Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Vortech H.O. first impressions feedback

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 12:04 PM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

What, a business person actually warning you about buying their product? No way!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:07 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

lol yes, what a great world we live in
Old 04-30-2011, 01:29 AM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

What's the winter thing? I know you blew your stuff up a while back but did that have to do with the weather?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:41 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

it's some BS issue about the aluminum housing changing sizes and the internal gearing/bearings and crap.. pretty much crushes the internal crap, even with oil, and it dies on start up.. if not, it will eventually wear itself out. Taking care of it pretty much means garaging over night (heated), with a shop bulb on the blower or heated blanket.. thats not gonna help when I am at work or at the movies and it's freezing lol

I blew my motor trying to top out my ride, non-intercooled.. pretty much just blew up.
Too much air, not enough fuel is what I am guessing.. plus forcing engagement of the overdrive. Lesson learned.

Selling this kit this September for a Roush M90.. not the most powerful, I know.. but I am looking at the M90/500hp kit and CAMs. At this point, I am very tired of putting shiet on and having to take it off every few months!

I am gonna get a built TCI auto trans, high stall converter (3k), light weight drive-shaft and some fat ol tires out back after that. YOu really don't need 600hp to be fast.. you have to HOOK!
Old 04-30-2011, 07:20 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
it's some BS issue about the aluminum housing changing sizes and the internal gearing/bearings and crap.. pretty much crushes the internal crap, even with oil, and it dies on start up.. if not, it will eventually wear itself out. Taking care of it pretty much means garaging over night (heated), with a shop bulb on the blower or heated blanket.. thats not gonna help when I am at work or at the movies and it's freezing lol

I blew my motor trying to top out my ride, non-intercooled.. pretty much just blew up.
Too much air, not enough fuel is what I am guessing.. plus forcing engagement of the overdrive. Lesson learned.

Selling this kit this September for a Roush M90.. not the most powerful, I know.. but I am looking at the M90/500hp kit and CAMs. At this point, I am very tired of putting shiet on and having to take it off every few months!

I am gonna get a built TCI auto trans, high stall converter (3k), light weight drive-shaft and some fat ol tires out back after that. YOu really don't need 600hp to be fast.. you have to HOOK!

I have heard a couple of people blowing there rides when shifting like that. I have been trying to spread the word on here about that situation b/c I know alot of people do not know that. Sorry to hear man. How long ago was that.

Anyway I got the lower control arms installed. Damn easy!! Thanks for the advice. I got the MT's and Race Star wheels in and balanced but unfortunately mother nature opened her legs this week and **** on my plans. I wish there was a father nature. He would be more sympathetic
Old 05-01-2011, 05:39 AM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Smile

Originally Posted by stealth_GT

Believe me with the right tune the M90 has plenty of power, they dyno tune I got is basically the same as the 500hp kit the VMP and JDM have I just had it done at a local dyno shop, I didn't even need the upgraded pully.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:25 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
I have heard a couple of people blowing there rides when shifting like that. I have been trying to spread the word on here about that situation b/c I know alot of people do not know that. Sorry to hear man. How long ago was that.

Anyway I got the lower control arms installed. Damn easy!! Thanks for the advice. I got the MT's and Race Star wheels in and balanced but unfortunately mother nature opened her legs this week and **** on my plans. I wish there was a father nature. He would be more sympathetic
Last summer when I seen the light and discovered what getting blown felt like for the first time lol

My motor took a crap! Even with a safe tune.. drive it wrong or push the limits too far and it'll go a blink of an eye!

No problem about the LCAs. The LCAs to me felt very harsh and stiff, but after while it felt like it accelerated much better than the flumsy stock ones.

Originally Posted by 2008GT/CSBuckeye
Believe me with the right tune the M90 has plenty of power, they dyno tune I got is basically the same as the 500hp kit the VMP and JDM have I just had it done at a local dyno shop, I didn't even need the upgraded pully.
I wouldn't doubt it.. dyno tunes are so much more spot on than canned tunes.