5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

5.0 Swap 92 Notch 2.3

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 05:41 PM
RedAndWhiteStang
1st Gear Member

How the Mark VII is looking

Still some parts I gotta get from it

How my cars looking

Was gonna finish the body work first but figured Id wait till after the motor was in. Be my luck I have the body smooth and painted and the chain hoist or somthing break and scratch the car up so ima wait lol
Old 03-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Project 5.GO!
2nd Gear Member

I just painted my car last month, just getting ready to buff the clear out. I found out that body work is a royal PITA. Not just a b!tch, or a b!tch and a half, it actually goes around to two full b!tches. I'd rather rebuild my engine and tranny again than do paint. Have, um... fun with that...
Old 03-03-2012, 09:39 PM
RedAndWhiteStang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Project 5.GO!
I just painted my car last month, just getting ready to buff the clear out. I found out that body work is a royal PITA. Not just a b!tch, or a b!tch and a half, it actually goes around to two full b!tches. I'd rather rebuild my engine and tranny again than do paint. Have, um... fun with that...
Oh yea I know, this will be my 2nd time going through the whole body work paint process on this car. Was red when I got it and painted it the metallic silver about 3 years ago now going for the shade of cobalt blue
Old 03-04-2012, 03:29 PM
RedAndWhiteStang
1st Gear Member

7.5 out

Everything to go in the 8.8

Stripped 7.5
Old 03-06-2012, 01:56 PM
RedAndWhiteStang
1st Gear Member

Got the 8.8 in and the v8 springs, can really tell a difference

Old 03-06-2012, 03:44 PM
RedAndWhiteStang
1st Gear Member

$25 for the flywheel being turned
Old 03-06-2012, 06:07 PM
RedAndWhiteStang
1st Gear Member

For anyone that ever wanted to put a 8.8 in there mustang that has a 7.5 and wasnt sure what rear end to use. I recommend the 8.8 from a lincoln mark vii "The LSC and BillBass model Mark VIIs all come with a 8.8 with a 3.27 LSD rear end"

The actual rear end is the exact same as the mustang, the housing is the exact same length same bolt spots and everything. Just the axles were about an inch longer so the wheels would stick out a little further so I just took the 5lug axles (bronco 2 axles, same length as the stock 4lug mustangs) from my 7.5 and stuck them in the 8.8, there you go exact same length as the 7.5 with the axles. The brake lines were different on the 8.8, the lines ran up the driver side so I removed the lines from my 7.5 since they run up the passenger side and put them on the 8.8 (does require re-bending the lines in some areas). The rear control arms from the lincoln are alot stiffer and made from a thicker grade metal then the mustangs but there the exact same other then that. The coil springs and shocks are the same as well. The bolt holes that hold on the disk brake stuff are the exact same as the bolt holes that hold on the drum brakes so there interchangeable
Old 03-07-2012, 06:05 PM
RedAndWhiteStang
1st Gear Member

The 2.3 thats been in it for 6,000 miles since last feburary is about to come out

2.3 out

Empty bay

Little $8 dolly comes in handy

2.3 and 5.0

How it sits till tomorrow

Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Project 5.GO!
2nd Gear Member

Now's the time to coat the engine bay! Clean it up and spray it the color you intend to paint it. Quick tip, use aluminum foil to mask the brake lines, vac lines, etc. Goes on easy and comes off clean.

That 5.0 looks huge next to the 4-banger, doesn't it? Bet you could stand inside your engine bay while you were working on the 4... LOL
Old 03-08-2012, 12:04 AM
RedAndWhiteStang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Project 5.GO!
Now's the time to coat the engine bay! Clean it up and spray it the color you intend to paint it. Quick tip, use aluminum foil to mask the brake lines, vac lines, etc. Goes on easy and comes off clean.

That 5.0 looks huge next to the 4-banger, doesn't it? Bet you could stand inside your engine bay while you were working on the 4... LOL

I actually did stand in it lol. Damn bolts that hold the exhaust to the header would not come off so I actually got in there with the motor in the car.

Quick Reply: 5.0 Swap 92 Notch 2.3