5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Not getting fuel......

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 01:53 AM
loaded6shooter
2nd Gear Member

Default Not getting fuel......

So I have a 87 Jeep Wrangler with a 93 Cobra 5.0 in it. I blew the transfer case and its been sitting for about 4 months waiting on money and parts to get out here to Hawaii.

Since I yanked out the transfer case I've started and let run multiple times and then one day.....nothing...started was cranking but it wouldnt turn over.

At first I thought maybe the battery just didnt have enough juice so i changed it out with a brand new optima yellow top. Still it wouldnt turn over.

Next I checked to see if it was getting spark and i shocked the crap out of myself...spark=check! lol

Next i checked the fuel pump, i could feel fuel being pumped out the discharge hose of the pump and fuel sprayed out when i hit the purge valve on the fuel rail. fuel....check/kinda

next i tried running it of of strted fluid through the throttle body and to my surprise it ran as long as it had starter fluid in it.

So....the injectors arent opening is my guess but i dont know how to fix it.

any ideas?
Old 08-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Bubba 95SN
4th Gear Member

Injectors are triggered by distributor through computer. Check fuel pressure with a gauge. Reply with how much pressure.