Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Audio/Visual Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #1
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

Vehicle: 2006,Ford,Mustang
Default Dynamat s197 door panel

I will soon be deadening the door panels in my 2006 and I wanted to know how to do it. Do I remove all of the plastic? Do I cover the wires to a certain extent? I've looked everywhere so far and cannot find the answer. Please help. Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
NuclearMuscle523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
ttocs
6th Gear Member

you will need to remove the door panels as well as the thinner plastic vapor barrier to get to the metal to attach it too. As for brands I used dynamat in my mustang, and a newer and imo better brand called second skin in my truck. The second skin is thicker and just better in almost everyway. The entry level stuff is the same as dynamat extreme and the damplifier pro blows it away.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2395420/8

I did my truck more recently and took a little more time in sound damping to take care of road noise and rattles. I put a couple of strips of the material on the inside of the door skin to attach the thin skin to the metal door frame. In one of the pics you can see the silver damping(not dampENing) material inside the holes inside the door. After that I then used 1/4" closed cell foam(second skin as well) on top of the damplifier to give one more barrier to stop road/tire noise. After that was done I then put a solid later to cover all the holes in the doors that the vapor barrier use to cover. This will help to make an enclosure out of the door and seperate the forward and reverse sound waves and make a HUGE difference.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3237206/4

now when you knock on the outside of the doors it sounds like a wood door. The difference between the fender and the doors is just incredible but I did put alot of time and money into them....
Old 10-01-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
NuclearMuscle523
SCAM ALERT! This person is known around the internet for ripping people off. You've been warned.

Wow, thanks for your super detailed response.
What did you do to that woofer? I was also planing on trashing that pos.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #4
ttocs
6th Gear Member

which woofer?
Old 10-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
NuclearMuscle523

The one in the door panel?
Old 10-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #6
ttocs
6th Gear Member

I assume that the baffle/enclosure in the mustangs door? it is a piece of mdf that allows the 6.5" speaker to mount into the factory 5 x 7" speaker hole. The enclosure is nothing more then reinforced tupperware(with the sound damping), but it does the job of both keeping the woofer dry and making a sealed enclosure to help the bass/mid-bass.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #7
NuclearMuscle523

oh, you have an sn95 im assuming.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #8
ttocs
6th Gear Member

yup, a 94 gt that use to have the mach system.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:13 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
05, 2009, buy, dampening, door, dynamat, ford, group, install, mustang, mustant, panel, roush, s197, sound