Notices
5.0L GT S550 Tech This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the GT variation of the 2015+ Ford Mustang.

GT Performance Package

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 10:49 AM
iigneb

Originally Posted by boomer46
I'm retired also and don't track my pp GT nor will I be burning the rubber off the tires with this thing drag racing but she is my DD. I'm not into racing anymore, but have nothing against spirited driving once in awhile, esp if some rice rocket or someone is trying to get the best of my girl on the highway. With that said, the tires on this thing came off the lot way over inflated. The TPMS said 41 lbs. I've been out of town but will deflate them to 32-35 lbs once I get back next month. When I was driving it in April, the thing was dangerous in 40* weather to get on it. Big time wheel hop. I expect the deflating them and the 80-90* temps will be more to the summer tires liking. I have no clue on tire life on these Pirelli's. That would be determined how you drive it. I do want to get some all seasons on there for the winter. Missouri isn't noted for that much snow, like MI, MN or WI. I suspect all seasons will suffice.
I just got my car last week and my tires were at 40 pounds as well. weird...
Old 06-17-2015, 01:06 PM
cduballstars

I personally like the stance of the vehicle and there is a slight husky look to the overall car. The staggered tire width and the track suspension may give it that look. The PZero Summer only tires are terrible in sub 40* temps. I will say at higher speeds and cornering the PP comes in handy. Have not taken car to a track. My only gripe would be the spoiler delete option on the PP and the tires choice. The 19" black rims give the car a meaner look too.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:06 PM
OlPal
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cduballstars
I personally like the stance of the vehicle and there is a slight husky look to the overall car. The staggered tire width and the track suspension may give it that look. The PZero Summer only tires are terrible in sub 40* temps. I will say at higher speeds and cornering the PP comes in handy. Have not taken car to a track. My only gripe would be the spoiler delete option on the PP and the tires choice. The 19" black rims give the car a meaner look too.

The Black wheels are my only gripe about the PP, for 2016 they are fixing that with another wheel choice also !
They're still holding me out by not offering the PP with the Automatic Trans, heck i'd even be for the 3.55 gears if they think their Trans won't hold up!

I'm a 66 year old, not a Ricky Racer, I just want my Pony to Handle, Brake, & Perform Safer & better than their bean counter std. basic car!!

Old 06-21-2015, 07:09 AM
madweazl

The PP wheels are what made me go yellow vice ruby red (traded in my ruby '12). They looked bad on the ruby red but great on the yellow
Old 01-23-2017, 10:30 AM
SSlayer

its a no brainer,for 2500 bucks,the torsen diff is near that alone,the brembo brakes are near that too and are more than adequete.if you start modding kiss your warranty goodbye,just get the premium/performance package and youll be fine unless you like maxing out your credit cards with car payments,lol.(i know if you had the money you wouldnt be asking this)
Old 05-19-2017, 10:38 AM
Dentexman

Yes, get the PP!
Old 06-16-2017, 08:09 PM
nmatthes

I have a 2015 GT premium, performance package, 50th anniversary package, manual transmission, ruby red tri coat. Does anyone have a good guess as to how many of these were made? 45K GTs...8K manuals...5K premiums...few hundred w/50th...under 100 in ruby red...single digits w/o beeping bumper sensors. The first couple #s are fact, but last four are guesses. Your thoughts...
Old 06-16-2017, 08:39 PM
nmatthes

I ordered my 15 GT premium w/PP & 50th packages in ruby red (RR). Yellow was the most expensive color, but history proves that yellow cars sell used well under market value. Resell didn't drive my color decision, but all dealers know about the "resell red" factor. I was originally planning to go black, but black exterior, interior & wheels was too much. Personally I saw an RR ecoboost on the local lot that looked better than the GT's in other colors.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:59 PM
nmatthes

The 50th package on 2015 models is proving to be well worth the money. Dealers just didn't buy GT premiums with both PP & 50th packages, so they are EXTREMELY rare. In my opinion the bumper & mirror sensor options were a waste of money, but the enhanced security with keyless entry is well worth the few hundred extra. The doors will unlock automatically without even toughing the fob or handle.