~ On Topic threads please! - Page 3 - MustangForums.com



Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #21
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member
 
Soldier GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MO/ Born and raised in Louisiana
Posts: 10,693
Default

You guys are crazy.. Now back to the topic... Ugh, what topic are we talking about??
Soldier GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:30 AM   #22
DK Pony
4th Gear Member
 
DK Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Close Enough
Posts: 1,350
Default

Did someone say.....(all together now) sc00ps!!
DK Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #23
alan0614
6th Gear Member
 
alan0614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GTvert View Post
You guys could make one thread titled "chat" or something..some tech sections have something like that to keep the jibber jabber contained.
Those attempts have gone over like a fart in a diviing helmet, a lead balloon.................well you get the idea.
alan0614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #24
Widow Maker
5th Gear Member
 
Widow Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bessemer City, NC
Posts: 2,273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan0614 View Post
Those attempts have gone over like a fart in a diviing helmet, a lead balloon.................well you get the idea.
Like a fart in church..... LOL
Widow Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #25
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member
 
SHOHORSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 3,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GTvert View Post
You guys could make one thread titled "chat" or something..some tech sections have something like that to keep the jibber jabber contained.
We already have that...That's where we talk about tech stuff...LOL..

Truth is, This forum has brought together a group of people from all walks of life, with a common interest.(That's what most forums do) Our regional forum has given birth to a group of friends that are much more than cyber names and images.(Most forums don't) We physically shake hands, work on each others cars, meet at locations across two and sometimes three states. In short, we are a family now and we act like it. This forum could disappear with a key stroke, not so my Mustang family. This forum is a great way to share ideas, events, and laughs between our many GTG's. Mustang Forums is a great place to talk to other Mustang people about our passion. Carolina Regional chapter is a great place to join our family of real people, real fun and an obvious inability to stay on topic . Just saying
SHOHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #26
Jeffk
6th Gear Member
 
Jeffk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!
Posts: 7,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOHORSE View Post
We already have that...That's where we talk about tech stuff...LOL..

Truth is, This forum has brought together a group of people from all walks of life, with a common interest.(That's what most forums do) Our regional forum has given birth to a group of friends that are much more than cyber names and images.(Most forums don't) We physically shake hands, work on each others cars, meet at locations across two and sometimes three states. In short, we are a family now and we act like it. This forum could disappear with a key stroke, not so my Mustang family. This forum is a great way to share ideas, events, and laughs between our many GTG's. Mustang Forums is a great place to talk to other Mustang people about our passion. Carolina Regional chapter is a great place to join our family of real people, real fun and an obvious inability to stay on topic . Just saying
Exactly!

And as far as the confusion or difficulty finding out the facts of the thread, most of us that start threads about GTG's post the pertinent information in the very first post so that anyone who happens across the thread and wants to know where, what and when can find it without having to read through 15 pages of us having a good time. I mean could we seriously have 15 pages of us talking about Harolds latest exhaust or the parts that JJ installed on someone's ride or Jason's latest wheel, suspension, exhaust or how badass someones car is? Not likely but we all comment on the real meat of the topic for the first few pages and then we have fun. This has all been discussed at length before sometimes very vehemently, think back to the Family Feud right before Dana's install GTG.

I don't know about everyone else but I come here to "hangout", shoot the **** and live vicariously through those who have lots of $$ to throw at their cars. Oh and to laugh at JJ's Typos....
Jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #27
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member
 
Sleeper_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raeford, NC - Where if it ain't broke, we fix it!
Posts: 11,634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GTvert View Post
You guys could make one thread titled "chat" or something..some tech sections have something like that to keep the jibber jabber contained.
got one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier GT View Post
You guys are crazy.. Now back to the topic... Ugh, what topic are we talking about??
yes we are.....and I have no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOHORSE View Post
We already have that...That's where we talk about tech stuff...LOL..

Truth is, This forum has brought together a group of people from all walks of life, with a common interest.(That's what most forums do) Our regional forum has given birth to a group of friends that are much more than cyber names and images.(Most forums don't) We physically shake hands, work on each others cars, meet at locations across two and sometimes three states. In short, we are a family now and we act like it. This forum could disappear with a key stroke, not so my Mustang family. This forum is a great way to share ideas, events, and laughs between our many GTG's. Mustang Forums is a great place to talk to other Mustang people about our passion. Carolina Regional chapter is a great place to join our family of real people, real fun and an obvious inability to stay on topic . Just saying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffk View Post
Exactly!

And as far as the confusion or difficulty finding out the facts of the thread, most of us that start threads about GTG's post the pertinent information in the very first post so that anyone who happens across the thread and wants to know where, what and when can find it without having to read through 15 pages of us having a good time. I mean could we seriously have 15 pages of us talking about Harolds latest exhaust or the parts that JJ installed on someone's ride or Jason's latest wheel, suspension, exhaust or how badass someones car is? Not likely but we all comment on the real meat of the topic for the first few pages and then we have fun. This has all been discussed at length before sometimes very vehemently, think back to the Family Feud right before Dana's install GTG.

I don't know about everyone else but I come here to "hangout", shoot the **** and live vicariously through those who have lots of $$ to throw at their cars. Oh and to laugh at JJ's Typos....
Steve and Jeff....well put.
Sleeper_GT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #28
HT
5th Gear Member
 
HT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 2,212
Default

I do my best to keep things structured and at least lead people in the right direction when they first get into this section of the forum. At the same time, this isn't a tech section and the concept is more of an open discussion forum with some important information mixed in. We have information in place that can aid people in getting the information they need about meets (Event Calendar, first post of thread updates) that make things workable, and recently I've been adding the dates of the events to the thread titles just as an added measure of aid in finding what you can and can't attend.

With that said, I do think there are people that post a little excessively for whatever reasons they may have. There are times that I wish that wasn't the case because it's hard to even keep up with the posts being made in here. The forum, however, is a collection of its people and it can't be constantly regulated for excessive posts or things that are off-topic.

I appreciate the concern but the nice thing about the Mustang community is that there are other forums that people can be a part of, and even other sections of this one that are much-more-strictly regulated for on-topic, tech information. If that is what people are looking for, maybe this isn't the place, or maybe it's just somewhere that you stop by to hang out for a bit and learn about our events from time to time.

I just don't think things here are going to change drastically for the few potential members that we lose. When you become one of the largest regional chapters on the forum in a fraction of the time that others have been around...you must be doing a few things right.
HT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #29
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member
 
Sleeper_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raeford, NC - Where if it ain't broke, we fix it!
Posts: 11,634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT View Post
I do my best to keep things structured and at least lead people in the right direction when they first get into this section of the forum. At the same time, this isn't a tech section and the concept is more of an open discussion forum with some important information mixed in. We have information in place that can aid people in getting the information they need about meets (Event Calendar, first post of thread updates) that make things workable, and recently I've been adding the dates of the events to the thread titles just as an added measure of aid in finding what you can and can't attend.

With that said, I do think there are people that post a little excessively for whatever reasons they may have. There are times that I wish that wasn't the case because it's hard to even keep up with the posts being made in here. The forum, however, is a collection of its people and it can't be constantly regulated for excessive posts or things that are off-topic.

I appreciate the concern but the nice thing about the Mustang community is that there are other forums that people can be a part of, and even other sections of this one that are much-more-strictly regulated for on-topic, tech information. If that is what people are looking for, maybe this isn't the place, or maybe it's just somewhere that you stop by to hang out for a bit and learn about our events from time to time.

I just don't think things here are going to change drastically for the few potential members that we lose. When you become one of the largest regional chapters on the forum in a fraction of the time that others have been around...you must be doing a few things right.
I resemble that remark....(Head hung low).....Sorry..
Sleeper_GT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #30
HT
5th Gear Member
 
HT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 2,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT View Post
I resemble that remark....(Head hung low).....Sorry..
I knew that was coming! Yes, it does bother me from time to time (and you're not the only one who does it) but the sentence after that one was true too. People are people and the way that they express themselves makes up what this section of the forum is meant to be. Could it be dialed back from time to time? Yes, but I don't think it needs to change to make people that decide this place is too crazy happy. No need to change identities for that purpose.
HT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snow performance stage 2 MAF boos cooler install jwog666 Pipes, Boost & Juice 5 04-04-2016 05:23 PM
The "I Just Watched A Great Movie" Thread HRnB Off Topic 81 01-21-2016 05:27 PM
Intake manifold replacement Dokilar 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang 15 10-16-2015 09:13 PM
What other parts should I be concerned about if my pinion bearing went bad? KingRando 2005-2014 Mustangs 5 10-02-2015 09:06 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.