Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

CAROLINA CHAT

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 11:31 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I may begin posting a picture of Amber whenever this thread reaches a new page. She brightens my day every time I open this thread haha.

So...I'm getting new brake pads and rotors...can't decide on rotors yet. With the 20s...they are really visible. I had Rotorpro rotors on my V6 and they seemed fine...but I don't know the differences between expensive rotors and cheap ones as far as performance.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:06 AM
sonicx
speed'n

How about EBC yellow stuff brake pads with EBC's front rotors
$433 at summit racing.com???

I know everyone's seems to be a fan of HAWK pads. There good n all but truth be told there old technology within the auto-x community/street racers (at least in the mid-west). The new king of kings is EBC (yellow or blue) stuff. It's a bit more expensive then hawk but lasts longer, can hold higher heat temps, and responses quicker.

With rotors, i'd go just with blank rotors honestly. EBC, powerslot, Motorcraft works fine.

The key lies within the lines and the type of fluid you use. You could go cheaper on pads/rotors but you need to buy quality braided steel lines & top brake fluid.

Last edited by sonicx; 08-02-2011 at 11:08 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:43 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

I got HAWK HPS pads and Rotorpro rotors for now. I got the Rotorpros for $220 (all 4) so if they crack and whatnot...it's not a huge deal as long as I notice it. A lot of people on this forum swear by them, and they were fine last time I had them.

The HAWK pads...well, we'll see. I already ordered them and then second guessed it, but they can't be too bad...I'll live with them for a while. Everything will look better at the very least, any performance gains will be an added bonus.

Out of all those PMs I sent out...I may have gotten 10-15 responses...crazy, especially considering I know for a fact some of the people that I sent them out to are active on the forum...I don't see how you don't notice the PM notification, or else they just ignored it. If that's the case, whatever, but we just need more shirt orders haha.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:33 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

HT.. Keep the faith. Baja and the rest of us are counting on you. I'll pay a little more for the shirts if it helps to get the word out.

Last edited by SHOHORSE; 08-03-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Brighton07GTCS
1st Gear Member

i just put my order in for 2 shirts like 3min ago hahah. i'm excited to see all this come together
Old 08-10-2011, 09:04 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Just ordered my front end. Should be here soon. Gotta wait for my next paycheck to get the side skirts and rear though.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:19 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

Front end is backordered, but I'm hoping it gets here at the end of this week. Rotors have taken forever to come in, but they should be here Thursday. I'll install them then, but I won't get the front end on before I have to head to school unfortunately.

It will either be a weekend thing, or I'll have to find a shop down near Clemson, or wait until fall break.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:24 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Hey HT... If you are doing this forum, Fantasy Football, working on the CS and going back to Clemson, What are you doing with your spare time? That's right, T-shirts. LOL
Thank's for keeping this thing on the move.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:58 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Rotors and front end shipped today. Everything will be here Friday, so at least I'll get to drool over the front end before I head to school. Lot's of work to be done this weekend though to get the car ready for school...not to mention getting myself ready for school.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:07 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by HT
Just ordered my front end. Should be here soon. Gotta wait for my next paycheck to get the side skirts and rear though.
Prepainted or are you having someone else paint them? Never-the-less post some pics of finished front (upon installment).

Quick Reply: CAROLINA CHAT