Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

ebay warning

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 11:01 AM
leroman
2nd Gear Member

I have been buying on ebay for 8 years and my word of advice to you is:

1.Only buy from sellers who accept paypal or no deal.
2.Never EVER pay with a check or money order.
3.Try to buy from paypal verified sellers whenever possible (this means that their account is linked to their bank account)
4.Only pay with paypal.
5.Become a paypal verified seller yourself (by opening a small bank account just for that ,linking it with the paypal account BUT also having a secondary form of payment which is your credit card and when paying always change form of payment to CC, this way if the item does not arrive you make a claim to the CC company and they will reimburse you)
6.Only buy from sellers with 99% positive feedback or more.
7.Only buy from sellers with a minimun of 100 transactions on ebay.
8.Make sure you know ahead of time shipping charges.

Sorry for your lo$$.

Last edited by leroman; 04-04-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:49 PM
fakesnakes
4th Gear Member

Did you pay with a postal money order? If so, it is mail fraud and a federal offense.

Give Waffles the info! This could get as good as the child molester that got called out and powned big time on another site. I have zero tolerance for this BS and thesee clowns need everything nasty we can throw at them.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:51 PM
WildMustang351
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by fakesnakes
Did you pay with a postal money order? If so, it is mail fraud and a federal offense.

Give Waffles the info! This could get as good as the child molester that got called out and powned big time on another site. I have zero tolerance for this BS and thesee clowns need everything nasty we can throw at them.
WAFFLES, WAFFLES, HE'S OUR MAN IF HE CAN'T DO IT NOBODY CAN!!
Old 04-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Well I'm sure someone can. I just got back from a Machine gun shoot in Kentucky, and have made slight progress. I don't think I'll be happy till I know everything about him, right down to the time of day he showers.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:53 PM
SJs 66coupe
4th Gear Member

I just found this article below and I have updated his case continually on ic3.gov as I found out more about him and also mentioned that I caught the same guy doing the same thing again with a new id. The Feds have his fake name, real name, etc...whether they actually do anything about it is ....well I am not holding my breath but there is some chance they will throw the book at him since it is obvious he is not someone who only did this one time.

Man Receives 2-year Sentence For eBay Fraud

Vote it up!

Gilbert Vartanian was sentenced to two years in prison for scamming customers on eBay out of at least $93,000.00. Vartanian’s scheme was to sell tickets for professional sporting events and expensive Rolex watches and not deliver them. He was found guilty on 9 charges of mail fraud.

Vartanian, 37, created several false eBay accounts to help carry out the scheme. When victims would call him, he answered the phones and e-mails concerning empty delivery boxes or no delivery at all but made no amends. Instead, Vartanian would cash their deposits and use them for personal expenses.

Vartanian was ordered to pay restitution to the victims. He liquidated his retirement account for $27,500 and deposited it to the district court for restitution.