4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Longtubes on a 2v....(few quick ?'s)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 06:28 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Uber is coming to my buddy Robs house in Stamford, CT to use his lift that he has at his house. I'm paying him to save me the headache, and going to show him how we party in CT that Saturday night. You should roll down with him.

Little does Uber know, that I'm hiding an ice in the stock manifolds for him.

Melfi you can come too man, where in Jersey are you from? If you are in North Jersey, we will probably only be 25-30 minutes away....
Old 02-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
where u installing these bad boys rob? if you're coming to pa, im coming to watch the fun begin. i remember when i was putting my lts on at my dads house, my mom walked into the garage right after my egr tube snapped off the header, needless to say she heard just about every word in the book. i haven't lived at home for like 4 years and she still gave me the look like "your ****in grounded mister"...yeah lts are ****in fun man.
Yeah I remember those good ole days.
Working on cars in the yard at my parents house.
Boy some nasty words would come out my mouth.when you bust a knuckle open and its bleeding all over the house,then they see why

hey Purple GOOD LUCK with the install.Be talking to you soon.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Hey thanks Repzard!!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:54 PM
00gtbk
1st Gear Member

Good luck with it. you will have to post a video of it once you get it installed
Old 02-22-2011, 07:06 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Ohhh I will for sure....I'll be running MAc longtubes, VRS o/r X and Bassani Catback. Will sound very similar, if not, the EXACT SAME as this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqv9hqHKmII
Old 02-22-2011, 07:44 PM
momogt

are longtubes reallly worth the money other then sound do you notice any performance changes in a auto or 5 speed i would thank anything thats better then stock should have some performance gains over stock that you would notice
Old 02-22-2011, 08:08 PM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

I didnt have any issues when I installed my MACs. I dropped the K member, and then lowered the engine down as much as I could so the header bolts were in the wheel well. I replaced the gaskets with new Ford ones, and I also bought Stage 8 locking header bolts. Other than that, it was pretty straight forward, and I had no issues with the stock dipstick either...
Old 02-22-2011, 08:12 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

03 grey gt you lowered the motor? Ive heard alot of people raise it as high as they can, do you think lowering it is easier?
Old 02-22-2011, 08:27 PM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
03 grey gt you lowered the motor? Ive heard alot of people raise it as high as they can, do you think lowering it is easier?
For me, lowering it was way easier. With the whole K member and suspension being out of the way, you can actually sit upright in the wheel well and work on it. So lowering the engine put the head ports right in the wheel well and all the bolts were right at eye level...
Old 02-22-2011, 08:44 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Ohhh I will for sure....I'll be running MAc longtubes, VRS o/r X and Bassani Catback. Will sound very similar, if not, the EXACT SAME as this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqv9hqHKmII
It does sound sweet. What do you have right now for exhaust?

Quick Reply: Longtubes on a 2v....(few quick ?'s)