5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

351w megasquirt tune file ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 05:21 PM
x_doug_x

Default 351w megasquirt tune file ?

I currently have a turbo 351w foxbody with a megasquirt ecu. Do any of you have or know someone with a decent tune file they can send me to check my car out before I bring it to get tuned. Car has on3 76mm turbo, 60lb injectors, tfs highpoint heads, tfs r upper and lower intake and tfs stage 2 cam. Car misses like crap and acts like it's only running on 4 cylinders with the ms 5.0 tune and fuel correction for injectors, not sure if it's tune, timing , valve adjustment or what. Just trying to get it running ok before I spend money trying to have it tuned when there could be other issues. Running a ms2.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:58 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Sorry I can't help with the MS2 stuff, but you'd think a base tune would be enough to get the car to run. And since it seems to be firing on 4 cylinders, then I'd suspect something other than the tune that's causing it. Verify timing marks to TDC of #1 cyl. Verify plug wires and firing order, I say this because I just put a new set on my car, one wire at a time, and I STILL swapped 2 wires somehow lol.

Check for spark, check that injectors are firing, verify fuel pressure, ........all the simple, little things that can cause big problems.

That's where I'd start anyways......good luck and post back with any updates.