4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

My Intercooler Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 05:25 PM
ddmsgtr1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3

IMHO blow thru is the better way to go thats just me tho
I'd be willing to bet if you look up alot of the higher hp blower and urbo cars, you'll find alot more blow thru then draw thru setups.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:08 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by bopiela
^WBGH thats what ive been thinking.... I don't get why he's so concerned. It's starting to concern me. With all the people on this forum, if I did something wrong - I'd hear about it instantly. And I think my pictures give a good enough idea of my work.......
If it was my car I wouldn't ever take it somewhere that the tuner didn't feel comfortable with everything that was done to the car.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:40 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Well yah, I'm looking now. I don't get it.... Ugh,...
Old 03-12-2012, 08:33 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
If it was my car I wouldn't ever take it somewhere that the tuner didn't feel comfortable with everything that was done to the car.
+1, if he isn't comfortable there's no way I would take it to him. I spent weeks of phone calls and research to find my tuner and I am very comfortable with him now, he has my business for life. I would call tuners within like a 2 hour drive of where you live and just ask them as many questions as you can and see how quick they can answer and how well they can answer you. That will tell you a lot about your car. I drive 2 n a half hours one way to get to my tuner but it is worth it

And yeah im love my blow thru setup, I never plan to switch to draw thru
Old 03-12-2012, 08:34 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Can't edit on phone, but meant that will tell u alot about your tuner not your car
Old 03-12-2012, 09:38 AM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Dude you need to find a new tuner. Blow thru set ups are much easier to tune the draw thru. You get a much better reading with the air closer to the T/B. If you have done everything right and from reading all these posts it seems you have then you should be good to go. Check around for another tuner. There has got to be more then one in your area.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:46 AM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

UPDATE:

I am currently searching for a new tuner..... Hope to find someone today or tomorrow, but will take my time if need be.....
Old 03-12-2012, 10:00 AM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Anyone dealt with/heard about Walsh Motorsports in Wixom, MI?? Was recommended to them. Tuner out of town til wednesday, supposed to call me back.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:20 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bopiela
Anyone dealt with/heard about Walsh Motorsports in Wixom, MI?? Was recommended to them. Tuner out of town til wednesday, supposed to call me back.
Im not from that area, may have better luck getting a answer in the regional section?

Just ask him as many questions u can think of. Like if he is good with blow thru setups, how many he has done, which setup does he like better(blow thru vs draw thru) and why he likes what one he likes and go from there
Old 03-12-2012, 11:04 AM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
Im not from that area, may have better luck getting a answer in the regional section?

Just ask him as many questions u can think of. Like if he is good with blow thru setups, how many he has done, which setup does he like better(blow thru vs draw thru) and why he likes what one he likes and go from there
No one responds there.... haha. At least not many or very often!

Quick Reply: My Intercooler Build Thread