Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

color choice!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

Although black looks the best when clean I have had enough to know it's a total pain in the ***
Old 09-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by Chevy Convert
Although black looks the best when clean I have had enough to know it's a total pain in the ***
Untrue. If you know what products to buy and how to go about not only washing... but protecting it after the wash it is a cinch.

Im in Texas where we have hot, windy, dusty summers and winters with all sorts of crap. And its still easy for me to keep clean.
The way I wash it and what I use after make washing it a thing that is not needed too often and if it gets dirty I can use a california duster to take that stuff on in five minutes or less. Even the stuff that is kinda sticky.

Its all about HOW you do it.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:57 PM
honeybunny

Talking

White has higher insurance. yellow you will look like Bumblebee and green,that'd be cool cuz' then your car would look like the Hulk and everybody knows that the Hulk is a crazy as mother f*#^$#!
honeybunny
Old 09-04-2012, 07:37 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

I agree that black is a pain in the ***, and yes the california duster is great.

black stripes on a yellow mustang is awesome though!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
There is NOTHING as mean as a black Mustang.
Yup there is more responsibility in cleaning but once you get the hang of it, it's a cinch.
Plus it gets you in the habit of TAKING care of your car all around better in my opinion.
Black is the ONLY color!! IMO...but it doesnt matter what anyone here thinks...it is your car and it is a Mustang!

Last edited by Lifter583; 09-04-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:07 AM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lifter583
Black is the ONLY color!! IMO...but it doesnt matter what anyone here thinks...it is your car and it is a Mustang!
Yeah, black is a badass color for a stang. Then again, im in love with the whole line and every color ford has put out. Im a pony fanatic haha. Cant beat a mustang, simple as that
Old 09-05-2012, 10:01 AM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

I have a screamin yellow 06, I'll post some pictures later tonight. Looks good with dark tint if you can get away with it in your area.

07-09 are better years (newer and less problematic) but my 06 has been sweet to me so far
Old 09-05-2012, 02:16 PM
xx10Gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by baddog671
I have a screamin yellow 06, I'll post some pictures later tonight. Looks good with dark tint if you can get away with it in your area.

07-09 are better years (newer and less problematic) but my 06 has been sweet to me so far
nice, and yeah i wanna see some pictures!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:41 PM
Chevy Convert
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Untrue. If you know what products to buy and how to go about not only washing... but protecting it after the wash it is a cinch.
Too much going on in life to have to tidy up my car after I drive it.

Don't want to worry when it rains that surface dust is going to collect on water droplets.

Don't want going through any size puddle and worry it noticeable if I don't dry it right away.

Don't want to use my CA duster every day.

Finally come to the SE during spring and your black car will be yellow with pine pollen...

What you've written is exactly why black is a pain in the ***.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:52 AM
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xx10Gt
Hey everybody, im looking to get an 05-09 GT and im going to play it smart and not impulse buy and just wait for a car that really hits home for me. What im thinking is either get a white, yellow, or a legend lime GT because i like the look of off-setting the car with a different color, for example- black spoiler, louvers, etc.

so i'll sum this up:
1) can anybody post pictures of their white, yellow, or legend lime GT's with some goodies on them? bonus points if you have appearance mods to off set the car! (black spoiler, black louvers, anything that makes the car stand out)

2) Tell me which color you would prefer!

3)any opinions on the matter would be helpful and is greatly appreciated, thanks!

if you don't mind my asking, why are you looking at the older stangs if you have a 10gt already? are you trading down or just getting a second car?

Quick Reply: color choice!