Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #1
sonic245
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang
Default Roush R2300 question

So I decided to go FI, after researching for weeks, I think I'm leaning towards the Roush TVS. My main concern and one I haven't been able to find an answer to is regarding tuning. I have read that you send Roush your PCM and they then send you a preconfigured PCM. If I return mine to stock before sending it in, can I then use to my tuner to add a custom tune later if I want? Also, I have 3.73 gears and would need to adjust for that at the very least. Can I just adjust for the gears when I get the new PCM? Or will I have to live with my speedo being off?

Thanks in advance all.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
sonic245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
UPRSharad
Sponsor

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang GT
www.facebook.com/sraldiris

I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but I strongly suggest a custom tune with any forced induction.

Like us at www.facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
UPRSharad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:49 PM   #3
CPTCO
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT

Most of your assumptions are correct. You do send your PCM in to Roush. They had a very quick turn around time with mine. I think it was about three days total for me to ship to them and them to ship back to me. They took my 4.10s into consideration when writing that tune.
All that being said, Roush was VERY conservative with their tune. It will get the car running and drivable. I purchased a tune from VMP which I was able to put on my handheld (question 2). VMP worked with me over the course of three or four data logs and a pulley change to dial everything in.

Hope this helps, and feel free to send me a pm if you have more questions, but I'm on here quite a bit, so I will probably see if you add to this thread.

Performance White-Sonic Blue Stripes-Roush TVS 2300-Pypes Violators Axle Backs-Pypes X Pipe-FRPP 4.10 Gears-MGW-BBK LCAs
CPTCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 08:03 AM   #4
sonic245
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang

Those are exactly the answers I'm looking for actually. Thanks guys.
CPTCO - I was actually thinking about getting a hold of Justin for this. He did the tune for my old V6 and it was basically spot on. And I just noticed in your sig, that you're running 4.10's. I thought I may be in trouble with 3.73's on a PD blower. I was seriously considering a centri just because of my gears, but I really like this TVS so I'm throwing caution to the wind. I can't get any traction in the first 2 gears at the track. Looks like I'll definitely need some DR's after this.

Last dumb question, I should return my PCM back to stock before sending to Roush, correct?

Thanks again guys.

Last edited by sonic245; 08-20-2014 at 08:07 AM.
sonic245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:29 AM   #5
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ford Mustang GT

If you just buy the TVS from Justin, he will send you the tunes for it - no need to remove your PCM and send it anywhere. And 3.73's are perfect for a P/D blower.
E-Force /2.75” Pulley - IW 18% OD Balancer
ID 725 Injectors
Comp Cams 127450's
GT500 Dual Fuel Pumps w/ dual VMP boosters
Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator
AFCO Heat Exchanger w/ fans
Dad's Intercooler tank
Kooks 1 5/8” Headers, Green Cats, H-pipe
PI 3200 rpm Converter
3.73 Gears
Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft
Strange Adj. Struts and Shocks
GT500 Brembo Brakes & BAER 14” Rotors

DYNOJET: 633 rwhp/623 rwtq (4/2/14)

jpplaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:39 AM   #6
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

You will be fine with any gear you choose. It's just a matter of making everything work together. I have a PD blower, 4.10 and a bit of suspension work. I get traction wherever I am, but I also run DRs daily. Running DRs daily is not for everyone and it puts a bit of extra strain on everything else. which ends up costing more.

Motor Built by ST Motorsports
Tuned By Tony at Tuners Inc

11.05@129
Simon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:23 AM   #7
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

4.10s with a roush blower, cams, LTs etc.... no regrets at all. I do run DRs as a daily driver tire as well. I run a Brenspeed tune. Best tune I have ever had in my car. Brent is very easy to worth with too. He has written me several other tunes for my bracket racing as well. They all perform very well in my car.

06 Satin Silver GT - Auto...ROUSH M90 CAI, Afco Dual Fan HE, 4.10s,Truetrac, Detroit Rockers, DSS DS, TCI Rachet Shifter, PA Deep Pan, Eibach Handling, FR P Springs, Strange Shocks/Struts, J&M UCA/LCA, SS Lines/ EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors w/Reds, Mickey Thompson SC5, Nitto 255/305, 2011 leather, Pypes LT's/H-Pipe, MBRP Resonators, Borla

2011 NHRA Sportsman Class Hawaii State Champion
12.23 @ 113 mph
808muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:23 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement