4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

4.6 Forums dead?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 03:02 PM
96GT226410
CSMG Moderator

Originally Posted by FrostByte
This little ****er JUST WONT DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha, very true.

This thread has become off topic discussion.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:13 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Unhappy

To get things back on track:

My name is Cliff and I am a Mustang Forums junkie, however I been clean for 4 weeks now .

I made a New Year's resolution (and a promise to SWMBO) to spend less time in front of computers (I am supposed to be retired and have not been all that well of late). As to the various Mustang forums I attend, I found that I had grown tired of answering the same handful of questions over-and-over again...

Here is a thread that exemplifies why I have not been around as much recently..

The OP asks if there if there is a way to test COPs with a multimeter; the answer to which is in the tech info and how-to's "sticky" or can be readily found by using the search function here, or by Googling "mustang cop test".

There are four responses, non of which is completely correct and none of which point back to the "sticky"--indicating to me that no one has bothered to read it--making the amount of work that the various authors, including myself, have put into that library a waste of our time.

It is the same as with the "Which CAI should I get/is the best/is cheap/adds HP?", "What size TB should I get?", "Should I get a tune?", "Do I need to remove the fuel rails to get the COPs out?" and numerous other questions well covered in the great information available in the stickies--which BTW are one of the things that drew me to this forum 6 years ago,

As many of you know I am more than willing to help people out, nonetheless there comes a time when one has said just about all there is to be said and there is no point in continuing the conversation; time to shut-up and let others take over. I do plan on dropping in from time-to-time (lurking), and do receive and will respond to PMs should someone need assistance...

Last edited by cliffyk; 03-24-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:11 AM
WhiteFoxGT
Resident Ford Troll

cool story brah
Old 03-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Mf.com 4.6 has gotten to the age like DSMtuners.com did, where every question has been asked. The difference there is they have a bunch of really good stickies and give people time outs for not searching. I've seen some half decent noob info threads over the years but they never seem to stick around.

I think it might be time. We're to playful to lock down the site ****/dsm style but a few long "well written" and well organized stickies could go along way.

Last edited by Sxynerd; 03-24-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:06 PM
smitty2919
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
To get things back on track:

My name is Cliff and I am a Mustang Forums junkie, however I been clean for 4 weeks now .

I made a New Year's resolution (and a promise to SWMBO) to spend less time in front of computers (I am supposed to be retired and have not been all that well of late). As to the various Mustang forums I attend, I found that I had grown tired of answering the same handful of questions over-and-over again...

Here is a thread that exemplifies why I have not been around as much recently..

The OP asks if there if there is a way to test COPs with a multimeter; the answer to which is in the tech info and how-to's "sticky" or can be readily found by using the search function here, or by Googling "mustang cop test".

There are four responses, non of which is correct and none of which point back to the "sticky"--indicating to me that no one has bothered to read it--making the amount of work that the various authors, including myself, have put into that library a waste of our time.

It is the same as with the "Which CAI should I get/is the best/is cheap/adds HP?", "What size TB should I get?", "Should I get a tune?", "Do I need to remove the fuel rails to get the COPs out?" and numerous other questions well covered in the great information available in the stickies--which BTW are one of the things that drew me to this forum 6 years ago,

As many of you know I am more than willing to help people out, nonetheless there comes a time when one has said just about all there is to be said and there is no point in continuing the conversation; time to shut-up and let others take over. I do plan on dropping in from time-to-time (lurking), and do receive and will respond to PMs should someone need assistance...
I knew it was a matter of time until all the jackass questions asked over and over due to the lazy *** new guys would push out people like you Cliff.

Thanks for the time and effort you have supplied MF and the answeres you have given me.

Back on track...LS FTW!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:24 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

I'll still be around if someone really needs help. I am going to concentrate on creating a series of technical documents re: engine control components, tuning, etc. for my website and blog...
Old 03-25-2013, 01:21 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by cliffyk

There are four responses, non of which is completely correct and none of which point back to the "sticky"--indicating to me that no one has bothered to read it--making the amount of work that the various authors, including myself, have put into that library a waste of our time.
One thing I want to point out is even though that one example means they didn't read the stickies does not mean nobody reads the stickies. People browse the forum all the time and many of those that find helpful information due to those stickies do not always make threads stating it, therefore creating those tech stickies is not a waste of time.