Tuner/air intake dealer service question - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs
Reload this Page >

Tuner/air intake dealer service question

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Tuner/air intake dealer service question

Old 09-08-2015, 12:25 PM
04stangman
2nd Gear Member

Default Tuner/air intake dealer service question

Whats up guys, I have a tuner amd air intake question that I need a clear answer about. I have a 2014 GT 500 that I put a JLT intake on with a Bama tune. I decided that I wanted to make an appointment to have the dealer listen to a noise that I think I hear coming from my transmission, will they give me any hassle about having that aftermarket intake and a tune on the car? Does anybody know if it will do anything to cause them to say anything about my warranty in case there's an issue that needs to be fixed? Any input and feedback would be greatly appreciated :-)
Old 09-08-2015, 01:12 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

no, they wont care about your intake because there is no way for the intake to cause your trans to make noise. the only time it may cause you issues is if the aftermarket air intake would cause a ford part to fail
Old 09-08-2015, 01:54 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 04stangman View Post
Whats up guys, I have a tuner amd air intake question that I need a clear answer about. I have a 2014 GT 500 that I put a JLT intake on with a Bama tune. I decided that I wanted to make an appointment to have the dealer listen to a noise that I think I hear coming from my transmission, will they give me any hassle about having that aftermarket intake and a tune on the car? Does anybody know if it will do anything to cause them to say anything about my warranty in case there's an issue that needs to be fixed? Any input and feedback would be greatly appreciated :-)
Hey 04stangman -

Good question and just like Jwog had said the only reason that they would really raise an eye-brow were if something had happened that was deemed directly related to the aftermarket parts in question.

If you're concerned about them asking I might shoot them a call prior to going over with something to the tune of "Hey, how are you guys with newer
cars with simple mods?" or you could even just not mention it!

It's a game that we all play with new model cars and I'll be forward I'm doing it as we speak with a brand new truck.

Best of luck.

Alex
Old 09-11-2015, 12:34 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Although they shouldn't give your CAI and tune a 2nd thought, some dealerships service shops are a**holes.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Ask your dealership about working with modified cars. They should be clear on whether they care or not.

The dealer I go to (Santan Ford) has their own performance department so they don't care about working on modified cars and even offer to provide installation (for a fee of course) to install performance parts on the car. They prefer FRPP of course but will install other parts from reputable companies.

Other dealers in my area are straight up, "no, we won't work on a modified car, even those whose modifications do not affect the service we are performing."

If they are shady about it, move on.