5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Whats the cheapest shortblock i could use and where to get it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Dilireus
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Whats the cheapest shortblock i could use and where to get it?

ORIGINAL: mjr46
Just calm down there my friend ..no need to be a loose cannon,,,,you need to learn to not let constructive criticism set your short fuse to burn mode.. if you have a question regarding strength of blocks why not create your own thread after exhausting the search function methood..we are all willing to help fellow mustang owners
I have no problem with constructive criticism. Show me something Rajun said that was constructive!

You yourself point out what burned me up about what he said. I landed here because I was doing a search, though this isn't what I was looking for. If I listened to what was said here, I could very well believe that I could build a 700 hp engine with a 2-bolt block. I've had an A-4 block and know first hand that it's much, much stronger than any 2-bolt block, but that's not the point. If people don't correct wrong information, regardless of its age, then why tell people to search for info before asking questions? What I got from his two responses was, "Look at this stupid n00b replying to a year-old post." Tell how I could interpret what he said any differently?
Old 03-15-2008, 05:48 PM
TTGreenSN95
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dilireus

I've got some news for you, bud. Just because people don't visit this particular forum doesn't mean they're idiots. And just because someone has a 25,000 post count doesn't mean they are the oracle of everything Mustang. This isn't the first remark like this I've seen from people here either. I'll gladly just disappear if that's your attitude.
Dont go anywhere I hear yah brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 05:54 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: TTGreenSN95

I've got some news for you, bud. Just because people don't visit this particular forum doesn't mean they're idiots. And just because someone has a 25,000 post count doesn't mean they are the oracle of everything Mustang. This isn't the first remark like this I've seen from people here either. I'll gladly just disappear if that's your attitude.
Dont go anywhere I hear yah brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a ways to go...
Old 03-15-2008, 06:02 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: mjr46
Just calm down there my friend ..no need to be a loose cannon,,,,you need to learn to not let constructive criticism set your short fuse to burn mode.. if you have a question regarding strength of blocks why not create your own thread after exhausting the search function methood..we are all willing to help fellow mustang owners
I have no problem with constructive criticism. Show me something Rajun said that was constructive!

You yourself point out what burned me up about what he said. I landed here because I was doing a search, though this isn't what I was looking for. If I listened to what was said here, I could very well believe that I could build a 700 hp engine with a 2-bolt block. I've had an A-4 block and know first hand that it's much, much stronger than any 2-bolt block, but that's not the point. If people don't correct wrong information, regardless of its age, then why tell people to search for info before asking questions? What I got from his two responses was, "Look at this stupid n00b replying to a year-old post." Tell how I could interpret what he said any differently?
Why don't you ask him yourself?? I love your colorful description of yourself ....instead of trying to interpert his tone ask him..you might be suprised...but if you were on the forums more than one in a bue moon then you might understand his comment .....myself would not be offended at such cause I know what he really means.. if you wish for the same understanding PM him so in the future try not to let such a mild response set you off..... I'd hate to see what a harsh response would provoke from you...