5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Where do they go?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Where do they go?????

Starts bogging and then dies. Like at a stop light... starts searching for idle and then dies but does not do it all the time... most of the time but not all.

Stock FPR. Checked with the vacuum line off. This was after my intake, throttle body, mass air and injector swap. 24's now had the stock 19's before. Mass air is calibrated for 24's. I know that I need to get and adjustable FPR and it is on the way but I was wondering am I tearing anything up by driving the car until then? I drive about 3 miles a day to work and back and the car never gets of 2500 RPM.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:59 PM
50Trippin
2nd Gear Member

I would think you would start to run into a lean problem in the higher rpms but putting 3 miles to work and back should be fine for now.

So the bogging and idle searching only happens when the a/c is on or at any random time?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

It was anytime... the vacuum line fix (again thanks!) and the AIC clean solved the problem of it dying when the A/C is off... now it is just when the A/C is on.

Adjustable FPR... may be a stupid question but will the stock fuel pump run the car at 40-42 pounds like it should be after I set the adjustable FPR?
Old 07-13-2007, 05:10 PM
50Trippin
2nd Gear Member

i don't know how well the fuel pump will hold up but the pressure should be around 39-40 pounds. as far as the a/c thing. i would think it's some other problem if it was dying before either with it on or off. may just be happening with the a/c on because of the added drag on the engine. does it only happen when coming up to a stop or when slowing way down or does it happen just sitting there idleing with the a/c on? it could also have something to do with your low fuel pressure too.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Texas5.0
3rd Gear Member

I think I have too many things wrong at once. I need to get the fuel pressure situated and then start working my way through the other problems one by one. I think you may be right about the extra drag on the engine. When it starts searching for idle my volt meter goes nuts, dropping way down. I have to bump the gas and hold the rpms, let everything settle down and then ease off the gas until I get to 1000 rpm's or so and then I can let off the gas without any problems.