5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

1st impressions

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 12:28 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by uedlose
pusher fans wont fit due to innercooler and trans cooler I just put the Electric fan back on and will cycle it when driving for the time being until I can get it all worked out.
I did hook up the evc. system to one valve cover and it will still push the dip stick out with no lock down on it so I put a spring on it and no more pushing dip stick.
Evac. dont seem to pull to much at idle but it dont really need to so I need to drive the car and do a test but it does seem to help some but My 3.5 exhaust seems to be hindering it. I am looking into a different set up if this dont work out that sends the valve covers to a dump tank then routes the tank back to the turbo inlet.
Put well over 100 miles on the car yesterday and all is fine makes 5psi on the foot brake easily and will destroy the D/R taking off so that is much better then before. That converter is the ****.
bummer on the fans John, you'll get it soon enough
Old 06-09-2013, 05:21 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Well after all this time I think I maybe happy with the tune. LOL it has only been years LOL. Well not really I put a map sensor on the car so when it sees pressure it will enrich the A/F up and I do think I got it but thats only the low boost tune I need to make a high boost turn but that is gone to wait till I get some time and money up for race fuel to just burn up making test runs. but I dont think that is gone to be that hard to get worked out just move some timing around and add some fuel to the tune I got.
I must say the car runs pretty good just driving it around and smacking it every once in awhile with the D/R on it with the low boost setting I should never have to work on it LOL. But that low boost is not gone to last long.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:18 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Well getting ready to start in on the 15psi boost tune doing the math the pump should hold that without issues but not much more. The heating issues well I just put the electric fan back on. Just think I may move over to a A/W intercooler and be done with it. But that wont be till winter.
Talked with Rick Head @ Exile Turbos about the back pressure issues with the turbo and he said run it. it is not that bad as long as it was not sooting up the intake and would still make power when I turn up the boost which that is not a issue yet. other then that, change the turbo NOT HAPPENING!!!
Any how lets hope I dont pinch a head gasket working on the 15 psi tune for street gas.
Attached Thumbnails 1st impressions-dsc01453.jpg   1st impressions-dsc01455.jpg  
Old 06-21-2013, 11:49 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

^^You gonna be at the cruise in tonight John??
Old 06-25-2013, 02:17 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I'm super envious. The converter in my fox is too loose. I'm getting ready to tighten it up. Should be worth a couple hundred horsepower on my combo. I can't wait!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:10 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

I need to get to the track mine may be a bit lose on top but works well down low we will see. But I dont make the power you are by any shot. Who did your converter?
Old 06-26-2013, 09:26 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

. But I dont make the power you are by any shot.
lol......
Old 06-26-2013, 07:44 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I need to get to the track mine may be a bit lose on top but works well down low we will see. But I dont make the power you are by any shot. Who did your converter?
It's a TCT converter. We started with a 9" billet converter which I absolutely liquefied at 967rwtq on the first dyno pull. Then we put a 10" billet converter in there and it's holding up, but it stalls at 6000rpms and has 16% slip on the dyno.

They asked me to datalog a couple of passes and send it back to tighten it up. I'm hoping to do that within the next few weeks.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:11 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

I have seen lots of good about TCT even thought about calling them when I started looking for a new converter but settled with the Edge I got so far so good.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:59 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I have seen lots of good about TCT even thought about calling them when I started looking for a new converter but settled with the Edge I got so far so good.
I've been very happy with them. Good products, good communication, and they work FAST. They're waiting on me!

Note- the problem with the first converter was totally my fault. I *way* underestimated how much power I was going to make. Oops. So now we're just tweaking the second converter.

Quick Reply: 1st impressions