4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Why did you get a New Edge?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 07:30 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

well i got done modding my 2010 (for the most part). Love the different body style and sleekness, plus wanted to say i owned an s197 and an sn95. Good deal on it, black paint (so i can finally go with my murdered look)
Old 10-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Nomad8888
1st Gear Member

I would have gotten a five speed, but my recollection of Ford manual gearboxes isn't the rosiest picture. I used to have an 88 Turbo Coupe and finding a gear with that car at times was like trying to find a contact lens in a bowl of oatmeal. Also, I live in Los Angeles, and since traffic here...what's the word again...ah - sucks - it's pointless to have a stick. You rarely get it out of second.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:54 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Originally Posted by cliffyk
Appearance.

Camaros are faster than Mustangs untill the new 5.0 came out However you can make a Mustang fast--you cannot make a Camaro look good...
Fixed for ya cliff.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:37 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Nomad8888
I would have gotten a five speed, but my recollection of Ford manual gearboxes isn't the rosiest picture. I used to have an 88 Turbo Coupe and finding a gear with that car at times was like trying to find a contact lens in a bowl of oatmeal. Also, I live in Los Angeles, and since traffic here...what's the word again...ah - sucks - it's pointless to have a stick. You rarely get it out of second.
Try it w/ a short shifter!!! Night & day. Used to miss third all the time but with the short shifter I havent missed it once.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:25 AM
barqsdrinker

My first Mustang (and my first car) was a '74 Mustang II. It had the inline-4 mated to an 3-speed auto. I was 14 and didn't know crap about cars. I did know that I loved it and got into enough trouble with it (ie: driving w/o license, failing to obey posted limits, etc). I had to painfully watch it get crushed as part of paying my fines and impound fees that were due and couldn't pay.

Fast forward a couple of decades and I'm in another 'stang. I came out of a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP. Love the ride of the car and the power, however driving a V8 Front-wheel Drive car is...odd. The torque steer is maddening under full acceleration. I simply decided that I wanted a RWD V8.

Lo and behold! My Mustang appeared at a dealership that I trust. They took the GP in on trade - almost an even swap - and I was in heaven! I do love my Mustang. There are some things that I want to change (and I'll get to them, eventually) but even as is, I'm quite happy!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:48 PM
supersnake67
2nd Gear Member

A guy in my neighborhood had an 83 mercury capri that would just tear the streets up. Thats when the bug hit me. So when I had the chance to buy an 82 mustang gt I did. So a few years later after rocking a 91 ford taurus ..... I had a choice between a 2001 Gt performance red, a 92 camaro with a 305 or a 96 camaro v-6 I chose the Mustang cause it was head and shoulders better than the camaros in every way. After that I had to have the 05 Gt which is also a very nice car and now I'm back to a 2004 new edge . lol They are just well rounded cars.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:25 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I was a fox guy until I picked up my 2000 in '02. I bought it b/c it was a fairly priced Roush and a pretty rare one at that. To be honest, I hated the new edge look until I saw that car in person. (Was actually about to sign on a new SVT Focus when I saw it getting pulled onto the lot.)
Old 10-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Forced Air

I had no clue that I bought one. I had just sold a business and had some extra cash laying around and a friend of the family just happened to be selling his Mustang.

I always new that the car looked "different" from other Mustangs but I never realized why until I got on the forum and found out that I had a New Edge. I've been bitten by the bug though. I can't walk more than 20 ft from the car without turning around to look at it.

I just did an upper and lower brow tint on the windshield which completely sets the car apart from anything else around here. I just love it when people turn their heads to take a look at her.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:36 PM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

I just fell in love with body. To be honest I didnt even care about the motor that was in it. Until I got my *** handed to me by ct's v8.... lol
Old 10-29-2012, 05:49 PM
FormlessGT
1st Gear Member

I had always wanted a Mustang since I was a kid. My first car was an 87' Thunderbird with the old 5.0 in it. I craved something with decent power, looked great, and wasn't hard on the bank.

I work at a Ford dealership and the one I purchased came in on trade. I couldn't stop looking at the car. Never considered a color such as mineral grey to look good on any car but it pulls it off. I bugged the hell out of my boss to sell it to me and not put it out for sale. 2 weeks after really thinking about it, I bought it. Loving every minute I drive her.

Quick Reply: Why did you get a New Edge?