4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Who do you let drive your car??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

I have a couple of good friends who have owned/driven performance cars over the years, including Corvettes, Mustangs, and Porsches. They're about the only ones I've ever let drive mine. I've gotten to drive theirs too, so that's a good deal. Though I have also let my nephew drive it, with me in it with him to make sure he doesn't get crazy. Gotta maintain my status as his favorite uncle somehow...
Old 03-04-2012, 11:43 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

me, my dad, my brother, my cousin, and 2 guys from work are the only ones that have drove my car. My cousin has a procharged gt so he knows how to some what control the power, one of the guys from work only drove it because i need it to get to the drag strip and didnt want to load it back on the trailer for a 5 mile drive, the other is building an 800 hp acura rsx and he put my wheels and tires on for me one day while i was working so i let him take it around the block.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:05 AM
Bpohlman13
3rd Gear Member

Ive let my dad drive it to work a few times when his vette was in the shop. Ive only let a few friends drive it in a parking lot, and that was because we were at a car meet and wanted to move it closer to where we were chillin, and I was too lazy to move it. I let my mom drive it a few times before I modified it. Now she wont drive it because its to low and is scared of scraping o speed bumps. Other then that, nobody.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:08 AM
JC316
4th Gear Member

I used to let my whole family drive my car. My sister has a very bad habit of leaving my car on empty, so she doesn't get to drive it, plus she has a real problem driving a performance stick shift. My mom never drives my car simply because she doesn't like it. My dad has a hard time getting in and out of my car, but he doesn't get to drive it since he backed over a door with my Cadiilac two years ago.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:00 AM
Jazzer The Cat
Retired Moderator

Originally Posted by scooter3
"... My wife hates the car and won't even ride in it, which is fine with me.. "
If this is legit, I think it sad

I don't let but a very few drive my car, but not soo much for the reasons people may think (John Griggs is really about it... lol). Sure, my car is VERY low and the first reason, but the main one is how it actually drives. My car is increadibly responsive to steering input and not like driving anything I have ever driven prior. Hard to describe, but if most of you drove my car for 5 minutes and took corners, would likely turn too sharp and go up onto the curb on the INSIDE of the corner. If not, you might get seen by a cop and get pulled over for suspicion of drunk driving

Jazzer
Old 03-05-2012, 10:09 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

My mom n step dad ave from time to tie, only when thief car is in the shop. I tried teaching the lady, she didn't do too bad but she hasn't tried in years. I let my best friend drive once but that was because he was sober and I wasn't lol
Old 03-05-2012, 10:29 AM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

so far the only people i have let drive my car is whitefox, purp, and dimebag.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Built 06 GT = Me only
04 DD Stang = eh, who ever wants to really and long as I don't need it at that moment. Not really worried about them killing somebody with whopping 200 horses. lol
Old 03-05-2012, 10:55 AM
02TrueBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

I'm pretty much the only one. I've let others in the past when it was slow. Who am I kidding it still is. The girlfriend doesn't even want to try around the block because she knows how much I love it and doesn't want anything bad to happen. It's auto too.

She now wants her own mustang, so probably a 2005+ year.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Shredder505
2nd Gear Member

I'll let my brother drive it a little when he comes home from school, but only if I'm in the car, The only people I would let drive my car without my in it are my dad cause he hasn't had an accident in his 30+ years of driving and my grandfather cause he owns a 04 gt vert so I know he knows how these cars handle when you push them.

Quick Reply: Who do you let drive your car??