Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang > 5.0L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-05-2014, 11:51 PM   #1
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Ford Mustang GT
Default Steeda Firewall Clutch Adjuster

Hi Everyone.

So, I have an 88 Mustang GT, bone stock, and I just replaced the clutch. The pedal grabs about 0.5" off the floor, so I ordered the Steeda Firewall Clutch Adjuster, without reading that apparently it "Must be used with the Steeda Double Hook Quadrant...".

I'm not seeing why it would be required (other than for strength), and wasn't able to order it before now.

I'm wondering if anyone ever installed the firewall clutch adjuster without their double hook quadrant? It looks virtually identical to every other adjuster that I can find, so I'm wondering what the heck is so different about it that I need to use their quadrant, and have them installed at the same time.

Now, the car is currently at the shop (the clutch cable, which was new, failed as I was driving, and had to have it towed back), so while I have the adjuster in hand, I don't have the quadrant. I'm wondering if I can have them just install the adjuster, and the next time I have a chance, install the quadrant myself?

Thanks in advance for any light anyone can shed on the topic.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2000AZ5.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
64bit
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: Mustang

Absolutely does not need to be used with THEIR quadrant. it just shouldn't be used with the stock quadrant.

I personally suggest the steeda quick release. Do not buy multi-hook quadrants.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:59 PM   #3
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ford Mustang

What is your email address? I don't have the specifics to this question ... but I can put you in touch with Matt or Don who are Fox Body experts.

Send me an email to tim@steeda.com & I will ensure they follow up with you and help with your question.

Best Regards,
TJ
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:59 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement