4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Lets Play: What came out of my intake manifold!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 05:15 PM
a_penquin
4th Gear Member

sent ya a text
Old 11-03-2010, 05:21 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

didnt say it had to be you. are you the one and only owner? have you done 100% of all maintenance to your car?

hell it could have even happened at the ford factory during assembly.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:25 PM
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

yes only owner and yes i did all work and ford never touched my vehicle f those guys...and it is a brand new mani with the aluminum crossover pipe.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:46 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Is it from the throttle body blade? Idk
Old 11-04-2010, 12:37 AM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

trigger the final jeopardy music lol
Old 11-04-2010, 05:44 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I would highly recommend not taking apart you're supercharger. The reason vortech/procharger/etc do not sell rebuild kits directly is because the amount of precision/tools/and measuring equipment needed to properly set up the blower is tremendous and the smallest degree off could cause u a destroyed S/C or even worse. There use to be some joe smoe company that selled generic rebuil kits for these kinds of blower but in no way would I wanna trust that. Back to the metal in the intake, do you have an jerk offs that don't like u that could of actually put that into you're intake tube?
Old 11-04-2010, 06:36 AM
sailorflavor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
I would highly recommend not taking apart you're supercharger. The reason vortech/procharger/etc do not sell rebuild kits directly is because the amount of precision/tools/and measuring equipment needed to properly set up the blower is tremendous and the smallest degree off could cause u a destroyed S/C or even worse. There use to be some joe smoe company that selled generic rebuil kits for these kinds of blower but in no way would I wanna trust that. Back to the metal in the intake, do you have an jerk offs that don't like u that could of actually put that into you're intake tube?
Dude, I'm in the Navy. Any number of non-qualified guys that I beat for not having their submarine warfare pin would do something like this...the only question is when would they have had the access to it? lol. And I understand about the rebuild of the S/C. I have read over and over again about rebuilding it. Now I would love to have it sent in for the D1 internals but so not have that money right now because it is a $900 job. But I have all the precision tools for the rebuild. Outside and inside MIC, torque wrenches both in/lbs. and ft/lbs. feeler gauges...pretty much anything precision I need I have at my disposal. I'm a machinist after all lol. But thank you for the warning I appreciate it.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:55 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Damn this has really got me stumped...i dont' think anyone messed with it...thatd be like my LAST assumption.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:12 AM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

I sure you can rebuild your supercharger yourself. I've heard of people doing it themselves and it's so damn cheap bc of that. Do it

Take a magnet to that metal. Is it aluminum or metal?
Old 11-04-2010, 10:49 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

My grandfather, also an ME like my father, always told us that when something broke you had two choices--pay someone that knows what they are doing to fix it, or learn to fix it yourself.

If you do not wish to pay someone, or do not have the funds to do so, then taking the broken thing apart and attempting to fix it will make your situation no worse, and may mean that you succeed or at the worst learn something to be better prepared for the next time.

I have never opened up a belt-driven blower, though I have rebuilt Eaton and Judson units. I have seen cutaways and parts diagrams for them and have not observed any level of complexity or fit that falls into the realm of ultra (or even high) precision by any measure.

I suspect that a competent Navy machinist will be quite capable of the task, and likely able to remake any of the machined components as well.

Quick Reply: Lets Play: What came out of my intake manifold!