Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

2011 Mustang V6 -- replacing regular stock sound system

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 11:25 PM
solidhadriel
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mtflyboy25
I feel you on the budget man, I am at college too, just turned 21.. But I sold my 91 Camaro Z28 for a 3k profit and used the whole thing essentially on my system haha... If you are ever in Colorado let me know and I will give you a ride and a listen haha.. Songs like Love Lockdown will make you go deaf for several minutes with the base turned up and the volume high, but with it set at flat and amp tuned which it is normally, I can play Metal, Country, or Classic with perfection.. It is amazing and I love it haha! I love putting together these systems... Take lots of pictures so I can live it again haha..
Awesome man! To be honest, yes I AM jealous of your setup. And NICE car by the way.

I'll be sure to take some pics.

So far, this is all I have...

Funny thing! I just read this review from Crutchfield on the speakers I bought:
I recently installed this in my 2010 Mustang, and they sound great. I am using the
Shaker 500 system, which has enough power to provide clean and clear sound with
good bass response. Although the rear deck install was very time consuming, the
Mastersheets from the 2005-2009 mustang are close enough to finish the project. The
sound in the car has a very significant improvement and I now want to drive anywhere
just to listen to the awesome sound from these speakers! Definitely suggest this
speaker to work with the Shaker units and also keep a the budget under control for
better sound.

Last edited by solidhadriel; 12-08-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:58 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

I've got a set I just pulled from my other vehicle. I'm going to start listing some of the parts on ebay. This setup will easily start a trickle of blood from your ears if you like loud. The parts are quite a bit more than you're pricing out though.

I agree with mtflyboy25. Do it right the first time.
  • JL Audio CleanSweep
  • Front Doors - JL Audio ZR570-CSi
  • Rear Doors - JL Audio C5-570
  • Sub - JL Audio 10w7 ProWedge
  • Amps - JL Audio HD600/4 & HD750/1

I've already test fit the amp rack and it's a direct fit for the Mustang. Quick and easy way to hide 1350 watts.

Last edited by wrxified; 12-10-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:19 PM
solidhadriel
1st Gear Member

Nice setup!

I finally finished my install after working on my car for nearly 48 hours. I installed all new Kenwoods in the front and rear panels, along with the kenwood amp and the MTX Re-Q5 sound processor. The music sounds great at low volumes, and it seems as if the MTX is cutting off sound at higher volume levels and distorts, so I still have some tuning to do, but the volume does get loud enough to really enjoy the music and feel it. I'm loving it!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:36 PM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

This past Sunday I had a sub woofer and amp installed. I now want moar! I will be going in tomorrow to get two 8" subs in my door panels I will take pics. I still have Factory Shaker 5
Old 12-18-2010, 10:57 AM
solidhadriel
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by T8Stanggt
This past Sunday I had a sub woofer and amp installed. I now want moar! I will be going in tomorrow to get two 8" subs in my door panels I will take pics. I still have Factory Shaker 5
Wait...You got a sub installed, and now you want MORE subs??!!

What size sub did you get installed?
Old 12-19-2010, 06:21 PM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

I didnt get the subs in my door yet I'll have to wait a week maybe two. I got a 12" TS85 and MTX TE801D Amp i will be getting hush mat installed as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsGv9j69q7s
Old 12-19-2010, 08:59 PM
pentavolvo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by T8Stanggt
I didnt get the subs in my door yet I'll have to wait a week maybe two. I got a 12" TS85 and MTX TE801D Amp i will be getting hush mat installed as well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsGv9j69q7s
what song?
Old 12-20-2010, 09:01 AM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

Lil Wayne right above it
Old 12-20-2010, 09:12 AM
solidhadriel
1st Gear Member

Oh I see, so you're replacing the shaker system. Does your 12 not kick hard enough?

The way I see it, if you get one good sub, it should really outproduce the others and not create a need/desire to upgrade the smaller door ones. (Then again, I do not have the Shaker system, just the weak stock setup). I think I'll be adding a powerful sub in the next 6-8 months along with maybe a new headunit. The sound processor was a great idea, but I have audiophile-like ears, and I hear a hiss that is produced from it (granted, a VERY subtle hiss, but its still there) that no one else hears. I've adjusted my gains appropriately and have learned that it sounds like the stock HU is creating that noise, and regardless of what I do, it still gets amplified.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:14 PM
T8Stanggt
3rd Gear Member

I will be jetting 2 JL 8W1 subs in the doors some hertz speakers for clarity. The speaker i have is pushing 750 watts I am pleased to say the least.

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang V6 -- replacing regular stock sound system