4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New Edge build v.s. New edge driving.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 04:55 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

My ideal car would be a 700rwhp machine that can be de-tuned to 400rwhp (for when it rains ) because I'm 10000% positive that I can handle that much power in a car for when I'm driving to and from work and stuff. Power would be achieved via turbo or a Vortech&KB fusion, with a stock six cylinder engine. I'd use a T56 or something with 6 speeds for that really low rpm highway cruising but totally ****ing tarmac ripping acceleration. Stock brakes and suspension. Oh, and I'd use Sumitomo tires, because I'd kinda run out of money from everything else.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

lol
Old 01-12-2010, 04:59 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

i agree i see s197s and sn95s all the time but not so often i do see alot of new edges. there were a boat load of s197s and foxes at woodward, i thought it would have been more new edges since they are starting to be more affordable
Old 01-12-2010, 05:19 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Ideal for me is my buddy's car...which is for sale. Built bottom end, h/c/i, single turbo, built everything pretty much. Solid 600rwhp car that i can detune for everyday driving with a few simple adjustments of the boost controller. But thats just me.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:23 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

It's interesting to note the differences (of various types of Mustangs) within the state of Michigan itself. One thing i have noticed is that the whole Canton/Plymouth, and general surrounding areas have the highest concentration of stangs that i've ever seen. A lot of that may have to do with places like Roush, Livernois, MRT, etc...etc... all being in the general area. From like May thru November there's literally something going on every week (somtimes several times a week) that's Mustang related.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
^^^ Like I said they are out there but compared to s197's and foxes in the summer time I dont see as many new edges , Im gonna exclude 3.8s from this also as there are tons of them. Lol I no love loss for the sn95's , Im starting to see more of them on the road also today. There ungodly affordable and more kids / car enthusiast are starting to buy them. But post edit for you sir haha
What exactly does "ungodly affordable" mean? :| :|
Old 01-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stang9946
What exactly does "ungodly affordable" mean? :| :|
AYE chum I will mooshroom that phrase out for you aye K ?

I seen sn95's from 2k to 4k from 80k miles to 110k miles on them , Great condition and well maintained that eqauls """""" UNGODLY AFFORDABLE """"".
Old 01-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 99 GT vert
i agree i see s197s and sn95s all the time but not so often i do see alot of new edges. there were a boat load of s197s and foxes at woodward, i thought it would have been more new edges since they are starting to be more affordable
That what I thought , 4 or 5 years ago thats all I seen , Besides my self I only seen 3 new edges cruising the bricks here Flint.

Originally Posted by mrtstang
It's interesting to note the differences (of various types of Mustangs) within the state of Michigan itself. One thing i have noticed is that the whole Canton/Plymouth, and general surrounding areas have the highest concentration of stangs that i've ever seen. A lot of that may have to do with places like Roush, Livernois, MRT, etc...etc... all being in the general area. From like May thru November there's literally something going on every week (somtimes several times a week) that's Mustang related.

Dearborn FTW ! Yeah the Metro area is great for mustang events and other car events as well. I remeber the days were Gratiot was good fun.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:43 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

[QUOTE=Mr Graystang;6747275]That what I thought , 4 or 5 years ago thats all I seen , Besides my self I only seen 3 new edges cruising the bricks here Flint.

Dearborn FTW ! Yeah the Metro area is great for mustang events and other car events as well. I remeber the days were Gratiot was good fun.[/QUOTE

Yep, Gratiot and Telegraph used to be the s**t. Now it seems like Woodward is the only "really" happening spot on any given night.

I totally agree with you on the Back to the Bricks show in Flint. Less than a hand full of new edges, and not many stangs at all really. There was a ton of GM stuff though.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr Graystang
AYE chum I will mooshroom that phrase out for you aye K ?

I seen sn95's from 2k to 4k from 80k miles to 110k miles on them , Great condition and well maintained that eqauls """""" UNGODLY AFFORDABLE """"".
I've seen 99+ in good shape for $4k...

Quick Reply: New Edge build v.s. New edge driving.