Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

How would I PUT THIS IN MY 65? LOOK!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 01:46 PM
65rangoon
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rbooth435
Ummm... I'm NOT TRYING TO BE LIKE Vin Diesel! I think doing something like this is cool and new, I was going to do a TCI coil over front end and update the whole entire car so its basically just a mustang shell and frame. ITS A RESTOMOD! And trying to be like the movies is a hell of a lot better than just being a sheep and doing the normal ****. You guys have a totally screwed up view. get off your high horse and realize that doing stuff like this is FUN. Isn't that why we own these cars? I don't think anyone should be offended... Furthermore, you can be angry because everyone builds better and more efficient engines than we do, but not because people are trying new stuff. I want a DD car that gets better than 20mpg and can trap at least 12sec 1/4 mile and I know that the rb26dett can get me there, while improving every aspect of my '65 stang starting with the handling and overall weight distribution, plus it will be a one of car if I have the twin turbo rb26dett in there.

Thanks for your contributions, I asked for opinions. I do not think this is going to happen, so those of you really upset by my actions need not cry.
just thought id point out a flaw in your apparent attempt at a rant against the people on this board.

you say you want something "cool and new" but then go on to say "trying to be like the movies is a hell of a lot better than just being a sheep and doing the normal ****".

how does being like a movie and doing something thats been done at least once mean you are doing something new? wouldnt new mean its never been done before?

oh and ive been on the forums a while longer then you and have yet to see a person on "a high horse". you asked for opinions if you cant handle the opinions then dont ask for them. im sure if you went to a skyline forum and asked "hey i think im going to put this engine in an old american car" youd get the same bashing ... well except for those who are in love with the fast & furious series and idolize that life style thinking its cool to have bumble bee exhaust
Old 02-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Joe67
Banned

...And trying to be like the movies is a hell of a lot better than just being a sheep and doing the normal ****. You guys have a totally screwed up view. get off your high horse and realize that doing stuff like this is FUN. Isn't that why we own these cars? Furthermore, you can be angry because everyone builds better and more efficient engines than we do, but not because people are trying new stuff. I want a DD car that gets better than 20mpg and can trap at least 12sec 1/4 mile and I know that the rb26dett can get me there, while improving every aspect of my '65 stang starting with the handling and overall weight distribution, plus it will be a one of car if I have the twin turbo rb26dett in there.

Thanks for your contributions, I asked for opinions. I do not think this is going to happen, so those of you really upset by my actions need not cry.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:46 PM
fast65
5th Gear Member

Ummm... I'm NOT TRYING TO BE LIKE Vin Diesel! I think doing something like this is cool and new, I was going to do a TCI coil over front end and update the whole entire car so its basically just a mustang shell and frame. ITS A RESTOMOD! And trying to be like the movies is a hell of a lot better than just being a sheep and doing the normal ****. You guys have a totally screwed up view. get off your high horse and realize that doing stuff like this is FUN. Isn't that why we own these cars? I don't think anyone should be offended... Furthermore, you can be angry because everyone builds better and more efficient engines than we do, but not because people are trying new stuff. I want a DD car that gets better than 20mpg and can trap at least 12sec 1/4 mile and I know that the rb26dett can get me there, while improving every aspect of my '65 stang starting with the handling and overall weight distribution, plus it will be a one of car if I have the twin turbo rb26dett in there.

If you want to get all pissy over an opinion that someone gave you because YOU asked for it, then maybe you need to find a different forum. On this forum there are people who like these cars to be hardcore original and there are others that don't really care as long as these cars aren't destroyed. You asked for opinions and you got them, maybe you need to get off your high horse and realize that constructive criticism is GOOD.

Oh yeah...IBTL!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:08 PM
jonward786
3rd Gear Member

your money, your car. putting a rice engine in it is unique, its different, and because of that, i think its cool. you don't need to come on here and ask for everyones opinions, why do u care what they think?

don't let all these traditional close minded guys shoot down your ideas. do w/e you wanna do. lord knows i dont give a crap. so i dont have any "criticism" for you
Old 02-05-2009, 05:33 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Just ban his ***!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:19 PM
rbooth435

Nah, don't ban me! Isn't arguing fun?

Just kidding, I didn't mean to offend anyone on these boards. I will be asking a lot of questions in the future and I'm sure that im going to need ALL of your help. I was just bitter b/c I already bought the engine and now I'm stuck with it.

I already know I'm not going to do it. I asked for opinions and got what I asked for I guess.
Anyway,
Keep the *** reaming coming!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:20 PM
rbooth435

also does anyone know where I can get some V8 spindles for a 65? I cant find these damn things anywhere!
Old 02-05-2009, 06:22 PM
rbooth435

Originally Posted by jonward786
your money, your car. putting a rice engine in it is unique, its different, and because of that, i think its cool. you don't need to come on here and ask for everyones opinions, why do u care what they think?

don't let all these traditional close minded guys shoot down your ideas. do w/e you wanna do. lord knows i dont give a crap. so i dont have any "criticism" for you

Thanks man! Its not gonna happen. The stand alone ECU is going to cost me wayyyyy too much anyway.

P.s. Your sig is amazing... DROOLING
Old 02-05-2009, 06:28 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

347 stroker EFI 5 speed gears and a suspension and tire that hook will get you near 12 seconds or better and get 20+ MPG on the road

end thread/
Old 02-05-2009, 06:42 PM
fakesnakes
4th Gear Member

also does anyone know where I can get some V8 spindles for a 65? I cant find these damn things anywhere!
I finally found a set on ebay for $100 (a good price), but I waited several weeks until someone finally posted them for sale. Now I see them all the time!

Quick Reply: How would I PUT THIS IN MY 65? LOOK!