4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New Edge build v.s. New edge driving.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Mr Graystang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stang9946
I've seen 99+ in good shape for $4k...
That Sir qualifies for the category """""" UNGODLY AFFORDABLE """"

This the kind of new edges I see in my area , I like different and all but wow. Garbage and Im sorry if this car belongs to any site user

Also what about people who like to just build cars to build them v.s. Driving them , I dont know If I could spend insane amount of money on a car build and not drive the ***** off of it.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I plan to heavy build my new edge, and I DD it in the spring/summer. There would be no way I would let the salt on the roads touch my car!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:29 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

I'm one of the few new edges this side of the state it seems like. There's a silver one with exhaust floating around, but it's just that - exhaust. There's a few sixers too but I'm not so sure we can count those?

And mine looks run of the mill, despite the brakes and funny whistle sound... But you gotta be in-the-know to understand what it is. I'm one of the "drive it" school, I bought the car with 7500 miles in early 05, and it now just rolled over 70k. I drive the thing nearly every day (barring snow) and I don't plan on stopping. I've spent more money on it than I care to count, and there isn't much to "show" for it, apart from the look of the brakes and how it's lowered... maybe small stuff like a chin spoiler, grille delete, HIDs, sequential tail lights, and my tail light outlines.

I drive something unique, especially for the area, and nobody knows it
Old 01-12-2010, 06:29 PM
naza
2nd Gear Member

my goal is about 500-50rwhp so i can enjoy it! i do plan on keeping it, i've had it since high school =).... i dont have enough money to be building a bunch of cars haha

i agree i see alot of new edge around here...

edit: off topic, shadowdrake, hey man are those headrest the stock ones?

Last edited by naza; 01-12-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by naza
my goal is about 500-50rwhp so i can enjoy it! i do plan on keeping it, i've had it since high school =).... i dont have enough money to be building a bunch of cars haha

i agree i see alot of new edge around here...

edit: off topic, shadowdrake, hey man are those headrest the stock ones?
500rwhp is not much lol you will get used to it real fast and want more!!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:39 PM
naza
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
500rwhp is not much lol you will get used to it real fast and want more!!
dont say that bro!!!!! =( hahaha
Old 01-12-2010, 06:40 PM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

my car is a project car...i never plan to sell it though, so im doing it how i want...i have so many plans for it that i cant afford right now...so once its running ill drive it until i have more money and then ill upgrade more and drive it more and upgrade more...i dont mind it being down a year or so building it, because i plan to keep it forever

my ideal build, would be an EFI low compression single turbo 600" stroker shoved into my car, with a built manual trans and a 9"

to me....i like the feeling of raw and unrefined power...ive ridden in a 1100rwhp z06, and it was fast as ****...but it was not very fun...its so refined...it rode like a cadillac at 150mph on a backroad...i wanna get in my mustang, fire it up, have the entire car shake from a massive cam lope that only a pushrod can give, exhaust roaring, tall/fat tires on the back, skinnies up front, the works....i like the old school stuff, i just prefer the 99-04 chassis...hence my carb'd big block and c6 3-speed auto, and prostars..
Old 01-12-2010, 07:20 PM
02TrueBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

I don't think I will ever sell my mustang. Got it when I graduated college and I don't want to let go of it. I have to much fun with it. There are not a lot of New Edge's around my area at all, but there are a lot of sixers.

My ideal set up for my edge would be to work on suspension for dragstrip with gears and torque converter and see how far I can get with those few things.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:27 PM
livefast1
5th Gear Member

my car spends more time being pushed in and out of my shop than i do driving it. but i would be willing to bet there will be 0 mustangs EXACTLY like mine when i'm done. believe it or not not many people can say that.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:59 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by livefast1
my car spends more time being pushed in and out of my shop than i do driving it. but i would be willing to bet there will be 0 mustangs EXACTLY like mine when i'm done. believe it or not not many people can say that.
haha because it will no longer be a mustang, just a shell of a pony that was sent to heaven and returned to earth as a stallion with a desire to eat souls haha 6.0L jesus... what are you trying to make power wise? How much does it weigh?

Quick Reply: New Edge build v.s. New edge driving.