4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

J&M Caster/Camber Plates Just Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 03:38 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Default J&M Caster/Camber Plates Just Arrived

As the title says. Just received my J&M Caster/Camber plates. My new tires scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Tuesday 7/24/12).

I've had my FRPP C-Springs installed now for a year on already roached out tires. Was changing my oil last Sunday when I noticed the inside portion of front tires were bald and to the point of showing fibers through the rubber in spots.

So to AM I went. Ordered two new tires and CC plates.

My question: I have the instructions that came with the CC plates. Seem pretty straight forward. Just wondering if there is anything I should be on the lookout for. Also, how much time should I allow for installation of both sides. My work commuter crappy minivan took a dump and my Mustang is now my DD until I can find another work DD.

I get off work at 2pm, home by 2:30. But usually off to bed 7-7:30. I get up at 2:30am to be at work by 4am. Can it be done in the 4.5-5 hours of my free time? I have air compressor with air ratchet/impacts (1/4-1/2in drives). Heard it can be done in couple hours, but just want to make sure before I go diggin into it.

Lastly, there appears to be rivets in the factory CC plates. These need to be drilled? I assume they do?

Thanks for ANY info. As always, greatly appreciated.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:31 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MyGt03
As the title says. Just received my J&M Caster/Camber plates. My new tires scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Tuesday 7/24/12).

I've had my FRPP C-Springs installed now for a year on already roached out tires. Was changing my oil last Sunday when I noticed the inside portion of front tires were bald and to the point of showing fibers through the rubber in spots.

So to AM I went. Ordered two new tires and CC plates.

My question: I have the instructions that came with the CC plates. Seem pretty straight forward. Just wondering if there is anything I should be on the lookout for. Also, how much time should I allow for installation of both sides. My work commuter crappy minivan took a dump and my Mustang is now my DD until I can find another work DD.

I get off work at 2pm, home by 2:30. But usually off to bed 7-7:30. I get up at 2:30am to be at work by 4am. Can it be done in the 4.5-5 hours of my free time? I have air compressor with air ratchet/impacts (1/4-1/2in drives). Heard it can be done in couple hours, but just want to make sure before I go diggin into it.

Lastly, there appears to be rivets in the factory CC plates. These need to be drilled? I assume they do?

Thanks for ANY info. As always, greatly appreciated.
MyGt03,

Awesome pick up! Caster camber plates & Some fresh rubber is always a great set of mods.

I'm confident you can definitely get that job done in that time frame. I honestly don't think it will even take half off that time!

Hit us up if you run into any issues & we will walk you through the install! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

Thanks for shopping with AM, we greatly appreciate the business & loyalty!

- Dan
Old 07-23-2012, 07:38 PM
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Dan.

Today was 104 degrees of hot, steamy Chicago summer with 85% humidity. In short, it was down right just nasty hot out. Put my garage in the 110 degree range. As much as I want to install, it might have to wait till the weekend when I can get out in garage in early morning when the temp is in the lower 80's. All week is forecast high 90's with a few 100+ days. Miserable to say the least. And its not the heat that makes it rough. That humidity is murder.

But, thanks for the info. Tomorrow my tires arrive. I can handle that. Take them with car to shop and sit in air conditioning while they get mounted and balanced...hehehe No sweat...