Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 11-02-2010, 08:29 PM   #21
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 GT Auto

How the hell would multiple intercooler fins come off? I'm going with piston ring or supercharger internals.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Tokico D-Specs
| MM FLSCFs | J&M S/S LCAs | UPR S/S UCAs
Nitto NT05 315/35/17
| FR 3.73s

Totalled 1/25/2013
| Rebuild/Full Paint Completed 6/15/2013
Mustang's 50th Anniversary Charlotte, NC 4/16/2014-4/20/2014
Hangwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #22
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1998 Ford Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to a_penquin Send a message via MSN to a_penquin Send a message via Yahoo to a_penquin Send a message via Skype™ to a_penquin

Im going with supercharger bearing/shim, or remains of an alien craft......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutterWolf View Post
Getting Lambo doors on a Mustang is like coming out of the closet, sure you mite suprise a few people but at the end of the day your still gay......
If your sick of "whats my HP" threads, tell them to shut the **** up or feed ridiculous numbers.
a_penquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:51 PM   #23
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangwire View Post
How the hell would multiple intercooler fins come off? I'm going with piston ring or supercharger internals.
Who ever said anything about intercooler fins? I'm just saying that It had to have come from that direction is all...now a piston ring...........????....I just can't see a piston ring ending up in the INTAKE manifold...that would be something that you would see in the muffler or something because it would continue to go downstream of the piston not go up stream through a head then to the intake...its implausible! I tend to agree with a_pequin only that the procharger is still tight, has no binding and spins with no noise. I'm going to take it apart and rebuild it but still...it is perplexing....

Edit: It might just be an alien craft...I did hear a weird squeak the other day and come to think of it it sounded kinda like "OOOWWW!!!" lol

Last edited by sailorflavor; 11-02-2010 at 09:06 PM.
sailorflavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #24
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Bullitt Mustang

No way piston rings.
It has to be from the upstream side. Is it possibly some internal structure from an air filter (like a rib)? It may have been there for quite a while. I hope you find the source.
TRUEBLUE3934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #25
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEBLUE3934 View Post
No way piston rings.
It has to be from the upstream side. Is it possibly some internal structure from an air filter (like a rib)? It may have been there for quite a while. I hope you find the source.
Yea we think alike...but I don't care if I find the source because I'm getting a new motor anyway. ;P But I would like to answer the questions. Maybe tomorrow I will have an answer for y'all if it stops raining!

Old 11-02-2010, 09:08 PM   #26
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to a_penquin Send a message via MSN to a_penquin Send a message via Yahoo to a_penquin Send a message via Skype™ to a_penquin

I just realized who you were, why didnt you have me come over and help? We could be puzzled together!! lol

Quote:
Getting Lambo doors on a Mustang is like coming out of the closet, sure you mite suprise a few people but at the end of the day your still gay......
If your sick of "whats my HP" threads, tell them to shut the **** up or feed ridiculous numbers.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:11 PM   #27
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_penquin View Post
I just realized who you were, why didnt you have me come over and help? We could be puzzled together!! lol
Haha I did it in the middle of the work day bro...I'm an A-Ganger in off crew..I did the stuff for my shipmates memorial service on friday and bugged out...speaking of which I might be coming into a very clean old school cobra...I'll get more details to you later.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #28
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

alright man, this is puzzling me now, but if you got some spare parts I may take them off your hands

Quote:
Old 11-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #29
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

Thats cool with me pequin I might sell you my pi heads and intake for cheap (say 200 total) if I decide to get some new heads.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #30
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

sweet, hit me up if you need a hand. I know I have a bit of work coming up and could use a second hand with.

Quote:
Old 11-02-2010, 09:28 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2003, focus, intake, manifold, noise