4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Stock 2000 GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:04 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Stock 2000 GT

ORIGINAL: Baddog

See my sig. Although mine's a 5.0 the "wake up" factor is the same with a 4.6. Inexpensive and a good foundation to build on keeping in mind you're modular. Full bolt on's is a great starting point...
Not really, bolt ons dont really do sh*t for a mod motor, well the 2v anyways. The only bolt ons that are worth it really are LT's and maybe UDP's. And LT's are expensive and cost a pretty penny and UDP's are useless if you plan on S/C or turbo in the future. I think a full bolt on 2v with LT's makes like 260rwhp, which is only up like 35 from stock, so yeah, bolt ons suck.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:39 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Meh, you're probably right...I just know that my car was trasformed into something totally different for about $2500 in every facet of performance. Maybe I should research 2v's a little more before shooting my mouth off huh. I just figured if you're not messing with internals they may react similar to my 5.0. As much as I've feared badass sounding New Edges, I've only gone down to 2. One REALLY bad that was blown, and the other by a hoodwith tons of gear to my 3.55's. Now I know bolt on only mod motors are somewhat fair game. Thanks...
Old 03-20-2008, 05:41 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

I'd say a full bolt on New Edge with LT's, midpipe, catback, intake, t/b & plenum, UDP's, gears and a tune is good for 13.2-13.3 on some DR's with a good driver. Add some cams and aftermarket heads and a 12.7-12.8 is probably possible.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1BAD3V

I'd say a full bolt on New Edge with LT's, midpipe, catback, intake, t/b & plenum, UDP's, gears and a tune is good for 13.2-13.3 on some DR's with a good driver. Add some cams and aftermarket heads and a 12.7-12.8 is probably possible.
That's LS1 territory and I know on the way to Whistler, me and my girl, with a trunk full of luggage had it out with one. He was an SS (year not known but the rims were polished of the '02 variety). He coudn't have been more than 20 with a co-pilot and 2 in the backseat. We pulled onto the highway from the small town centre of Squamishand he was stuck behind a slower stream of traffic. I enticed him by rounding the corner in front of himholding the revs in 1st and then nailing it into wild roll on wheelspin for the 1-2 shift. I got his attention...He fought through traffic and finally caught up and went by me after I was happy doing the limit behind a law abiding row of traffic. The moment I saw an opening I dodged out behind him in 3rd at about 2500 and pushed to get closer. He noticed and droppeda gear at the exact same time I did (a plumeof smoke was evident). We were climbing a longhill and by the end of it he had me by at least 5 cars. I was so mad but not surprised. We were both weighted down but his torque pulled me more than I thought he would. The only thing I know he had for certain was exhaust, which I later found out was an O/R system. I found the samecar at the lake me and my girl stopped at for a beer and some badminton on the way home. I had to look underneath. If a bolt on 2V can run like that LS1 than I'm totally out of my league. I've beaten auto S197 GT's, M6 LT1's, but went down honorably to a full exhaust (and who knows what else) LS1. I just wish we could've gone from a dig to 90mph. I think he would've been surprised that I'd have stuck as close as I would have. Two weeks worth of his/hers luggage may have aided in my launch grip, but it surely didn't help on that long hill[:@]
Old 03-20-2008, 06:34 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Baddog

ORIGINAL: 1BAD3V

That's LS1 territory and I know on the way to Whistler, me and my girl, with a trunk full of luggage had it out with one. He was an SS (year not known but the rims were polished of the '02 variety). He coudn't have been more than 20yrs oldwith a co-pilot and 2 in the backseat. We pulled onto the highway from the small town centre of Squamishand he was stuck behind a slower stream of traffic. I enticed him by rounding the corner in front of himholding the revs in 1st and then nailing it into wild roll on wheelspin for the 1-2 shift. I got his attention...He fought through traffic and finally caught up and went by me after I was happy doing the limit behind a law abiding row of traffic. The moment I saw an opening I dodged out behind him in 3rd at about 2500 and pushed to get closer. He noticed and droppeda gear at the exact same time I did (a plumeof smoke was evident). We were climbing a longhill and by the end of it he had me by at least 5 cars. I was so mad but not surprised. We were both weighted down but his torque pulled me more than I thought he would. The only thing I know he had for certain was exhaust, which I later found out was an O/R system. I found the samecar at the lake me and my girl stopped at for a beer and some badminton on the way home. I had to look underneath. If a bolt on 2V can run like that LS1 than I'm totally out of my league. I've beaten auto S197 GT's, M6 LT1's, but went down honorably to a full exhaust (and who knows what else) LS1. I just wish we could've gone from a dig to 90mph. I think he would've been surprised that I'd have stuck as close as I would have. Two weeks worth of his/hers luggage in the trunkmay have aided in my launch grip, but it surely didn't help on that long hill[:@]
Old 03-20-2008, 06:44 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

With your mod list I'd say you have yourself amid to high13 second car. Auto S197's run high 13's, and LT1's run high 13's stock. An LS1 runs mid to low 13's stock as the norm and like I said, a full bolt on 2v with DR's and a tune can run in the low 13 range too.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:43 PM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

Gears and good tires. That's all you really need. If you are a manual, get a good short shifter as well. If auto, a tune would be a good idea. After the gears and tires, work on your exhaust. Off road mid pipes have good results, and sound great. Other than that, if you want to go fast, save for some sort of F/I.