic blue, my exhaust sound, my get up and GO!....etc, and I even miss those huge sideview mirrors. Once you get used to those things everything else seems teeny tiny!

Geez this week has been excruciating!!! [:'(] I can't wait to pick up my car!!!!

Anyone else get saddled with something crappy while your Stang was in the hospital?
Old 03-27-2006, 01:22 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GT in the body shop - going thru withdrawls!

I was forunate enough to use my wifes 05 Mustang GT. She is driving the Expedition while mine is being repaired. I know what you mean, I miss mine. Hers is the delux with cloth seats which isn't bad but I got used to the leather in my premium. I have a CAI and tune on mine which you can feel a difference in power and that I really miss. Mine has been in the shop for almost 3 weeks now getting repaired from the hail damage. I told the body shop to take their time and they are. I want it to look perfect when I get it back. I know this body does excellent work and they are cutting me the family discount price. They said it should be done by April 4th when I get back from Phoenix.

Hang in there....I drove a Stratus before and they suck.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:23 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Not my mustang, but once I had to get my last car worked on because someone wasn't paying attention when I was in the center lane to turn left in my company parking lot, she came through the traffic from her apartment and hit the side of my car. Then she went to my insurance to say it was my fault. Not only did she hit me, but was uninsured. Dumbass.

Anyways, they put me in a Chevy Malibu. That thing was the most uncomfortable ride I have ever been in.

ANd sorry to hear about your GT. The last car I had, was in a second accident. Same situation as you. I was at a redlight, a 21 year old in an El Camino hit me so hard from behind I went to the other side of the intersection, and 3 car lengths past the intersection. The bumber was in the trunk, and the rest of the trunk was in my back seat. The SOB had the minimum insurance. Luckily I have the underinsured. I think that limit of 15000/30000/5000 should be raised by law. COme on $5000 for property? Can't even get a car for less than 10,000 anymore. Woops sorry anout the rant, it still pisses me off to think about it.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:57 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

I hear your pain Techman... I learned a lot about the benefits of carrying higher limit insurance and goodies like rental car reimbursement and medical on your policy. I also learned that if you have under $1000 of damage to your car and the impact DID injure you (for me its my neck) that the other driver's insurance will fight tooth and nail not to pay for your injury and lost pay.

I went to 3 lawyers and heard time and time again that had I had more damage to my car then they could fight for my time off work and my medical costs. But...since the 20yr old who hit me had just gotten his insurance through a high risk insurance carrier, I didn't take pictures of his front bumper falling off his truck, and he claims he only "tapped me" I'm screwed...unless I take the dork to small claims court (fat chance of getting money out of a guy like that).

So I am being "punished" so to speak, for having a car with a bumper that "took the hit" really well. The safer the cars get the harder it will be to prove that you are injured unless you have bruises and xrays with broken stuff. It REALLY makes me mad! [:@]

But then...I am very happy that the accident wasn't worse, that I'm OK, and the rest of my Pony is OK.

Word to the wise, take pictures with your camera phone of the other person's car, even if they are at fault. I sure wish I had done that.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:14 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

Yes the Insurance companies will screw you. They wanted to pay me 500 over medical. I was NO. They will try and low ball you every time. Luckily the kid who hit me took responsibility and said it was all his fault. I ended up settling what they offered later. It was the amount I would get at small claims., but before I accepted it, I talked to a couple lawyers and my mom works for the DA and spoke to laywers there. They all said the same. Not to get a lawyer because, yes they could of got more out of them, BUT then all that would go straight to them. And may end up with less in my pocket. I hated the fact that the insurance company was trying to make me feel like the bad guy. Unfortunatley, the Insurance companies make the laws in this country. [:@]
Old 03-27-2006, 03:33 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

Sorry about your troubles. Hope all turns out well.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:19 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: skillful

Sorry about your troubles. Hope all turns out well.
Ya..I don't know what is worse....the insurance company headache or having to drive this crappy Stratus!! LOL!

Techman - Sounds like you submitted your medical bill to the other insurance company. Did you have any time lost from work? I've got a medical bill and 9 days I want compensated from work. I'm wondering if submitting anything to them is worth the headache on my end.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:51 PM
techmanBDsStang
3rd Gear Member

I was off a few days, but I am salaried so still got paid, so no loss of pay. And yes I did submit the bills. I would if I were you. They were going to offer alot less because they tried to tell me I didn't go. So i got the bills and showed them the ambulance ride and ER bills.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:23 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

Hey Blue,

Got my GT out Friday 3/24. The Ford dealer did a fantastic job repairing the hail damage. What I didnt expect from them was that they detailed the car inside and out.

Man, I know what you mean about withdrawls. The Ford dealer gave me a Ford Focus to drive for the week that it was in there......Grief!

I was so happy about getting the car out, I bought the GT a new "La Bra" and a CD for myself "Rolling Stones Greatest Hits 1964 - 1971" we had a good time riding around Saturday.........put about a 100 miles on her.

I hope your cars ready by the time you get back from "out of town".

Send me an email when you want to have lunch. Hang in there man!

Later
Old 03-27-2006, 11:25 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

I guess I was more fortunate than you since I had another GT to fall back on. These cars are so much fun to drive. How about you, me and PW getting some lunch somewhere late next week like Thursday or Friday. That way I'll have my car back. How about it PW?

Quick Reply: GT in the body shop - going thru withdrawls!