Classic Mustang General Discussion Make your non-Technical threads/posts in here.

Un-approving wife and project budget/phasing

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

Thumpin is a good guy. I'll vouch for him.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:49 PM
hiboostwoody
3rd Gear Member

First of all, if she is going to divorce you over a car, then she wasn't going to stay in the first place. I've been there 4 times so I have a bit of knowledge in that area. Second, you are already going behind her back by having your secret money stash so what's the difference? Third, don't be so damn ***** whipped. You're a 33 year old grown man for Christ's sakes. Do what you want to do. She'll either get over it or she'll die mad. As the old saying goes, it's far easier to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission. Again, been there 4 times so I know what I speak of. Sorry to be so blunt but women that are like that **** me off to no end. It would be different if your family were going without food and power becuase you were spending all your money on a car project but just the fact that you have $13k saved up tells me that would never be the case. Hope I didn't offend too much.

By the way, MY wife agress completely with what I just said.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:13 PM
THUMPIN455
5th Gear Member

4 times? I mean FOUR times? Apparently you are with the last wife now. Slow learner eh? I figured it out after the one, not sure if I will ever get married again. And really I agree with what you said hiboost, Im just a bit more restrained when it comes to that sort of thing. Its not like the car needs a ton of work like my GTO or Mustang, that $13k could get that car rebuilt very nice at a normal shop. I just dont know of any good or bad shops because I dont take my cars to them for anything.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by hiboostwoody
First of all, if she is going to divorce you over a car, then she wasn't going to stay in the first place. I've been there 4 times so I have a bit of knowledge in that area. Second, you are already going behind her back by having your secret money stash so what's the difference? Third, don't be so damn ***** whipped. You're a 33 year old grown man for Christ's sakes. Do what you want to do. She'll either get over it or she'll die mad. As the old saying goes, it's far easier to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission. Again, been there 4 times so I know what I speak of. Sorry to be so blunt but women that are like that **** me off to no end. It would be different if your family were going without food and power becuase you were spending all your money on a car project but just the fact that you have $13k saved up tells me that would never be the case. Hope I didn't offend too much.

By the way, MY wife agress completely with what I just said.
A bit of justifcation needed ?

Yep, don't go behind the wife's back, that's just asking for trouble. If you guys can't discuss this type of thing out in the open and she can't or won't try to understand your desire to fix the car up, it will continue to be a sore spot.

That being said, I'm sure she's done things that you haven't approved of before money wise so it's okay to leverage that. Just don't throw it in her face though in the middle of a heated discussion or as a way to get back at her. That will backfire.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:37 PM
millerwilliampeter

I'm restoring my fiance's 72 Mach I. 351 2v auto, pwr A/C . I get to do the engine and drive train. She is doing the paint and interior. She also bought the replacement rear suspension pieces. She can't believe how quickly I can install $500 worth of parts. LOL If we split she can have the whole thing.
After 54 laps around the sun I've learned that a woman's resentment is seldom appeased.
When in doubt buy jewelry, they love showing it off to their friends.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:34 AM
hiboostwoody
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by THUMPIN455
4 times? I mean FOUR times? Apparently you are with the last wife now. Slow learner eh? I figured it out after the one, not sure if I will ever get married again. And really I agree with what you said hiboost, Im just a bit more restrained when it comes to that sort of thing. Its not like the car needs a ton of work like my GTO or Mustang, that $13k could get that car rebuilt very nice at a normal shop. I just dont know of any good or bad shops because I dont take my cars to them for anything.
Actually, been DIVORCED 4 times. I'm with wife number 5 right now. I think I'll keep this one, though.

I thought my words may be a bit harsh but, hey, he asked for our advice.