Notices
5.0L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about the 'Coyote' engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

How fast will the 5.0 go?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 06:11 PM
MadisonGT

Any updates?

I took my 60whp Geo Metro for a top speed run today, 92mph, it made me think of this thread.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:49 PM
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

well I though it sounded good, anyway.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:02 PM
carguygt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadisonGT
Any updates?

I took my 60whp Geo Metro for a top speed run today, 92mph, it made me think of this thread.
what mods do you have? lmao
Old 10-17-2010, 08:31 PM
MadisonGT

Originally Posted by carguygt
what mods do you have? lmao
baha

Cam, timing, porting, 11:1 compression, balanced and blue printed.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:47 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Boozshey
I had a big long response put together to tear him apart... But was in a good mood so I deleted it... haha
Well don't be in too good of a mood now... We're gonna miss in some good fun I'm afraid.
You'll be proud of me as well, I did the same thing, lol.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:08 PM
lawman1
1st Gear Member

Ok am I to understand that some of you are really doing this on a US Highway (op i understand your in germany not directed at you) going that fast on a PUBLIC HIGHWAY !! WTF is wrong with you ****tards ! Take that **** to a track. Not only are you looking like an *** hat out there and giving mustang owners every were a bad name but your indangering the lives of others for what... Again.. Just amazed at how Fckn stupid people really are !
What is wIth all the hypermoralizing on this thread about driving too fast. Every person on here drives too fast. That is why we have these damn cars. And anyone here who says he doesn't is full of cr#%. As to driving fast on the public highway. There are back roads in this country where you can do it without endangering anyone but yourself. I assume that anyone taking it over 100mph is utilizing one of these many roads. When I had my vorteched 06, I was on a road in the central valley of California in the middle of miles of fields with nobody and I mean NOBODY in sight and you bet your a*# I opened it up and pegged the Speedo. I'm glad I did it. It was fun. I'm gonna do it again. I assume everyone here is an adult and responsible. And also to those disrespectful posters don't be calling anybody an f#*% idiot unless you are ready to back it up with your fists. That disrespect is unacceptable to me. If anybody does that to me I will give you my address and phone number and I will arrange for a time to meet and discuss the disrespect man to man. I thank the original poster for his post. What he did was completely legal where he did it. And if he felt safe enough to do it, i defer to his judgment. STOP THE NAME CALLING AND DISRESPECTING!
Old 10-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lawman1
And also to those disrespectful posters don't be calling anybody an f#*% idiot unless you are ready to back it up with your fists. That disrespect is unacceptable to me. If anybody does that to me I will give you my address and phone number and I will arrange for a time to meet and discuss the disrespect man to man. I thank the original poster for his post. What he did was completely legal where he did it. And if he felt safe enough to do it, i defer to his judgment. STOP THE NAME CALLING AND DISRESPECTING!
Old 10-23-2010, 03:50 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

What is wIth all the hypermoralizing on this thread about driving too fast. Every person on here drives too fast. That is why we have these damn cars. And anyone here who says he doesn't is full of cr#%. As to driving fast on the public highway. There are back roads in this country where you can do it without endangering anyone but yourself. I assume that anyone taking it over 100mph is utilizing one of these many roads. When I had my vorteched 06, I was on a road in the central valley of California in the middle of miles of fields with nobody and I mean NOBODY in sight and you bet your a*# I opened it up and pegged the Speedo. I'm glad I did it. It was fun. I'm gonna do it again. I assume everyone here is an adult and responsible. And also to those disrespectful posters don't be calling anybody an f#*% idiot unless you are ready to back it up with your fists. That disrespect is unacceptable to me. If anybody does that to me I will give you my address and phone number and I will arrange for a time to meet and discuss the disrespect man to man. I thank the original poster for his post. What he did was completely legal where he did it. And if he felt safe enough to do it, i defer to his judgment. STOP THE NAME CALLING AND DISRESPECTING!
Wow, sorry about your small *****. We'll all respect your authority and watch our manners from now on. Thanks for showing us the way, the truth, and the light.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Taskiss
1st Gear Member

STOP THE NAME CALLING AND DISRESPECTING!
Is this where you start screaming "Leave Britney alone!" or does that come later?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc
Old 10-23-2010, 06:59 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Taskiss
Is this where you start screaming "Leave Britney alone!" or does that come later?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc
lol, now that's funny right there

Quick Reply: How fast will the 5.0 go?