5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

How do you tune them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Chevy_Guy

Default How do you tune them?

I have a little experiance with burning PROM's and quite a bit of experiance with the OBD2 tuning with EFI Live. How do you tune a 91 GT?
Old 06-25-2010, 09:06 PM
luckythirteen13
6th Gear Member

have a chip burned for you are buy one of the many ems out there
Old 06-25-2010, 09:08 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Once you have enough mods to justify a tune, you bring it to a dyno shop, and they do it for you
Old 06-25-2010, 09:11 PM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

timing light for a stock 91 gt
Old 06-26-2010, 11:25 AM
Chevy_Guy

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
Once you have enough mods to justify a tune, you bring it to a dyno shop, and they do it for you
I guess I should have worded that a little different. What programs are out there to tune these cars? Do you still have to remove a PROM or is there a piggy back set up that will let you tune wile everything is still in the car. I won't just buy a "chip" or have some one make one for a car they have never seen or driven. Mods would be simple stuff like heads, cam, intake and exhaust. No internal motor work.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:28 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

and then you bring it to a dyno shop, they burn a chip, and install it in your ECM...

Whats so confusing about that?
Old 06-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Chevy_Guy

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
and then you bring it to a dyno shop, they burn a chip, and install it in your ECM...

Whats so confusing about that?

Is it the user name that has you agitated? I can run a dyno, I can read a wide band, I can tune it myself. I am just trying to find out what program is being used to do the job. There isnt a dyno with in 300 miles of here that will have anything to do with burning a chip so I have had to learn it all my self. My 4th post and I am having to defend myself allready.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:58 AM
TrimDrip
FudgeDrip

go with a moates quarterhorse and a program like binary editor.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:04 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by Chevy_Guy
Is it the user name that has you agitated? I can run a dyno, I can read a wide band, I can tune it myself. I am just trying to find out what program is being used to do the job. There isnt a dyno with in 300 miles of here that will have anything to do with burning a chip so I have had to learn it all my self. My 4th post and I am having to defend myself allready.
maybe if you had put out ALL of the information up front, it wouldnt have happened
Old 06-26-2010, 07:10 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Originally Posted by Chevy_Guy
Don't mind Adder, he is always like this. I have heard good things about Moats Quarter Horse, but have never used it. Other options are an Andersen PMS or a Tweecer.

Quick Reply: How do you tune them?