Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!
View Poll Results: Kona Blue or Black
Kona Blue
68.42%
Black
31.58%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Kona Blue or Black?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 05:14 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrSandman
Pick it up tomorrow! Ordered Aug 2nd and was delivered to the dealership Friday evening...not too bad. Based on what I've read on the forums, I wasn't expecting it until October.
That is damn good actually. Even if you ordered it on the 2nd and actually got it in October.

The car I bought was actually bought by some guy who placed the custom order for it in May (MAY! Over 5 months ago) and he went and bought anotehr 'Stang somewhere else because he got tired of waiting.
When I went to the dealer, I gave them the specs I wanted, and Lo! This one was on the train from the Ford factory at the time I signed the papers. A couple of weeks later, the car came off the train and was unloaded from the truck right onto the Dealer sales lot for me to pick up.
So new was the car that the dealer didn't even have time to put their dealer logo on it! Good thing too, I paid over $30K to that dealer. I'll be damned before my car becomes a rolling advertisement for them too. If the dealer wants me to advertise for them, they can PAY ME for the right to put their logo on my car; similar to how sponsors have their logos on the cars of the drivers they sponsor.

I digress; when I picked up my car, that Kona Blue Metallic was just beautiful! I thought it would be a much darker color, but it was not; it was just perfect in my eyes.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:16 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I've noticed that the most "purple" part of the car is the rear decklid. I think blacking out the tail lights and adding a decklid panel will help a little.
Oh, and that purple is one of the reasons why I really like the color! The way the light hits it and how it purples-out at those spots makes it just gorgeous.

Blacked out your lights I think would really accent that overall Kona Blue color.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:46 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Oh, and that purple is one of the reasons why I really like the color! The way the light hits it and how it purples-out at those spots makes it just gorgeous.

Blacked out your lights I think would really accent that overall Kona Blue color.
I'm not really into stripes...but was thinking black stripes would look great with this color. Who knows. I'll give it about 6 months then decide. I've already bought a CDC chin for the car (been sitting in my garage)...so I figure I should get used to the car before I do any more appearance mods. I'd really like to lower it about an inch too
Old 09-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Rebel302
1st Gear Member

Questions:

Those who have the Brembo Package... how are the tires in the rain?

No problems in the rain. Drove through alot of rain from the remnants of a tropical storm with no traction issues. Love the brakes!
Old 09-13-2010, 11:15 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rebel302
No problems in the rain. Drove through alot of rain from the remnants of a tropical storm with no traction issues. Love the brakes!
That same wannabe hurricane came up to my part too. Dumped a whole lot of water, then went to Dallas,an then finally blew north to Oklahoma and Arkansas.

Sucks really, 'cause my beautiful Kona Blue was covered with rain spots and dirt from other cars kicking up wet crap on the road from the rains. Kona blue does not look as nice with dirt and crap stiking to it. You lose the luster and the purple-ing out of the sunlight.

I had to give my car a good washing, and sure enough, I had it shining like brand new again.