5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

who will win 5.0 or srt4

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 07:48 AM
1slomofo

Default RE: who will win 5.0 or srt4

From a roll you will lose bad.
from a stop unless your car is tuned and you can launch you will lose stock for stock.
90% of the stock srt's i have seen at the track run 14.0 flat in the stock form.
Just dont forget that there are welfare mods he can do to his in stock form to "look"stock.
If he bends the arm a little on his wastegate and does the spring mod he will go from 11 pounds of boost to around 19 pound spike and probably hold 16 to redline still appearing stock.
COMING FROM AN X SRT OWNER.Ive owned a 88 blown stang and 94 gt currently.miss the srt but dont miss the payment.

[IMG]local://upfiles/26591/73A70745014447FAA154AF11FE568F67.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Quik
6th Gear Member

ive seen stock LS1s go 12s also. its all in the driver. you can get a 14s ls1.

also you live in Cali, i live in PGH and im not even at a fast track. a fast track around here is Cecil or Atco.
theres alot of ppl on corral that ran 13s in stangs with minimal mods like i have. if you dont believe me go look it up. dont argue cause you cant do it, just search and strive to do it yourself..

also magizine articles are corrected times!!!!!!!

in the end i ran what i did with the minimal mods i did. if you want to hate go right ahead but in the end i ran those times and will back them up again come spring with faster timeslips
ORIGINAL: HC_CrAzYHoRsE

ORIGINAL: SpecterGT260
225/3000= .075, and from what i can find. A 99-04 GT has 260hp/3237lbs= .0803
that 99-04 weight is a bit off, i've seen anywhere from 3000 to 3800 lbs on the net depending what site you check... the actual RACE weight for a 99-04 GT (from what i've seen with my own eyes) is around 3600lbs (let's say 3500 for a benefit of the doubt) hp/weight = 0.074 ...a non-option notch weights in at about 2950lbs (let's say a flat 3000lbs, again for the benefit of the doubt) hp/weight = 0.075 now let's calculate the best part, 99-04 GT TQ = 300, fox TQ = 300 ...99-04 tq/weight = 0.085, fox tq/weight = 0.1

...now i'm not saying a 13.38 makes sense because i've never seen it done but when you factor in weather, elevation yadda yadda yadda...i GUESS it could happen, so i wouldn't call BS on it. but saying a notch will not run a high 13 with nothing else than a steeper gear when it obviously has more hp/tq to weight than a low 14s 99-04 is ridiculous.

EDIT: Besides that, driver difference really only makes a noticable difference between sh!tty drivers and good drivers. You arent going to see a near second difference in time between a good driver and an excellent one. Maybe a couple tenths at best.
not to contradict you or anything because for the most part that statement is very true... but on SOME occasions i've seen some drivers not being able to break in the 14s with a stock fox, while others ran low 14s with the exact same car. i've also seen stock LS1s run low 14s when others were doing low 13s... the driver plays a huge part in the 1/4.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:06 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quik

look back afew months in this section. and search for a thread thats says stock 13.4 or something like that. most ppl in this section that has been around seen the video

call what you want but i got the slip

yes a good aggressive driver will see better results then average driver/good driver
know what you are talking about before calling **** on me

I want to see a video. I think these guys are being a little too nice. In my opinion, quick is full of ****, but I mean, opinions dont mean anything here, right? He wants to talk power/weight. He said his stock notch weighs about 3k, so 225/3000= .075, and from what i can find, 3.27 was the best axle ratio offered by ford. A 99-04 GT has 260hp/3237lbs= .0803. thi 99-04 GT also came with 3.27s. So, if u run a 13.3 "stock", what do the 99-04 stangs run around there?

EDIT: Besides that, driver difference really only makes a noticable difference between sh!tty drivers and good drivers. You arent going to see a near second difference in time between a good driver and an excellent one. Maybe a couple tenths at best.
Im not sasying you didnt run a 13.4, im saying you didnt do it with a 225hp car. and im going to stick by my claim that excellent driver - good driver = a couple of tenths, not a full second. By your reasoning, an automatic should be hitting high 13s at least, but no, the they are high 14s at best.
did you buy the car brand new off the lot? even gutting the cats will not get you the power you need to run a low 13. i think either something is in there you dont know about, or you have something you arent talking about.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:23 PM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

I agree with Specter, a STOCK Fox only hits about 90-92mph in the 1/4, and without suspension a 1.9 60ft is pretty tough, (I have hit a 2.00 when mine was stock so Ill give ya that) BUT in those slips, it says you are hitting 101MPH! That takes a lot more power to get it moving that fast.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:28 PM
mcfomco
3rd Gear Member

i just cant believe this post is still going and already off the topic of who will win now its if someones car is stock or not i will agree with whoever said anything not on the bill of sale or invoice is not stock and yes you can order some different gears in vehicle but 99% of them i have seen come through the dealership where i work is done in the shop at work they just order the gear set and install it there in house just from personal experience and what i have seen and installed thats just my 2 cents for what it is worth
Old 02-07-2006, 01:33 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

Alright quik, I did as you asked and watched your video. Nice run by the way. but no chance in hell that thing is stock, or even just lightly modded. The video showed you hitting a 2.2 60', there is no way you can bring it all back for a mid 13 on powershifting alone after a mediocre launch.
Now, I can take this either one of two ways. Either you are BSing us, or there is something you dont know. Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you arent lying to us. You seem like a pretty nice guy and all . I would bed a previous owener did a little light engine work. After all, you cant see a port and polish, but it will sure as hell open those 5.0s up (especially the carbed ones). Or maybe ur track is off. ever run a mid 13 at another track? You seem to be seeing quite a bit of amazing numbers at your track. Even the LS1 guys will tell you at stock they cant hit 12s, and they are cocky as ****! Or maybe its one of those 3/16 tracks .
Old 02-07-2006, 02:54 PM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 91hatchgt

I agree with Specter, a STOCK Fox only hits about 90-92mph in the 1/4, and without suspension a 1.9 60ft is pretty tough, (I have hit a 2.00 when mine was stock so Ill give ya that) BUT in those slips, it says you are hitting 101MPH! That takes a lot more power to get it moving that fast.
90-92 mph ? ...i've never seen one run so slow honeslty. stock they're usually between 97-99mph (around here at least) with nothing but full exhaust mine ran 101.2mph. as far as 60' go 1.9~2.0 with good street radials seems to be the norm.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:34 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Alright quik, I did as you asked and watched your video. Nice run by the way. but no chance in hell that thing is stock, or even just lightly modded. The video showed you hitting a 2.2 60', there is no way you can bring it all back for a mid 13 on powershifting alone after a mediocre launch.
Now, I can take this either one of two ways. Either you are BSing us, or there is something you dont know. Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you arent lying to us. You seem like a pretty nice guy and all . I would bed a previous owener did a little light engine work. After all, you cant see a port and polish, but it will sure as hell open those 5.0s up (especially the carbed ones). Or maybe ur track is off. ever run a mid 13 at another track? You seem to be seeing quite a bit of amazing numbers at your track. Even the LS1 guys will tell you at stock they cant hit 12s, and they are cocky as ****! Or maybe its one of those 3/16 tracks .
Jealous?
Old 02-07-2006, 03:45 PM
My85QuarterHorse

Its the track, Im convinced of that after the LS1 Info. Other stock Mustangs are running 13's there, now LS1's are running 12's.... Its the track. Everything is running 3/4 of a second faster at that track, either it is down hill, or their traps are off. Like I said, I put enough runs in a straight line at enough tracks that I have seen it all before. Sometimes the "local tracks" do that crap on purpose, when people's cars are running their best times at THAT track...they all keep going back. I'm pretty much like you now, Id like to see a video from a different track. Its like I said, we piggy backed the 68 all over the place, it ran 9.90's consistant everywhere. But at Thornhill all of a sudden its running 9.68's. And a short track shows a bigger difference the slower the car. A 10 second car will only pick up 2/10ths, but a 15 second car would pick up 2/3.... and you only have to move the traps 50 feet.

Im not saying it has to be a short track...but when all these cars are picking up 1/2 to 3/4 of a second at that track over what everyone else has seen them run at their local tracks....something is wrong with it.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:55 PM
schwindty
4th Gear Member

Fact of the matter is all tracks are different, and there are a **** loads of tracks out there, of course times are going to be different! But he holds the time slip from that track showing that time...... RIGHT.....Therefore instead of everyone fighting about it run your car at that track so you can pick up some time and have slips to prove it instead of doubting or saying that track is the wrong length, every one assumes, short of going over there and measuring the damn track what can we do? He has laid all the proof! I dont boubt anyones knowledge or abilities, but my job is to see the facts...... and tell me now what do the facts point to?

Quick Reply: who will win 5.0 or srt4