CAROLINA CHAT

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:16 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lpcard
That's not a Baja. THIS is a Baja!
LOL!

(it's supposed to be my daily driver, I bought it a week before I got the 'stang and I've put 5K less miles on it than I have on the pony.)
No no no no no, you got it all wrong!

That is the real Baja, or at least the one my car is named after. Her name is Amber Heard, but she is Baja in the movie Never Back Down. When I ended up with a Cali Special...Baja just seemed fitting.

Justin has also named my guitar Amber...although I'm not condoning that name just yet...at least until I can play the thing.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:01 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Well that was a bit of a pain, but I sent out PMs, Visitor Messages, or emails to everyone on our member list...hopefully that rouses a bit of interest in the T-Shirts as well as gets me some email addresses so I don't have to do that again...

It's interesting how many of our members are still active on this forum, but they just don't check the chapter section...or they don't post, just look. Oh well though, can't do much about that.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:19 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HT
No no no no no, you got it all wrong!

That is the real Baja, or at least the one my car is named after. Her name is Amber Heard, but she is Baja in the movie Never Back Down. When I ended up with a Cali Special...Baja just seemed fitting.

Justin has also named my guitar Amber...although I'm not condoning that name just yet...at least until I can play the thing.
hummm.. Amber Rigsby.. Does have a nice ring to it. No doubt Justin would be walking to the next GTG. Do you know yet when your Baja is getting her face lift. Can't wait to see the new body parts.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:56 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
hummm.. Amber Rigsby.. Does have a nice ring to it. No doubt Justin would be walking to the next GTG. Do you know yet when your Baja is getting her face lift. Can't wait to see the new body parts.
I can only dream about that one haha.

That one is to be announced...the planned timeline is that I should be ordering the parts in the next 2 weeks. I hope that works out. We'll see. I have no idea how long the install and stuff will take after that...shouldn't be too long I wouldn't assume.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:31 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

I think I like your baja better...
Old 07-29-2011, 01:11 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

Haha, the only Baja that I can consider mine is the Redfire GT/CS sitting in the driveway...although I'm sure that is what you were talking about anyways .
Old 07-29-2011, 06:43 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

I'm with you Larry. Look at the grill and headlights on that unit!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 10:32 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by HT
I don't know of anything permanent...I know the Clemson Sports Car Club has an autocross event once a month or so, and it's a sanctioned event and everything, just set up in one of the local parking lots.

I'm not sure of anywhere that has AutoX as a daily event...but I'm sure those places exist.
Just curious... because if i do move down, wanted to find one of those kind of places. I'm liking em more then the strip honestly after doing one now.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:23 PM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
Just curious... because if i do move down, wanted to find one of those kind of places. I'm liking em more then the strip honestly after doing one now.
The Tarheel Sports Car Club does a lot of autocrossing, they have several tracks that they frequent. Might give them a look: http://www.thscc.com/
Old 08-01-2011, 12:02 PM
sonicx
speed'n

The Tarheel Sports Car Club does a lot of autocrossing, they have several tracks that they frequent. Might give them a look: http://www.thscc.com/
Thanks... definately will book mark that website for future knowledge.

Quick Reply: CAROLINA CHAT