5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

who will win 5.0 or srt4

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 03:56 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

Default RE: who will win 5.0 or srt4

ORIGINAL: schwindty

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260

Alright quik, I did as you asked and watched your video. Nice run by the way. but no chance in hell that thing is stock, or even just lightly modded. The video showed you hitting a 2.2 60', there is no way you can bring it all back for a mid 13 on powershifting alone after a mediocre launch.
Now, I can take this either one of two ways. Either you are BSing us, or there is something you dont know. Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you arent lying to us. You seem like a pretty nice guy and all . I would bed a previous owener did a little light engine work. After all, you cant see a port and polish, but it will sure as hell open those 5.0s up (especially the carbed ones). Or maybe ur track is off. ever run a mid 13 at another track? You seem to be seeing quite a bit of amazing numbers at your track. Even the LS1 guys will tell you at stock they cant hit 12s, and they are cocky as ****! Or maybe its one of those 3/16 tracks .
Jealous?
Jealous? Yes, in the same way I'm jealous of *a retard winning a spelling B* (just in case u didnt follow, that doesnt happen either.)

Old 02-07-2006, 04:01 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

At the Budwieser track in Edmonton, Ab I ran a 13.42 best with a stock 01 Stang Gt with catback,cai, and DR's, beat a 01 Cobra and a 00 CAmaro LT1 6 Sp...... ( ****ty Driver)

But I cant back that up with a slip that was back in 2001 and for some reason I dont keep my time slips tucked away for 5 years!

Dude its all about the variables, take it for what it is!
Old 02-07-2006, 04:03 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Actually my brother is a paraplegics from a drunk driver so I know all about how hight they can jump @sshole!
Old 02-07-2006, 04:04 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

Fact of the matter is all tracks are different, and there are a **** loads of tracks out there, of course times are going to be different! But he holds the time slip from that track showing that time...... RIGHT.....Therefore instead of everyone fighting about it run your car at that track so you can pick up some time and have slips to prove it instead of doubting or saying that track is the wrong length, every one assumes, short of going over there and measuring the damn track what can we do? He has laid all the proof! I dont boubt anyones knowledge or abilities, but my job is to see the facts...... and tell me now what do the facts point to?
You must have missed a major part of this thread. The argument started with the "I ran a 13.4, so I must be able to outdrive everyone in here." (that isnt a direct quote, so please, nobody say anything dumb about it). What we are saying is: a stock notch will not cross a flat measured 1/4 mile in the 13s. the "flat" and "measured" should be understood. I really dont like people acting like they are gods gift to the five speed because they have unrealistic numbers. same thing with dynoing. If you have dyno results that arent quite right, get it redone somewhere else. Dont go boasting to other people about it (refrence to a v6 thread last week, however the guy was cool and wasnt actually bragging about the numbers). If I was to run something unexpected like a 12 in my car, Id go to another track to check on it. I wouldnt say "well, I must just be a fantastic driver." people like that come across as a little ignorant. And, IMO, its a bad idea to run to a track with obviously wrong numbers. It really doesnt tell you anything, and isnt that the point of the track?
Old 02-07-2006, 04:07 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

It wasnt a shot at ur brother, and you know i wasnt out to offend you so chill. I think U know the point I was getting at. Just to be PC, is there another simile you would have me use?
Old 02-07-2006, 04:11 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

At the Budwieser track in Edmonton, Ab I ran a 13.42 best with a stock 01 Stang Gt with catback,cai, and DR's, beat a 01 Cobra and a 00 CAmaro LT1 6 Sp...... ( ****ty Driver)

But I cant back that up with a slip that was back in 2001 and for some reason I dont keep my time slips tucked away for 5 years!

THAT'S NOT STOCK!
Old 02-07-2006, 04:15 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Jealous? Yes, in the same way I'm jealous of (a retard in a spelling B maybe?)

This is too much bench racing for me...... and good job in running that time with way more mods than I had in my 01! And I know you had no idea about my bro its all good man!
Old 02-07-2006, 04:16 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

THAT'S NOT STOCK!
Your right Redass, you got me! Your such a smart pants....lol
Old 02-07-2006, 04:26 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

Ok, we seem to be getting a little off of the "off-topic" topic.... yeah, i think that all makes sense..... anyway. IMO, tracking a car isnt about where you can get the best time. The reason we have tracks is so we have a standard measuring system for any cars. If you do unusually well at one track, dont assume other people should be able to as well, because they might be at a slightly more legit track (and yes, i deem "legit" to be the proper word here). Moral of the story: after goldilocks ran the 13.4 while fleeing the three bears in her shiny red mustang, she decided that maybe certain circumstances outside of her control (including skill) were at play, and wont dog anyone for not doing the same.
And they all lived happily ever after. The End
Old 02-07-2006, 04:58 PM
Richfiero

well we wont be racing for awhile prob like may. also his car is stock and he didnt do anything to it because I do all the work on his cars. and we will race because we are arguing non stop who is going to win. but winter sucks and i have to wait.

Quick Reply: who will win 5.0 or srt4