Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Audio/Visual Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 10-27-2010, 01:10 AM   #11
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1965 Mustang Fastback
Send a message via Yahoo to Iskwezm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentavolvo View Post
the number of cars you tests has nothing to do with the amount of current the accessory lead for a radio will pull they are completely irrelevent
How many cars have you been in recently and did a current draw test? 5? 10? 0?or are you just giving your opinion on what you think.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2006 Mustang Gt 'Vert-12 sec. daily driver-sold
2006 F250 PSD,9"lift,37's on 20's,King coilovers,air ride,Gearheads 120hp tune,Phoenix Gold 6600 watts,4 12's
1965 FASTBACK-Modified Mustang 2012 cover
http://www.mustangandfords.com/featu...own/index.html
Iskwezm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:35 AM   #12
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Bullitt #6451

I get it. In a optimal setting, I would install the Pac C2R-FRD1 module and have the radio installed correctly.

Problem is...it is $80-100 + shipping almost everywhere you look.

or, you can wire the radio "wrong" by using a add-along fuse that poses no danger...and spend maybe $5. I got lucky and found a used C2R-FRD1 module for $35 shipped. So I bought it for the wifes vehicle. If I find another one for that price, I will buy it also. But until then I'll use the el-cheapo method.

damn I sound preachy. sorry

2006 F-250 Lariat CrewCab 6.0 PSD | 2008 Expedition EL Limited
7" Donahoe Racing Lift w/ 35" BFG's | Bone Stock
Tylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 06:12 AM   #13
pentavolvo
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 05 Gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskwezm View Post
How many cars have you been in recently and did a current draw test? 5? 10? 0?or are you just giving your opinion on what you think.

it has nothing to do with the actual vehicle it has to do with the aftermarket radio and the current it draws on the turn on the accessory/ignition lead. You dont even have to go in a vehicle you could line up 20 aftermarket radios on a test bench with a 12v supply and a meter and test it.
pentavolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:26 PM   #14
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentavolvo View Post
it has nothing to do with the actual vehicle it has to do with the aftermarket radio and the current it draws on the turn on the accessory/ignition lead. You dont even have to go in a vehicle you could line up 20 aftermarket radios on a test bench with a 12v supply and a meter and test it.
So you test a radio on a bench with a 12v supply that has a constant regulated supply and that will give you the current draw,not the same as being in a vehicle. If you reread my original post, i said to make sure the circuit can handle the extra load. Some people tap into a low current circuit, all radios do not draw the same.So now the radio is tapped into a circruit that sees a additional load it cant hadle because the person installing it found a circuit with RAP power. Your arguing a point that has nothing to do with what originally posted. We have seen many vehicles from so called "installers" that knew what they are doing and damged something else durring the process.

2006 F250 PSD,9"lift,37's on 20's,King coilovers,air ride,Gearheads 120hp tune,Phoenix Gold 6600 watts,4 12's
Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #15
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylus View Post
I get it. In a optimal setting, I would install the Pac C2R-FRD1 module and have the radio installed correctly.

Problem is...it is $80-100 + shipping almost everywhere you look.

or, you can wire the radio "wrong" by using a add-along fuse that poses no danger...and spend maybe $5. I got lucky and found a used C2R-FRD1 module for $35 shipped. So I bought it for the wifes vehicle. If I find another one for that price, I will buy it also. But until then I'll use the el-cheapo method.

damn I sound preachy. sorry
im not here to sell our parts, i get nothing from it. Being in the position that im in, i have some information that most people dont have access too, so i figured i would share it if would save somebody some trouble.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2010, acc, aftermarket, bench, bus, canbus, ford, install, mustang, phoenix, power, radio, stereo, turn, wire