Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Before you buy from modular head shop you might want to read this

Closed Thread
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-19-2012, 03:01 PM   #41
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member
 
oxfordgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: ky
Posts: 6,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinschmidt1 View Post
**** happens....It sucks for the OP but at the same time, look at it frm nicks position.

He wasnt responsible for packaging the heads that got destroyed.
The heads were already garbage when he sent them out. Nick told the engine builder he has a pile of cam caps that he could replace it with. No money out of Nicks pocket yet he is trying to screw over the OP. Plus he basically stole the OPs original heads and never showed proof they were bad. Who knows where those heads are now, probably sold to another customer. I could deal with poor customer service, long waits but when I hear of someone getting scammed by a company I would never give them a penny of my money for anything.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
oxfordgt is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 04:30 PM   #42
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member
 
Soldier GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Vehicle: 2003 Ford Mustang GT
Location: MO/ Born and raised in Louisiana
Posts: 10,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
I actually found it quite humorous..... A LOT of people have no idea the challenges a small business faces on the day to day. Everyone wants to use you but you don't have the resources to keep up. So you either take in more work than you can handle or turn them away. If you turn them away, most people act like spoiled brats these days and they will go on the forums and crap all over you. If you take in to much work, you get behind and people will go on the forums and take a crap on you.

Between frivolous lawsuits, taxes and entitled people... it's amazing any small company can survive.

I hear you but if what the OP say's is true and if this were to happen to you, I don't think you would find it as humorous. If I pay my money I want what I paid for.. I almost made a road trip to VA last year because I thought I hadn't gotten dooped. Just me tho. Don't play with my money, my family and you want have no problems with Soldier!
__________________



Vortech V-1 T Trim SC (intercooled)
HP 292 cams
Teksid Forged Short Block 433 RWHP/390 RWTQ 3.33 pulley

New Project: MMR 900 Shortblock/ MHS Stage 1 heads/ CMS Stage 2 Blower Cams

Last edited by Soldier GT; 04-19-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Soldier GT is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #43
Shampue
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT convertible
Location: Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Posts: 705
austin.schroeger aschroeger shampue
Default

I didnt go back to the linked thread in the OP but did the shop owner respond?
__________________
Austin S.
2007 Roushcharged GT Convertible

Shampue is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 04:38 PM   #44
BADASS03SVT
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschroeger View Post
I didnt go back to the linked thread in the OP but did the shop owner respond?
sorry I forgot to post here...he responded on YB and I responded back


Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmckinney View Post
There are 2 sides to a story and 3 issues to this one.

First the heads have increased oil clearance at the cam journals, rather than get long winded here are my findings on that:

http://www.modularheadshop.com/Artic...tem%20mods.htm

Second the valve job was out of round. The shop that did the seat work for me missed it and I missed it. Since my name are on the heads I took the responsibility 100% and offered a full 100% refund and sent out the UPS call tags to pick them up on my dime. I donít want heads with bad seats out in the field, it should have been caught on 2 different occasions before leaving and it wasnít. Thatís all on me (and boy it wonít happen again) Anyone who builds engines and/or heads and has never had a mistake probably ainít built enough of them yet. Its what you do to correct it that is the most important thing. I said I would take the heads back no problem, and I have brought the seat work in house now on a new style live/dead pilot system (I was the first customer for this new system) and it is being scrutinized to the finest detail and working sweet so far.

Third anytime you return an item you purchased anywhere its up to you to get it back safely. When they arrived back as scrap metal how can you say its my fault that the shop you left them with didnít package them properly? I supplied the proper packaging with them which you had in your possession. I canít be expected to be 1000 miles away to make sure it got put back in the boxes and not in your trash can. I spoke with your shop first as a professional courtesy as since you went hysterical and have internet roasted me twice already I would prefer not to drag them into it like this (BTW - first roast on me was something you did wrong remember, saying I didnít do something that after I checked all 100+ emails you sent I had answered that you had never asked for in the first place?)

I figured to give them a chance to see if they can make right on this issue. From my understanding they have offered you something on it? I donít know the details of what they offered, but I have talked with Mike many times. Neither of us are out to be screwing people over, this is the wrong business to be in for that, we see eye to eye on a lot of things actually. All 3 of us involved want this matter resolved. If the compromise is cool with me (and I donít know what it is yet) then I imagine you wonít be out on the heads. I want happy customers, but when unhappy and I ask for the product back it needs to come back in one piece and not two, and everyone else would expect the same I imagine.

BTW Ė here is a picture of what I got back that I know didnít arrive that way

Click the image to open in full size.

what have they offered me? Nothing that I know of. When I told Mike you were taking $1000 from me, the customer he said "wow that seems like a lot" He also said you had a pile of cam covers to replace that one with.

Also when were you going to tell me, the customer that you KNEW the valve job was bad and that you KNEW it was your fault? Again, not ONCE have you apologized to me and yet you come on here and say "I screwed up" and you leave me out of the loop for 12 days and then say hey Im taking $1000.

You DO know what the compromise is, your taking my money for something I didnt have a hand in and had no control over as i was 400 miles away. You had $1000 of insurance on each box. If it was one of my ported blowers to another customer, a new blower would be on the way to them without question and i would be stuck handling the claim. 3rd parties handle our customers stuff all the time and we take care of them, not bend them over. Thats why they choose us
__________________
Jake
Silver '03 Cobra Coupe
9.82 @ 135 - Eaton
9.46 @ 140 - n2o
BADASS03SVT is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #45
BADASS03SVT
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11
Default

so if you can see here...Nick took responsibility for the crap heads by saying he did not inspect them before they left the shop. Well all this tells me is I could possibly have a 5 digit paper weight right now. If my engine shop didnt break out the mic tool and measure my motor would be running like **** or be junk and who would answer to that?? no one probably bc thats how performance stuff goes....

Makes me worry about the DIY guy or the shop that DIDNT go over the heads. Who has them on their car right now?? Uninspected and sent to a customer is no excuse. I oculd have been out 10s of thousands....
__________________
Jake
Silver '03 Cobra Coupe
9.82 @ 135 - Eaton
9.46 @ 140 - n2o
BADASS03SVT is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:00 PM   #46
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Vehicle: 2001 Mustang GT
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,607
Default

Funny that Nick was lurking the thread over on YB yet didn't make a post.

Took him 8 days to notice the damaged head. In the background of the pic above there is a perfectly good cam cover and a sledge hammer. Hmmm
WannaBeGearHead is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #47
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Vehicle: 2001 GT
Location: PA
Posts: 2,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead View Post
Funny that Nick was lurking the thread over on YB yet didn't make a post.

Took him 8 days to notice the damaged head. In the background of the pic above there is a perfectly good cam cover and a sledge hammer. Hmmm
Good pick up on that, sure enough there is a sledge hammer as well as a good cam cover ha. Wonder if it took 8 days to figure out he could break it? Haha
dwtjr3 is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #48
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Vehicle: '95 gt 347
Location: Westland, MI
Posts: 6,223
Default

LOL come on now, that one little cam cap is broken and he says he's out a whole effing head and charges you 1000 for that?! that's effing bull****. why doesn't he just take the cam cap off of YOUR heads that he still has and most likely wont return and bingo bango he'll have his 2 heads back and you should get your full refund. that's rediculous.
__________________


'03 cobra- 2.8 KB mammoth, 19lbs, bolt ons, rxt clutch, sra w/ 3.73's

654/546 whp/tq

Old setup - Ported eaton, 16lbs, minor bolt ons, sra, self tuned.

501/501 - 11.23@124
ctgreddy is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 07:55 PM   #49
Repzard
4th Gear Member
 
Repzard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Vehicle: 99 Ford Mustang GT & 97 Cobra SVT
Location: sttesuhcaxaT (The State you love to hate)
Posts: 1,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead View Post
Funny that Nick was lurking the thread over on YB yet didn't make a post.

Took him 8 days to notice the damaged head. In the background of the pic above there is a perfectly good cam cover and a sledge hammer. Hmmm
Good catch WannaBe.
I feel for you OP ,thats quite a bit of money to lose out on in these days.


Hope it get straighten out..This isnt a place Nick wants a bad rep on.
Word can get around fast.
__________________

1997 SVT Cobra #6149 of 6961
Repzard is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #50
Gt04
4th Gear Member
 
Gt04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Vehicle: 2004 Mustang Gt Vert
Location: Georgia/White/Gwinnett county
Posts: 1,170
Dannysaccnt
Send a message via AIM to Gt04 Send a message via MSN to Gt04
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repzard View Post
Good catch WannaBe.
I feel for you OP ,thats quite a bit of money to lose out on in these days.


Hope it get straighten out..This isnt a place Nick wants a bad rep on.
Word can get around fast.
Yup, forums are the best marketing system he has with how small his company is. I have buddies who had no idea what mhs was until I showed then lol. hopefully he makes right with this.
Gt04 is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #51
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member
 
DRAGUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Vehicle: 01 Cobra
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgreddy View Post
LOL come on now, that one little cam cap is broken and he says he's out a whole effing head and charges you 1000 for that?! that's effing bull****. why doesn't he just take the cam cap off of YOUR heads that he still has and most likely wont return and bingo bango he'll have his 2 heads back and you should get your full refund. that's rediculous.
This makes the most sense. Since he already has your old heads, he could easily take the part. I would contact the insurance carrier on the package to see if it is legal for him to make a claim on the package, and then to do the same to you.
DRAGUL is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #52
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Vehicle: 2001 Mustang GT
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repzard View Post
This isnt a place Nick wants a bad rep on.
Word can get around fast.
There has been 14,394 views in that thread on YB not to mention all the other threads on the other Mustang boards. Damage has been done already.

I guess the good thing about this is he probably won't be as busy anymore and may have some extra free to fish
WannaBeGearHead is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #53
TRUEBLUE3934
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Vehicle: 2001 Ford Bullitt Mustang
Location: NC
Posts: 1,481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinschmidt1 View Post
**** happens....It sucks for the OP but at the same time, look at it frm nicks position.

He wasnt responsible for packaging the heads that got destroyed.
Correct! Nick was responsible for shipping him s**t for new heads that couldn't be used.

Sounds like a bad attitude has destroyed what may have once been a good business. The posting on Nick's website just proves that he developed a bad attitude and resentment for his customers who held him to his word.
__________________
HiTech stageII cams, BBK Ceramic LongTubes, MAC ProChamber, Flowmaster50series, SteedaUDP, JLT CAI, MGW, SVT Focus Fuel Pump, H&R Race springs, Bilstein HD, MM CC Plates, MM FLSFC, Eibach Swaybars, MM LCA, MM Pan-hard, 3.91gears, AuburnPro diff, Moser31splines, 17x9 & 17x10.5 Bullitts, Dark smoked headlights w/ 55W HID, chin spoiler. 283rwhp/298torque (motor), 417rwhp/498torque (latest nitrous tune) 12.5@110.5mph (motor w/ 1.77 60'), 11.66@120.9mph (1.78 60')on nitrous.
TRUEBLUE3934 is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #54
Hangwire
4th Gear Member
 
Hangwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2003 GT Auto
Location: NC
Posts: 1,949
Default

Guess I know who not to go to for blower cams and headwork next Spring. At least he will be able to remove a lot of the immature excuses he has on his site now because he wont be nearly as busy doing the amazing work he does typing and talking all day. How about you work on the products sitting in-house and do some invoicing instead of talking and typing all damn day and maybe youd have the cash to run the place and not bend your customers over and then ask THEM for a stack of benjamins.

Never did like the goofy *** avatar you have you clearly are about as good at running a business as that guy is at not looking like a creep.

Seriously that list of excuses on his site is probably as bad as screwing this guy over. I cannot believe that.

And as far as that shipping insurance goes. I deal with shipping and receiving every day at work. I deal with UPS, FedEx, DHL, R+L Carriers, Conway, Southeast, NYCE, DEY Airfreight, you name it. Most shipping companies are bad about upholding insured products and UPS is the worst. If they can find absolutely anything wrong with how something was packaged they will deny your insurance claim and not give a damn. And they're big enough to be able to do it. If you so much as overpack a box by 1/2 a lb past its limit, your insurance claim gets denied. And UPS will throw a package down a cliff if its the fastest way to get it from point A to point B, trust and believe that. The most you can do is make sure he does complete the claim and get the money, otherwise youd be double ****ed.

Nice going Nicholas, making momma proud.
__________________
KB 2.1L | Stock F. Pump + KB BAP | KB CAI w/ 90mm MAF
MAC O/R H 2.5"
| Flowmaster 44 CB 2.5"
Tokico D-Specs
| MM FLSCFs | J&M S/S LCAs | UPR S/S UCAs
Nitto NT05 315/35/17
| FR 3.73s

Totalled 1/25/2013
| Rebuild/Full Paint Completed 6/15/2013
Mustang's 50th Anniversary Charlotte, NC 4/16/2014-4/20/2014
Hangwire is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 09:10 PM   #55
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Vehicle: 2001 GT
Location: PA
Posts: 2,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangwire View Post
Guess I know who not to go to for blower cams and headwork next Spring. At least he will be able to remove a lot of the immature excuses he has on his site now because he wont be nearly as busy doing the amazing work he does typing and talking all day. How about you work on the products sitting in-house and do some invoicing instead of talking and typing all damn day and maybe youd have the cash to run the place and not bend your customers over and then ask THEM for a stack of benjamins.

Never did like the goofy *** avatar you have you clearly are about as good at running a business as that guy is at not looking like a creep.

Seriously that list of excuses on his site is probably as bad as screwing this guy over. I cannot believe that.

And as far as that shipping insurance goes. I deal with shipping and receiving every day at work. I deal with UPS, FedEx, DHL, R+L Carriers, Conway, Southeast, NYCE, DEY Airfreight, you name it. Most shipping companies are bad about upholding insured products and UPS is the worst. If they can find absolutely anything wrong with how something was packaged they will deny your insurance claim and not give a damn. And they're big enough to be able to do it. If you so much as overpack a box by 1/2 a lb past its limit, your insurance claim gets denied. And UPS will throw a package down a cliff if its the fastest way to get it from point A to point B, trust and believe that. The most you can do is make sure he does complete the claim and get the money, otherwise youd be double ****ed.

Nice going Nicholas, making momma proud.
Yeah man your right, that crap on his page is unbelievable
__________________

dwtjr3 is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #56
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll
 
WhiteFoxGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 98 Cobra
Location: Delaware
Posts: 5,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank View Post
I actually found it quite humorous..... A LOT of people have no idea the challenges a small business faces on the day to day. Everyone wants to use you but you don't have the resources to keep up. So you either take in more work than you can handle or turn them away. If you turn them away, most people act like spoiled brats these days and they will go on the forums and crap all over you. If you take in to much work, you get behind and people will go on the forums and take a crap on you.

Between frivolous lawsuits, taxes and entitled people... it's amazing any small company can survive.
I totally agree with you man. I run a small private auto shop with one other guy. There is so much crap that goes on behind the scenes people just do not understand. I spend about 5 hours a day actually wrenching, the rest is all phone calls, parts, customers, making sure the bills are split up and paid, accounting, etc.... **** gets hectic fast. Then you get one impatient customer, and a simple hold up or unavoidable misunderstanding, and people try to **** on your reputation and drive you into the dirt. Plain and simple, the situation sucks on both ends of the deal, but all the blame gets put on the business and Im positive nick wouldnt put his company's reputation on the line over trying to "screw" one customer over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtjr3 View Post
Yeah man your right, that crap on his page is unbelievable
wait till you get the chance to try and run a small business. I can relate to 80% of the things on that page without even thinking hard about it
WhiteFoxGT is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #57
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Vehicle: 2001 Mustang GT
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT View Post
I totally agree with you man. I run a small private auto shop with one other guy. There is so much crap that goes on behind the scenes people just do not understand. I spend about 5 hours a day actually wrenching, the rest is all phone calls, parts, customers, making sure the bills are split up and paid, accounting, etc.... **** gets hectic fast. Then you get one impatient customer, and a simple hold up or unavoidable misunderstanding, and people try to **** on your reputation and drive you into the dirt. Plain and simple, the situation sucks on both ends of the deal, but all the blame gets put on the business and Im positive nick wouldnt put his company's reputation on the line over trying to "screw" one customer over.
While I'm sure that's true for most small companies you have to think about it from a customer's standpoint who has MANY other options to get work done at. If you can't keep up with work because you're so busy then you need to do something about it or tell customers about how long a wait it will be. Constantly getting the reach around like Nick was giving the OP isn't the way to handle a business.

After searching around the internet about Nick's other complaints and reading his very stupid/worthless/immature post on his site it doesn't surprise me that something like this happened. Go read his various post on other websites. People are always being delayed and he's always blaming it on a heavy workload.

Some people will continue to buy from Nick but I guarantee he's going to lose A LOT of business. If I send my heads to Nick and he says 2 months, fine. But if I call him in 2 month and he hasn't started or gives me a bunch of excuses I'm going to be pissed
WannaBeGearHead is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #58
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll
 
WhiteFoxGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Vehicle: 98 Cobra
Location: Delaware
Posts: 5,986
Default

thats another issue in itself, which i covered in my last post and nick covers on that page in his website. Stuff happens, each and every day. I can tell you your car will be fixed by 4pm, but when the parts show up at 2pm wrong, you now have to wait another day or 3 because the correct one is backordered. Or, you go to take one thing apart and something else breaks in the process. This applies to ANY job, not just cylinder head work. Sure the time frame may have been a little unacceptable but you got to put your self in his shoes sometimes and see how you would feel/react put in nick's situation, or anyone elses in that matter
WhiteFoxGT is offline  
Old 04-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #59
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Vehicle: 2001 Mustang GT
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 4,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFoxGT View Post
thats another issue in itself, which i covered in my last post and nick covers on that page in his website. Stuff happens, each and every day. I can tell you your car will be fixed by 4pm, but when the parts show up at 2pm wrong, you now have to wait another day or 3 because the correct one is backordered. Or, you go to take one thing apart and something else breaks in the process. This applies to ANY job, not just cylinder head work. Sure the time frame may have been a little unacceptable but you got to put your self in his shoes sometimes and see how you would feel/react put in nick's situation, or anyone elses in that matter
I understand things going wrong and taking a day or maybe a week longer but when a day or week turns into weeks and months than it's unacceptable like you said.

The biggest issue here is people have so many options for parts on these cars that a bad deal like this is going to scare away customers. Nick goofed and so far hasn't fixed it. I've done business with companies that have messed up an order or charged me the wrong amount. It sucked but it's what they did to fix the issue that kept me going back.
WannaBeGearHead is offline  
Old 04-20-2012, 06:26 AM   #60
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Vehicle: '95 gt 347
Location: Westland, MI
Posts: 6,223
Default

lets get off the topic of him taking months and months to do heads. The biggest thing he did to **** himself is one, take 1000 from the customer for a friggin broken cam cap(that he could easily take off the op's original heads that were "junk"). and second that last comment he said about "go ahead and tell everyone, i'll be happy if i never have to port another set of 4v heads again". that was immature and down right stupid. If you dont like doing 4v heads than just make yourself out to be just a 2v company. easy as that. dont screw people with bad heads and basically steal their heads they supplied and expect nothing to come from it. I especially liked his post about the damaged heads, where he said he could fix the cracks and wouldn't be afraid to use it in a n/a build. so, you know that's EXACTLY what he's gonna do. keep the op's heads, not give him money back for them, then port them fix the cracks(if there's even any there) and sell them to someone building a n/a motor and make even more profit off of the op.
__________________


'03 cobra- 2.8 KB mammoth, 19lbs, bolt ons, rxt clutch, sra w/ 3.73's

654/546 whp/tq

Old setup - Ported eaton, 16lbs, minor bolt ons, sra, self tuned.

501/501 - 11.23@124
ctgreddy is offline  
Old 04-20-2012, 06:26 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, customer, engineering, general, head, insurance, jobs, legal, list, mhs, modular, motors, packing, powered, service, shop, vbulletin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.


This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Fordģ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup