AmericanMuscle.com Premier store carries over 1000 Mustang parts and accessories. Features the largest mustang wheel selection available and offers free mount and balance with tire purchases. Committed to expert customer support, great prices and fast, free shipping!

Gen 5 Taillights Already Sold Out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lem-06
*snip*

would like to say thanks to Dan and AM for being such a great company and having such great looking products hitting the website for our cars.

Havnt been able to stop drooling over my set
Looks good with the blackout panel. I think unless you've got a stripe or something going on, these look better with a blackout panel. I think I'm gonna go CDC on mine.
Old 11-06-2013, 12:08 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gary Ugarek
Just need them for the 10-12 model years and all will be right as rain
I wish Raxiom had a set for the 10-12 guys too! There's certainly a lot of interest in them, but unfortunately Raxiom ran into a few issues when looking into the 10-12 fitments. As far as we know, they won't be producing a set for 10-12 model years. Sorry for bear the bad news!

Shane

Originally Posted by Lem-06

would like to say thanks to Dan and AM for being such a great company and having such great looking products hitting the website for our cars.

Havnt been able to stop drooling over my set
They practically look OEM on your GT! That's a great shot you shared, especially with the dim lighting to show of the LED's. It's good to see how much your enjoying them!

Shane

Originally Posted by astentine
Lem, those lights are great!

I can't wait until they come back in stock. Maybe they'll be back in stock just in time for Black Friday *hint hint AM...*
I hope they are! We're trying to have more delivered ASAP. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping a few deliveries arrive sooner than expected!

Shane

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Looks good with the blackout panel. I think unless you've got a stripe or something going on, these look better with a blackout panel. I think I'm gonna go CDC on mine.
The gloss blackout panel adds a nice touch. I agree it compliments the Gen5 lights much better than a painted panel. Lem-06's GT is sporting them perfectly!

Shane
Old 11-06-2013, 01:07 PM
IndecisiveS197
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
Sorry you spent your money on a phone. At least now you can save up again and maybe the taillights will be in stock for you by Xmas and Santa will bring you some if you're a good little boy.
I'm not sorry at all.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:58 AM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

Wow so they r leaving the people that REALLY asked for it out? Honestly sucks been waiting ever since AM announced that they spoke to raxiom awhile back...honestly looks like they just wanted to make a product for the bigger market 05 to 09 instead of 10 to 12.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:34 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CubanoGT
Wow so they r leaving the people that REALLY asked for it out? Honestly sucks been waiting ever since AM announced that they spoke to raxiom awhile back...honestly looks like they just wanted to make a product for the bigger market 05 to 09 instead of 10 to 12.
We absolutely had no intentions of leaving anyone out. I can assure you that! We talked to Raxiom first about making these lights for the 10-12 crowd because of the requests. Raxiom came across quite a few complications during the R&D work and decided to cease the project, unfortunately. After that point, they picked up the idea of an 05-09 set and moved forward.

I do want to apologize. I understand how frustrating it is to not have a 10-12 set. I know even AMDanBailer wishes he had a set for his 2011 GT! The good news is things are always changing and it's not unlikely that Raxiom may find a way to produce these lights down the road!

Shane
Old 11-07-2013, 01:21 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Don't the 13 lights fit on the 10-12s? I mean, not perfect, but close enough. I think it would be easier to make a small piece of plastic to fill the gap at the bumper than build a whole set of lights.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:25 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Interesting. Raxiom can make 05-09 lights for 10-12 models but cant make 13 style. Not sure I buy into that. Doesn't make sense.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:53 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Don't the 13 lights fit on the 10-12s? I mean, not perfect, but close enough. I think it would be easier to make a small piece of plastic to fill the gap at the bumper than build a whole set of lights.
That could always be a possibility. Depending how the plastic piece fitted and didn't stand out. This could be something to look into for sure!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Shane

Originally Posted by kzonts
Interesting. Raxiom can make 05-09 lights for 10-12 models but cant make 13 style. Not sure I buy into that. Doesn't make sense.
kzonts,

I'm assuming you're referring to the Raxiom Aero tail lights? Although they're somewhat similar to the 05-09 tails, they're very different too. With the Aero's protruding lens and full width reverse light.

I think the 10-12 guys are more looking for a close '13 styled replica tail light than a vague referenced style. At least that's my impression. I do see where you're coming from though!

Shane
Old 11-07-2013, 04:57 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
That could always be a possibility. Depending how the plastic piece fitted and didn't stand out. This could be something to look into for sure!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Shane

kzonts,

I'm assuming you're referring to the Raxiom Aero tail lights? Although they're somewhat similar to the 05-09 tails, they're very different too. With the Aero's protruding lens and full width reverse light.

I think the 10-12 guys are more looking for a close '13 styled replica tail light than a vague referenced style. At least that's my impression. I do see where you're coming from though!

Shane
Yeah, I have a set of them and certainly like them. Obviously I don't have a clue regarding the fitment issues you mentioned. I'm not knocking AM. You guys rock!

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:36 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

I respect AM I'm not frustrated with u guys just raxiom... Actually would like to thank you guys for trying.. In regards about getting a 13 taillight for my 12 it ain't happening I am not paying a thousand dollars to have a product with a gap.

Quick Reply: Gen 5 Taillights Already Sold Out?