5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Can pistons be shaved?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hatchdemon89
allready done everything i could im screwed just need to know whether or not i can have them machined?
Your not screwed until you accept defeat or you screwed it up yourself. Lets see a photo so we can tell what happened. If it's just a scratch across the top you would be OK.We need to see the area you are refering to to tell you anything.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:56 AM
canman87
1st Gear Member

I wouldnt stop yelling til I got a new set of pistons!
Old 02-17-2009, 12:11 PM
PJC Racing
3rd Gear Member

allready done everything i could im screwed just need to know whether or not i can have them machined?
something seems off to me based on this statement.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

I'm starting to think the OP screwed the pooch. I've never known Summit Racing not to back up it's products. I've had them exchange a set of Speed Pro Pistons after they had been pressed onto the rod, ringed up and a few of them installed (502 Chevy hitting the couterweight) so I know they back it up. I had one of the CSR's give me a hard time on the phone one day and after a talk with the Joey in CS my order (a set of MSD coil packs for my wifes 4.6 Mustang) arrived at 50% off. They will do what it takes to keep your business because they know Jegs is one call away along with a gazillion other places. Something doesn't smell quite right on this one.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:43 PM
hatchdemon89
3rd Gear Member

excuse me but dont say my story aint legit ill show pictures tonight,when i get home from work their speedpro pistons
Old 02-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

excuse me but dont say my story aint legit ill show pictures tonight,when i get home from work their speedpro pistons
I didn't say your story wasn't legit. Because you won't go into detail about the problem you make it sound like this may be of your own doing. People are trying to help you but all you are doing is saying "can they be machined or not" nobody can tell you that until you go into graphic detail or post a picture of the problem. You may be at the doctors office but you still have to tell him where it hurts.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Catchpole
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Portmaster
I didn't say your story wasn't legit. Because you won't go into detail about the problem you make it sound like this may be of your own doing. People are trying to help you but all you are doing is saying "can they be machined or not" nobody can tell you that until you go into graphic detail or post a picture of the problem. You may be at the doctors office but you still have to tell him where it hurts.
This is one of the most Dr. Phil responses I've ever seen lol
Old 02-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Catchpole
This is one of the most Dr. Phil responses I've ever seen lol
Now if I could only get paid for it, lol
Old 02-17-2009, 05:50 PM
hatchdemon89
3rd Gear Member

Default picsssssssssss

Old 02-17-2009, 05:55 PM
wowvfast
2nd Gear Member

who makes that piston? one dirty *** piston to be installing in a new cyl.
hell that isn't bad..get out your trusty dremel and file it down,then finish it out...

Quick Reply: Can pistons be shaved?